So my clothes weigh 2 pounds

2»

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited September 2019
    Never thought about how much my clothes weigh, in or out of the doctor's office, ever.

In the absence of it being directly related to why you are being seen that day, doctor's only care what you weigh if it puts you in the clinically obese or underweight categories by BMI chart and then only if they happen to be looking at it specifically. They frequently won't even catch rapid unintentional weight gains or losses unless you tell them about it. Even then, there's a whole lot of shrugging that can/will go on if you are not actively ill/dying before their very eyes.

It's a ticking off of a box on a screen and not much else otherwise these days. My dogs get better annual health check up physical exams and evaluation of their vitals than I do, lol.

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited September 2019
    If you weigh yourself naked you are indirectly concerned about the weight of your clothes.

I weigh myself naked everyday and for me it's a matter of accuracy and, if they let me, I'd be happy to do the same at the doctor's office.

I'm a member of AANR (Association of Nude Recreation) and after many yrs of walking around and laying naked in the sun, I would have no problem dropping my drawers anywhere that I would not be arrested for doing so.

LOL! ;)

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    The only times I recall having been weighed at the doctors would have been during pregnancies.

Even then it was standard practice for them to subtract 2lbs for indoor clothing and 4lbs if you left a jacket and shoes on. That’s in the UK though and quite a few years ago now! Generally if they need to know how much I weigh they’ll just take my word for it.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    If you weigh yourself naked you are indirectly concerned about the weight of your clothes.

I weigh myself naked everyday and for me it's a matter of accuracy and, if they let me, I'd be happy to do the same at the doctor's office.

I'm a member of AANR (Association of Nude Recreation) and after many yrs of walking around and laying naked in the sun, I would have no problem dropping my drawers anywhere that I would not be arrested for doing so.

LOL! ;)

Yes, after 7 years of regularly going to a clothing-optional beach in South Florida, my doctor is far more concerned for my modesty than I am :lol: