• djke1
    djke1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    was able to meet my goal for today
    was able to jog for 12 min
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys - that must have felt so good to have the eyes ๐Ÿ‘€ f your students light up.

@PackerFanInGB - thatโ€™s a great idea for a challenge at work. Does each week have a different thing to pass?

I still feel like ๐Ÿ’ฉ, I am so tired, my head is stuffed, my ears are funny. Ugh! I am hoping that one day this week I wake up and feel good.

In the meantime Iโ€™m not even trying to make goals. I donโ€™t want to make them just to break them.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 24 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend
    No knitting until household chores are completed!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food ๐Ÿ‘
    2. Gym or home workout ๐Ÿ‘
    3. Drink 150oz water๐Ÿ‘
    4. Meditate ๐Ÿ‘

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Donโ€™t eat any donuts Iโ€™m taking to work
    3. Gym
    4. Drink 150oz water
    5. Meditate
    6. Stay lectin free
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been lurking but just lacking the energy to post the last few days.

@pridesabtch that is really great that your daughter trusts you enough to reach out to you about this. You are definitely doing something right. I am so sorry you and she are going through this and I wish you all the best ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT

Water, water, water!
    30 minutes exercise
    Portion control

Still dealing with the after effects of not feeling well. Managed to walk for 30 minutes yesterday and plan to do a walk/run today. Will make an effort to focus on portions today but not worry so much about what I'm eating. Both are important but I need to pare back how much I'm trying to do at once. Getting back to healthy is easier this time but it's still taking a lot of work.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    I have returned to logging & posting. Have been snacking horribly, staying up late, not walking dog ~ due in part to crap weather, part to schedule. Fiscal year end deadline this week so scrambling at work to finish up. Made time yesterday evening for wonderful massage that helped wipe my crappy day away. No time to read backlog of posts but hugs to all the JFTers!

JFT T 9/24
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) LOG ALL THE FOOD ~ good/bad/ugly / net cals < 100 red / 14c water
    3) Bang through remaining regs to be tested (only 8 left)
    4) Evening: clear papers from coffee table, spare desk, kitchen table / update budget s/s / wash dishes / dust? / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / BED & TV OFF 10:20 (walk dog before work W)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Just for Monday
    1. Journal everything I eat :)
    2. Drink plenty of water and log it :)
    3. Step goal :)
    4. No eating at restaurants or fast food all week. :)So far, so good.
    5. Stairs x 3 B)I didn't do the stairs 3 times, but I did take a walk with Maddie and picked a street with a long steep-for-me hill...
    6. Check off 3 work tasks :)
    7. Self-care today 30 minutes :)Took my excited dog for a nice long walk and mixed up the route, so new sights for me and new smells for her! I could have taken a different route but chose hill on purpose, so I'm giving myself credit for that. Then took a long relaxing shower afterward. Listened to a couple of my favorite podcasts--Half Size Me and Joyce Meyer
    8. Evening Routine to prepare for morning :)
    9. Bedtime routine :(Was too tired to journal or read. I watched The Voice with hubby and read more of a mystery on my Nook until I fell asleep, which didn't take long!

Well, I had a good day one day in a row! LOL! Now let's go for two... I'm very determined with this 'reboot' to take care of myself and get healthier. I need to continually remind myself I'm not on a diet...it's a lifestyle change to take my health and my life back. I have not been doing that. I've been moping around being depressed about all the things I cannot do, cannot change, cannot fix, should not eat, did eat anyway, do not have, will never have, etc. I really spent a lot of time thinking about it over the weekend and decided enough is enough. (Now I know I've said this before and never stick with it, and chances are that'll happen again and again, but I feel that if I at least keep coming back and restarting, sooner or later I will make forward progress!)

So, beginning yesterday, actually, I entered appointments on my calendar at the same time each evening to take 45 minutes to harness up my dog and take a walk. I'm sure there will be evenings weather or life won't cooperate, but I will still use those 45 minutes to do some form of activity...whether I turn on music and dance for 30 minutes and meditate with Calm app the other 15, or go to the gym, it doesn't matter...just something at that same time 5/7 nights per week. I am also going to journal every bite without worrying about calorie intake right now. Just get back in the habit of journaling what I eat. I will aim for at least 68 oz of water daily. I have also picked up a small spiral notebook that fits in my purse and whenever I begin thinking of something negative, I will write it down. When I have time, either right away or maybe even at the end of the day, I will reflect on what I can change, if the worry is realistic or just a story I've gotten in my head with no real basis, journal any insights or just pray about the item.

I really am going to try hard to stick to it this time. These are the steps I took in 2017 when my life felt so totally out of control and I didn't know which way to turn anymore. That turned out to be a wonderful year as I was able to handle stress better and ended up with a great new job which actually removed about 75% of the stress! :mrgreen:

Sorry for the novel. Sometimes I need to spell things out so it sticks better in my head.

Have a brand new beautiful day, my friends! :heart: :flowerforyou:

Just for Tuesday
    Journal every bite
    Drink 68+ oz of water and log it
    Reach my step goal
    30 minutes activity -- keep the meeting with myself!
    15 minutes to quiet the mind

Week 1 Work Challenge: No eating at a restaurant or fast food. Eat only what is prepared at home.

Eat only while sitting down
    Be mindful of choices
    Swallow before taking another bite! (I'm terrible about this.)
    Give myself credit for good choices

Journal worries, anxieties & negative thoughts. Write them down to get them out of my head. Address them as time allows but before bedtime.

Aldi's run over lunch hour for a few stragglers that didn't make the grocery list.

Evening Routine: Prep lunchbag tonight, set out clothes for tomorrow, check my station for working at home tomorrow, shower and moisturize, brush & floss, Gratitude Journal, read my inspirational books and/or scripture, bed early to read and then lights out by 10:30.

Word of the year: TENACITY! I WILL NOT GIVE UP!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

@PackerFanInGB - thatโ€™s a great idea for a challenge at work. Does each week have a different thing to pass?

I still feel like ๐Ÿ’ฉ, I am so tired, my head is stuffed, my ears are funny. Ugh! I am hoping that one day this week I wake up and feel good.

Yes, it is 6 weeks long and each week is something different. Saturday and Sunday are free days, so it doesn't interfere with birthdays, football game tailgating, or other weekend plans. It goes as follows:

Survivor Challenge:
    Week 1: No eating out (no restaurant or fast food)
    Week 2: No red meat
    Week 3: Get enough sleep
    Week 4: Eat more fruits and vegetables
    Week 5: Limit Social Media
    Week 6: Get enough exercise

Our Team's name is "Cupcakes Anonymous". heh heh... :mrgreen:

I'm really sorry you are still feeling like crap! I'm sure you know all the things they say to do about it...but I'm going to tell you anyway! Drink lots of fluids...tea and/or water with lemon really helps. Rest, rest, rest. Try Flonase (I buy the generic) and use it every day. (I was told that by two of the docs I work for.) Dayquil and Nyquil are your friend! xxoo (((HUGS)))

• gulfcoastnik
    gulfcoastnik Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can anyone join this group at anytime?
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Can anyone join this group at anytime?

Absolutely! Jump right in! Welcome to Just for Today!
  • rachrach16
    rachrach16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I wanted to see if anyone wanted to create a narcolepsy community group on my fitness pal? I was diagnosed with type one narcolepsy (narcolepsy with cataplexy) this Feb 2019 and I just wanted to have some type of support group through this app if anyone is interested.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. THis thing with V has me in a bad place. B;ame, fear, concer, confusion... I can't breath and I just want the world to go away.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 24 September

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:) I failed to log but I'm sure I am under
    Fitbit excercise goals :) just
    Attend to Happy Scale trend :)
    No knitting until household chores are completed! :) But there are more chores for tomorrow!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:โœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:โœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:โœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5. l
    Jan 2018: 165: ๐Ÿ˜ Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: ๐Ÿ˜ Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: ๐Ÿ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: ๐Ÿ˜œ Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 ๐Ÿ˜ Phew! Itโ€™s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says Iโ€™m โ€˜healthyโ€™ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    25/08: 162.6
    26/08: 162.6
    27/08: 162.8 I think I may have enjoyed the weekend a little too much!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿผ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb Itโ€™s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    28/08: 162.4
    02/09: 160.4
    03/09: 159.6
    04/09: 159.8: just a wee bounce ๐Ÿ˜‚
    05/09: 159.4
    06/09: 159.5
    09/09: 159.2
    10/09: 158.9
    12/09: 158.9
    13/09: 159.1
    14/09: 158.8
    15/09: 159.1
    16/09: 159.1
    17/09: 158.8
    18/09: 158.8
    19/09: 158.2
    20/09: 158.8
    21/09: 159.1
    22/09: 158.8
    23/09: 157.7
    24/09: 157.6
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    CW: 157.6 - 4.8
    This was a total surprise this morning. ๐Ÿ˜

Taking it easy tomorrow.
    JFT: Tue 24 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection ๐ŸŒŸ
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate ๐ŸŒŸ
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise ๐ŸŒŸ
    • 10.30am: Craft Group๐ŸŒŸ
    • 4.45pm: hospital physio appointment๐ŸŒŸ PT was very happy with my progress. I have to say that the knee is improving with the exercises she gave me.
    • 7pm: Crochet Group
    • 6000+ steps

JFT: Wed 25 Sept
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/ in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Am: grocery shopping
    • 2 pm: Play-reading Group
    • Evening: Catch up on some TV
    • 6000+ steps
    • Do monthly accounts
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 25 September

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Attend to Happy Scale trend
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food ๐Ÿ‘
    2. Donโ€™t eat any donuts Iโ€™m taking to work๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    3. Gym๐Ÿ‘
    4. Drink 150oz water๐Ÿ‘
    5. Meditate ๐Ÿ‘
    6. Stay lectin free๐Ÿ‘

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Donโ€™t eat any leftover donuts
    3. Gym
    4. Drink 150oz water
    5. Meditate
    6. Stay lectin free
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Still no time to catch up with reading posts or commenting...

Recap T 9/24
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,292 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 42 floors (busy evening cleaning & putting things away or in recycle bin)
    2) LOG ALL THE FOOD ~ good/bad/ugly / net cals < 100 red / 14c water = Counted light cleaning b/c I wasn't sitting all evening... net cals green 69 :smiley: , sodium -44, sugar -7 (fruits & veggies mostly), fiber & protein good :smiley: , 14c water :smile:
    3) Bang through remaining regs to be tested (only 8 left) = Good progress, maybe even complete testing W :smile:
    4) Evening: clear papers from coffee table, little desk, kitchen table :smiley: finally! / update budget s/s / wash dishes no time / dust? :smiley: / other? :smile: cleaned & refilled birdbaths, boiled hummer syrup & refilled feeder
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :| / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: ouch / BED & TV OFF 10:20 >:) (walk dog before work W)

JFT W 9/25 ~ Late to bed, dog terrified of approaching thunderstorm with wind, and I slept poorly = no dog walk before work. Sad dog & sad me.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Log all food (G/B/U) / net cals < 100 red / 14c water
    3) Complete testing of regs / start office summarization
    4) Evening: shop at Target? donations pile? update bank accts / update budget s/s / refill birdfeeders / water houseplants / finish dusting in other rooms / clear newpaper pile / wash dishes / other?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / BED & TV OFF 10:20 (walk dog before work R)