What's your kryptonite?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Peanut butter, nut butters in general. I buy the Walden Farms peanut spread when my craving is relentless. I doctor it up, add sugar free powdered almond butter or sugar free powdered peanut butter. I also make a cup of Waldens with plant protein powder. I want VOLUME when it comes to nut butters!

The WF peanut spread is AWFUL imo... even doctored up!

Yea, I know its pretty rugged however it does help.... i really doctor it up,when I use it. Its for volume. I put in powdered,peanut butter, Truvia and vanilla almond- cashew milk. I also sometimes mix with regular peanut butter, sf maple, protein powder or powdered almond butter.
    Nothing like real thing 100 % but it serves the purpose. 😂😂

At the point though, with all the add-ins, the real thing is probably the same amount of calories??
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    Peanut butter, nut butters in general. I buy the Walden Farms peanut spread when my craving is relentless. I doctor it up, add sugar free powdered almond butter or sugar free powdered peanut butter. I also make a cup of Waldens with plant protein powder. I want VOLUME when it comes to nut butters!

Yea, I know its pretty rugged however it does help.... i really doctor it up,when I use it. Its for volume. I put in powdered,peanut butter, Truvia and vanilla almond- cashew milk. I also sometimes mix with regular peanut butter, sf maple, protein powder or powdered almond butter.

At the point though, with all the add-ins, the real thing is probably the same amount of calories??

It can but when I am in "Waldens mode" its the Size- volume- amount! 😂 usually I have a single serving of plain good nut butter. Sometimes i want the whole jar. I call it methadone for peanut butter addicts 😂
  • pancakerunner

It can but when I am in "Waldens mode" its the Size- volume- amount! 😂 usually I have a single serving of plain good nut butter. Sometimes i want the whole jar. I call it methadone for peanut butter addicts 😂

When I'm craving peanut butter in volume I mix 1 tablespoon of the real stuff with some PB2 and fat free cool whip lol. I just can't do the taste of WF
  • VegjoyP
    edited September 2019

When I'm craving peanut butter in volume I mix 1 tablespoon of the real stuff with some PB2 and fat free cool whip lol. I just can't do the taste of WF

Oooo..... hmm
    .I use coconut cream and whip to whipped cream Or use the chick pea liquid recipe for marshmallow fluff..
    Getting creative ...
    I saw peanut flower, similar to powdered. I bet that would be good...
  • VegjoyP
    Buttercream frosting!
    I made an alternative version- vanilla protein powder, butter salt, butter extract, coconut milk, Truvia and sugar free maple syrup
  • pancakerunner

Oooo..... hmm
    .I use coconut cream and whip to whipped cream Or use the chick pea liquid recipe for marshmallow fluff..
    Getting creative ...

Peanut powder/flour are the same :#
  • lindalu999
    lindalu999 Posts: 1 Member
    1 have several! Real pizza from a wood burning oven. Peanut butter - cannot have it in the house at all, too easy to eat big dollops of it on toast. Also, Tayto (Irish crisps, aka potato chips).
  • VegjoyP

Oooo..... hmm
    Getting creative ...

Well not completely... powdered peanut butter has a bit more fat and carbs, powdered has more protein. Not huge but some differences
  • pancakerunner

Oooo..... hmm
    Getting creative ...

Well not completely... powdered peanut butter has a bit more fat and carbs, powdered has more protein. Not huge but some differences

good to know!
  • pancakerunner
    lately it's been shelled/roasted pistachios...
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Cufflinks...

Oh wait, we're talking food? 🤣 Then it's Jamaican-style fish cakes
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Things without nutritional information available.

If I don't know how many calories is in something, part of me seems to assume it must be calorie-free, even if it's a giant pizza or burger with chips.

Lockdown has been great for my diet, because I've stopped going to restaurants and ordering takeaways, and eating whatever I feel like on the basis that if I don't know how bad it is, it can't be that bad really.

I do love fresh sourdough bread and a really good quality extra virgin olive oil. I could eat a whole loaf, especially if, as pointed out above, I don't know how many calories are in it.
  • VegjoyP
    I'm on a major chocolate kick but fortunately there are a ton of alternatives and cacao is healthy 😁
  • pancakerunner
    Butter. DROOL
  • VegjoyP
    Nut butters.... I have to put the entire jar in single serving cups if I get any. Then I have ability to ration. Otherwise the whole jar dissapears...😂
  • themuskiemoose
    themuskiemoose Posts: 2 Member
    Crunchy peanut butter. Have unfortunately developed a habit of eating it out of the jar with a spoon. I dont do it with smooth PB so I may have to switch to smooth only in my house for now :(
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    I cannot have Goldfish in the house. Something about them make me want to dump the whole bag in my mouth 🤤
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Lately it's been bread! One slice leads to 5....or more. Followed by what I assume is water weight for the next day or two.
  • scheherezhad
    scheherezhad Posts: 4 Member
    Peanut M&Ms for sweet, chips (especially with cheese dip) for savory.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member
    Oreos