Options

Replies

• LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Why do some people treat everything as a joke? Is it just some deep rooted insecurity on their part?

As someone who does this a lot, i often wonder if it’s because I’ve never known any real tragedy in my life.

What you have gone through would be considered major tragedy to some.

That? That was just fodder

It is all in how you handle it. The events you have gone through in recent years would have broken some people
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    Why do some people treat everything as a joke? Is it just some deep rooted insecurity on their part?

As someone who does this a lot, i often wonder if it’s because I’ve never known any real tragedy in my life.

I have known tragedy. To find your way through the darkness sometimes you need the light from a smile as opposed to the darkness of never ending frowns.

I like to think that tragedy would sharpen, not dampen, my wit. Time will tell. I have no idea if those commas were necessary and i love your profile pic

thanks, everyone in fun and games kept calling me a dude so I changed it. I still may be a dude, as this IS the internet after all.................... or maybe not a dude. Who really knows?

#1 - you're gorgeous
    #2 - why were you in F&G anyway???
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

I have known tragedy. To find your way through the darkness sometimes you need the light from a smile as opposed to the darkness of never ending frowns.

I like to think that tragedy would sharpen, not dampen, my wit. Time will tell. I have no idea if those commas were necessary and i love your profile pic

thanks, everyone in fun and games kept calling me a dude so I changed it. I still may be a dude, as this IS the internet after all.................... or maybe not a dude. Who really knows?

#1 - you're gorgeous

Better be good
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »

It’s a coping mechanism- be it insecurity- their own depression or anxiety- I take nothing seriously myself and try to make light of most things - 🤷‍♂️

For example, a group of people having a serious or even delicate conversation about something and this person will put themselves center stage with some snarky and inappropriate comment.

Does that fall under making light of something?

There's a million different reasons that this could be happening and honestly I am too tired to list them off. I don't know who you are referring to, but Chit Chat is full of sarcasm and silliness. It is what most people come here for. Very few expect serious conversations in this area. Half of the "serious" stuff that goes on here is BS and attention seeking stuff anyway.
    How dare you!

That hamster meant a lot to me!
  • caco_ethes
    Options

What you have gone through would be considered major tragedy to some.

She just knew how to find the light(er) in that situation

Are we talking about the uterus fire or the houseterectomy
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

It’s a coping mechanism- be it insecurity- their own depression or anxiety- I take nothing seriously myself and try to make light of most things - 🤷‍♂️

For example, a group of people having a serious or even delicate conversation about something and this person will put themselves center stage with some snarky and inappropriate comment.

There's a million different reasons that this could be happening and honestly I am too tired to list them off. I don't know who you are referring to, but Chit Chat is full of sarcasm and silliness. It is what most people come here for. Very few expect serious conversations in this area. Half of the "serious" stuff that goes on here is BS and attention seeking stuff anyway.
    How dare you!

That hamster meant a lot to me!

Well you weren't supposed to put him there....
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

#1 - you're gorgeous

I like to post death scenarios et cetera et cetera

When I die and my estate manager is divvying up my legacy to my kids, they’re each gonna get one of the amazing threads I started in there in a previous life
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

#1 - you're gorgeous

When I die and my estate manager is divvying up my legacy to my kids, they’re each gonna get one of the amazing threads I started in there in a previous life

insightful 😁
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options

If you’re talking irl I guess that’s a know your audience kinda thing you know - I mean I know when to stfu myself - but in most cases especially here I’m rarely serious
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Everyone disappeared so now @slimgirljo15 and @your_future_ex_wife are plotting
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

#1 - you're gorgeous

You enjoy killing me don't you ? 😉
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

g3newa3jpabo.gif

We are in cahoots
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

g3newa3jpabo.gif

We are in cahoots

*flutters eyelashes innocently*

*whispers* I think they're buying it @your_future_ex_wife 😁
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Tin foil halos ladies, tin foil!

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I really want ice cream