What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    I have been on 2 blood pressure pills for over 7 years...My blood pressure actually started going too LOW and making me dizzy and almost passing out. 2 days ago, it was the lowest it has ever been. I stopped the pills and it returned to a normal reading and the dizziness stopped. So I would say this is a huge victory.

That's awesome! Make sure to keep monitoring your BP as you've stopped the medications abprtuly and inform your HCP(health care provider) as soon as you can. Some BP medications can lead to rebound hypertension (occurs when you've suddenly stopped taking the medications). I'm glad you're feeling better and that you don't need to rely on medications anymore ☺️ Huge win for sure!

thanks! Yep, I will monitor closely and let my Dr know. I see her in a month for 6 month blood work and check.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    @InspectorRed Is that a Chief's hat I see?
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    shunggie wrote: »
    @InspectorRed Is that a Chief's hat I see?

@shunggie Yes it is! My hubby & I have season tickets!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    For those of us with 100+ pounds to lose, I think we often don't see any visible changes for quite awhile, which can be disheartening. So, I'm extra glad to have more NSV's to share today to reaffirm to myself that I'm doing well :)

1. Ankles/feet continuing to emerge from the ham hocks for short periods of time. It's like my own personal Loch Ness monster watch ;)

2. Today I discovered that two pairs of trousers that I outgrew last year now fit comfortably again. This one is the major win for me, because I tend to minimize my successes by thinking of how I'm misconstruing how it happened. For example, as my clothes have gotten a bit looser, the naysayer part of my brain suggests oh, the fabric just stretched out more from normal wear & tear. Well, that's definitely not the case with the trousers in question because they've been holidaying in the back of my closet!

Best wishes to all, keep on keepin' on with these great achievements I'm reading about!

I do this too, haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!