• Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Tracey In Edmonton This one's for you :smile:
    ksznje6x1odp.png
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great day! The weather here has been absolutely sparkling perfect Fall weather so I am really enjoying that. Spending lots of time walking outdoors and reading on the deck while it is still pretty enough to enjoy it. Got my six miles in easy peasy today. I had been struggling a bit with new meds making me dizzy, but pharmacist daughter had me start taking it at night instead of morning and now I am walking without feeling like my feet are not attached, very helpful

Girlfriends: My daughter has probably been my best friend for years now. We love travel, horse, books, disney, musicals, so we have lots to do together. She fills my heart. But I am lucky enough to have gathered a few good friends from most parts of my life. I have three girl friends from high school I can still pick up with as if we never parted, don't spend enough time with them, but we get together every so often. Have friends from the many places I have worked and have great friends from the horsey world. I also have a cousin who is like a sister. My grandmother was probably my very best girl friend, I miss her the most.

Still on my book binge: reading Origin by Dan Brown right now. I love his books so it is a fun one.

Looking forward to the weekend with my daughter who is going to be looking at a new horse to show! very exciting.

Places lived: I have pretty much stayed in the Columbus, Ohio general area my whole life, maybe that is why I have such a travel bug.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    Rho - thank you
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Welcome serevogel0724, Sarah/latestarter20.
    Katla the hardest thing for me in BB&B is stepping laterally up onto a step with one foot, lifting the other knee and holding while doing 3 curls, then step off, repeat for 30 seconds, turn around and work the other side. My balance is so poor, I have to tap the foot that's supposed to be lifted until I stabilize, then just lift it a bit, then step down. The other exercise I couldn't do was an upward press against the resistance band. Could not straighten my arms out more than half way the first set. When we returned to that exercise later, I was astonished to be able to extend my arms fully. He tells us that our glutes will be our very best friends, but boy they sure start talking to me right away!
    Heather loving the pics, especially the sparkler on the bday cake.
    Irish Terri “...our ship was attacked by Somali Pirates...” Yikes!
    Pg 77/90, but time to sleep.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for September: grit
    Steps-5359 Sat, 3796 Sun, 4070 Mon, 5446 Tues Still need to update these>> vits-16 log-20 CICO-16 Tumble-9 mfp-17 AF-11
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,223 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Slowly catching up! 😂

Gal Pals:
    I had 3 very close friends as I was growing up, but gradually lost touch with them over the years. I have 4 friends from college who I meet up with regularly for lunch. And a group of my teaching colleagues who regularly get together for a catch-up. Several of them are what I would regard as BFFs. Although we don't meet often, we know that we are there for one another. And of course, I have made several very good friends through my volunteering work.

Homes: Very prosaic. Never lived more than 50 miles away from were I was born. We have owned 2 houses. However, I have travelled abroad quite a bit.
    1-3: We lived in my grandmother's house in a Belfast suburb
    3-6: parents moved into rented accommodation closer in to Belfast
    6-17: parents moved to a council house on the outskirts of Belfast on the edge of the Castlereagh Hills
    17-18: left home briefly and lived in inner-city Belfast YWCA then several apartments
    18-20: moved back into parents house
    20-23: Got married and moved in with in-laws about 2 miles away from my parents' house
    23-56: First marital home, semi-detached chalet bungalow in Bangor West, near Belfast
    56-present: Second Marital home, detached Villa, outskirts of Bangor, near Belfast.

☘️Terri
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone.

Sleep, glorious sleep. It is never to be underrated. I barely made it through the day. TG I was able to work remote. My production was not normal to say the least. I got in a solid 8 hours last night and am feeling much better.

Rho - Thank you.

Yvonne – My calendar says it’s “Love Note Day”. I wonder if we match.

All – I am in awe of you who have health challenges and continue to get up and make the most of the day. I am not sure I would be so strong.

The scale has decided to move or should I say my body has decided to cooperate? :) Down to 182.2 from 195.0 on 08/24. I am looking forward to seeing the 170s next month. It has only been since 2015 since I saw those numbers!

October Goals So Far
    My weight loss goal for October is 1.5 pounds per week (I know a little aggressive, but why make it easy). My October exercise goal is to get 3 days of cardio and 2 days of weight training in with at least one activity day on the weekend. I would much rather be active than “exercise”. I am still searching for yoga classes that will coincide with my work hours. I would much rather stop on the way home than coming home and going back out. Third goal is to get all finances in order (bills planned/scheduled through the end of December and retirement projections).

It’s off to the races for me. I need to get the morning chores done, get ready for work, and put in my 9 hours (wow, sounds like a jail term – I actually like my job and employer). I got up a little late so I will be using conference call time to step in place instead of my normal early morning walk.

Wishing all the best day possible!
    SuziQ – Broward County, FL
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,362 Member
    Options
    Did Kelly Coffee Meyers Body Sculpt workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu

I need to leave for the Green Room early today since I need to stop at the post office to mail some trains for Vince.

Rho – what a productive day you had! I'll be eagerly awaiting getting in touch.

After going in the pool yesterday worked outside on Colby’s diamond dotz then ceramics. Needed to stop at Lowe’s Foods. The only silken tofu that they’re now carrying is organic. Oh well.

Bob’s Red Mill no longer has their $1 off coupons online. However, I called them and they’re sending me some coupons

Got a call from Steve (the guy Vince used to work with). He’s coming here Oct. 8 and 9. Hate to say it, but I hope on those days the weather isn’t good. I always feel bad when the weather is nice and we can’t work outside. And this year it’s been so hot we haven’t been able to seed the lawn or anything

They had a key lime cake at ceramics last night. I didn’t have any mainly because it had coconut on it and I really don’t care for coconut. They also had a shoo fly pie which I didn’t have any and some sort of chocolate, but I didn’t have any. I just tell them that I’m really not into desserts. Really, I’m not so much into things that are store bought.

Amber – I’m so sorry that happened to you at the doctor’s office

Kk – Olivia is beautiful

Sue in WA – (((hugs)))

You have no idea how good it feels to be rid of the Newcomer stuff and just do the things that I enjoy!

Tracey – I’ve got you beat in the not-living-in-many-places department. Was born and raised in northern NJ, bought first house in West Milford, NJ, second house in Stroudsburg, PA, third house in Kennett Square, PA, now in NC. That’s it!!!

Really enjoying the book “Women Rowing North”

Michele in NC who will be leaving for the Green Room shortly
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

On homes - I too have not lived many places. Born and lived in one house in OK until I graduated high school. Moved across town to my Dad's for the first two years of college. Moved to my Mom's about 2 hours away (still in OK) for my 3rd year of college. Got married and moved with hubs to a house about 20 miles away still in OK. We lived there for less than a year and moved to the Houston, TX area. Lived in one house for 10ish years, moved to a different house for 15ish years with a one year stay in an apt in Shanghai, China during that 15 years for hubs job. Moved to the edge of the Hill Country in TX 6 years ago and here we are still.

Busy day today for me. I have my annual eye exam, which means new glasses and sunglasses. I'll also end up with new contacts to order, but won't order many since I don't wear them that often. I'm meeting the hubs for lunch since I'll be in town and he has been working 17 hour days so we haven't seen much of each other. Then I have a haircut and I need to go by the jewelers to pick up a couple of rings he sized for me. One was my Great Aunts and I haven't ever worn it since it was way too big. It is a delicate ring that I love so I'm going to wear it from time to time. The other one was my Mom and Step-dads wedding band. She gave it to me several years after he passed away (after she had remarried). Her fingers are quite a bit bigger than mine so I hadn't worn it either. I decided it would be a fun ring for my middle finger so I got it sized as well. I hope they both look good when I pick them up.

I thinks that's it for me today, I will be gone from the house all day, which is very unusual for me.

Hugs Ladies -

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: Congrats on getting your patio set up for winter. We haven’t seen fall leaves changing so far. :noway:

Rho: “Katla I've done a bit of sailing, myself, including the San Juans and BC waterways. I've done other travel as well. But those waterways, islands and inlets are the most beautiful, most majestic of all of the places I've been. Great memories for you and your DH to hang on to.” I loved our travels in the San Juan and Gulf Islands and would do it again in a heartbeat if I could. :heart:

Karen in VA: Olivia is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the photo. :flowerforyou:

Min in Oz: My doctor put me on the pill when I married DH. It was horrible with nasty side effects. We had an argument and DH threw my pills into the toilet. I flushed it. I used a diaphragm for birth control from then until I went through menopause. It was a good decision for me. :star:

Amber: I like Machka’s advice. Take a friend or family member with you for your next doctor appointment. :flowerforyou:

Sue: I’ve taken the ferry to Whidbey Island with DH in the past. The ferry ride was fun and we both loved Whidbey. We considered moving there but it would have been way too difficult for our kids to visit us there, so we stayed here. :star: I keep hoping to go and cheer on Pip in the MS bike ride. We could get there by bridge. So far we’ve had conflicts that prevented us from going. :ohwell:

Barbara: I’ve been taking yoga for years now and it has improved my balance and strength BUT I could not step laterally onto a step while doing curls if I tried. I have a wonky knee that won’t tolerate things like that. I applaud your balance, agility and strength. :star:

Barbie: I’m probably somewhere on the introvert scale, too. My mom was very shy, but she had a cadre of women friends who played pinochle monthly in one another’s homes. I have neighbor friends, horsey friends, teaching friends and yoga friends, but no one in a category of “ladies who lunch.” My teaching friends get together once a year for lunch or dinner. It is always a treat. :bigsmile:

Yesterday I power washed our sailboat all on my own. I’m proud of myself for doing it. In years past DH would help but this year he’s struggling with health problems and wasn’t up for the task.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Reinventing Rhonda - Day 25

Good morning, afternoon or evening :-)

Yesterday was a great day and today will be as well. Slept well and got my walk in first thing. It's a cool, crisp and sunny day where I live - perfect for getting out and doing a bunch of errands. Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday.

Hugs to those that need them <3