Why didn't you get married?

LiftingSpirits
LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
Just have fun with this. It can be real things that happened to you or just reasons you have for not getting married.

Replies

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    At the time for all the right reasons, looking back i was blind as a bat...and now hating life.. but not for long..
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    PPOs
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    PPOs

health insurance?
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    My daughter's dad; After awhile I realized he wasn't going to get off his *kitten* and amount to anything. I didn't want to support him, I had a baby to support.
    He ended married to a wonderful woman that ended up supporting him.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I was engaged at 21 for the first time, but didn't marry the guy...mainly because he made me cry almost every day.
    I'm not a crier. He was pretty mean.

...and he bought multiple items of clothing for "our future son" even though I'd told him since Day 1 that I never wanted to have children. I'm sure that is considered cute to a lot of ladies but not this one.

I wanted kids and wouldn't have thought that was cute until we were actually having one.. that's just strange. Sounds like you made the right decision.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    My for real answer though, I was engaged twice before I actually got married. The first one was stupid dumb love that luckily I grew out of and wisened up, the std's that weren't from me also helped me see the light.

The second one I loved a lot, we are still friends but I broke it off cuz he was in the airforce and jumping from station to station, I decided I did not want to move to Japan and then get left there alone while he was out on tours. I kinda regret that now, I would have had a great life and lots of travel opportunities with that one.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Because polygamy is illegal in Canada.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    she always got mad when I refused to take her to the lake

You know it’s serious when you take her to meet Honkers
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I was engaged at 17 to my first ever boyfriend. I was really stupid back then and would have but his mom broke us up. He suggested getting me pregnant so we could stay together. I said yes but plans fell through. THANK GAWD!
    I was with a guy for 4 years and some change and I had been waiting for him to pop the question. He did. It was a bribe to try to win me back after he cheated. I said no. No one is proposing to me on a cracked sidewalk with no ring AS A BRIBE! I was insulted and disgusted.
    No proposals since but my girlfriend talks about marriage and babies so we'll see.
    I only want it if it's real. That's why I'm going to die alone and childless. :/ Hopeless romantic crap really is hopeless.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I was engaged at 21 for the first time, but didn't marry the guy...mainly because he made me cry almost every day.
    I'm not a crier. He was pretty mean.

...and he bought multiple items of clothing for "our future son" even though I'd told him since Day 1 that I never wanted to have children. I'm sure that is considered cute to a lot of ladies but not this one.

I wanted kids and wouldn't have thought that was cute until we were actually having one.. that's just strange. Sounds like you made the right decision.

Yeah, definitely the right decision for me!

The guy wound up with 3 kids, but seems like a loose cannon still which I find sad. Hopefully he is not so mean to his kids.