*CLOSED* September Challenge (AggieCass & Friends)

Options
Hey Group!

This is the thread to our September Challenge. The Google document and instruction email has been sent to you. If you haven't received it, please let me know ASAP.

Please update your initial weight and inches before tomorrow on the google doc.

To get everyone started and acquainted please answer the following questions:

1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU?
2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday?
3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
My answers:
1. http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSjpl7xC9wEfJt1T0_tSvlmwQdcbollOtp87whq3o7c83lzB-yUg
2. Visiting my lake house in Lake Livingston for the weekend.
3. I had my belly button pierced but it fell out while doing leg curls on the machine where you lay on your stomach.

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory. -- Gandhi

I'm going home to Ohio! I'll be seeing my best friend of a decade for the first time since Christmas, celebrating my dad's birthday, and watching the first OSU game of the season!

At my college, every senior had to complete a "comps" project in their major in order to graduate. As an English major, I was one of four students to opt to do a creative writing project instead of a research paper. I wrote a 32-page play in verse for the project, and loved/hated every minute of it!
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Seeing my children light up when they speak of how active i have become and hearing my husband saying this is the most motivated he has seen me about anything. Also getting up 1.5hrs earlier in the mornings to exercise.

I am looking forward to a full-time Fall Semester in Grad school which is a very heavy work load, therefore, i plan to spend the time at the Caribbean day parade in Brooklyn, New York with the family. This should be a lot of fun!

I am the first in my family to graduate from college and since then my two first-cousins have graduated. This is the start of something amazing in the making!
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU? 'The faster you run, the faster you're done' and 'You are an athlete and athletes don't quit'

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday? Tailgating for the first home football game (woohoo!!) and taking my kiddos swimming before the pools close for the season.

3. What is something that nobody on MFP knows about you? I have 3 tattoos and would like to get another (small) one when I reach my goal to always remind me of the success and all the hard work it took to get there. :)
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    -"I may not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday"

-Go to my local gym & do two classes...then off to the beach with my family!

-I broke my left femur when I was 11years old, went through two surgeries and spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years at the hospital :-[
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    - "One day at a time"

- Take the kiddo's up north to the cabin to spend with my dad for his 60th birthday. Hubby is bear hunting.

- Have 1 tattoo - once I hit goal I will be adding to that!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

2. What are your plans for the Labor Day Holiday? Tailgating for the first home football game (woohoo!!) and taking my kiddos swimming before the pools close for the season.

I like your style! Who's your team?
  • hrshipley
    Options
    Hi! This should be fun! Good luck to everyone!

"You can feel sore tomorrow or you can feel sorry tomorrow... YOU CHOOSE"

Tailgating and attending OSU first football game of the season!!! Goooo POKES! Hanging out with my parents, my dad is having back surgery Friday.

I have two miniature dachshunds... Charlie and Cooper, I call them my boys and people think I am talking about my kids and I don't have any kids!
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    "one foot in front of other and GO"

Ummm.....Texas A&M doesn't get Labor Day off :-) So I'll be at my desk - working!

I want another tattoo....so someone help me find a great word I can tattoo on my wrist! If I achieve my goals, I'LL DO IT!
  • thedreamhazer
    Options

Tailgating and attending OSU first football game of the season!!! Goooo POKES! Hanging out with my parents, my dad is having back surgery Friday.

I was all excited....and then it was the OTHER OSU. ;)
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    Howdy Everyone!

Like so many people, this isn't just about weight loss for me - it's about living life. The song "I hope you dance" by Lee Ann Womack says it better than I about what my new philosophy is when it comes to living.

My husband's sister and her family are coming to visit for a week. We'll be headed out to the Rockies this weekend for lots of hiking. I also have to get one more long run in before my (first) half on the 11th. I will also be watching the Ags play SMU (online cause we don't get Aggie sports up here).

This is a tough one - my mom is on here and she knows a lot about me... Ok - looking into weight loss surgery saved my life. I didn't get the surgery, but because of the workups I had to do we found out that something was wrong. I ended up getting a splenectomy (my spleen thought it was a hematoma). I hadn't told anyone I was looking into the surgery - just that I needed to get some tests done since I had a history of peptic ulcers...
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Hey group, just wanted to give yall the complete list of all of our Challenge Participants:

1 AggieCass09
    2 RunningAggie
    3 ClaudiaV05
    4 Soccermum75
    5 shannonaufman
    6 runnermel
    7 outdorzygrl77
    8 jalysons
    9 lil_missfit
    10 agleckle
    11 nicolina823
    12 Ashkay2
    13 theemstress
    14 candykay89
    15 ecmcnamee
    16 emmaleigh47
    17 jcm214
    18 aprylcross
    19 thedreamhazer
    20 sailorsbabydoll
    21 aggielauren
    22 drmomm
    23 Aloxander
    24 hrshipley
    25 gatorflyer
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone .. here's my responses...

1. What is the #1 thing/saying/thought/whatever that motivates YOU

My favorite saying is "just because it is what it is, doesn't mean that's always what it was meant to be." I am motivated by my kids ... they are energetic, vibrant and they make me happy. I want to be around a long time to enjoy them.

We will most likely be attending a soccer game and spending family time together. We have an annual cookout at my counsin's house on Labor Day and we will be attending that. Lots of swimming, volleyball and rafting down the Monocacy.

I'm pretty sure no one knows that I have 2 tattoos ... the reasons behind them are personal but I love them and I love being tattooed ...
  • outdorzygrl77
    outdorzygrl77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of us....thanks Cass for this WONDERFUL challenge...and let's get to motivating each other --- for the same reason --- OUR HEALTH! :):)

My daily motivation is reminded to me each day -- because I want to live each day to be the best mom for my daughter -- and that involves me to be healthy both inside and outside...so she can have the mom she deserves for a very long time :)

I am camping and boating at Table Rock Lake --- with my family. Can't wait to have some quiet family time at the lake! I will also be watching Season Opener for Mizzou -- GO TIGERS!

I flew free all of my life growing up, until marriage ( yes, I was an "airline brat" ) and LOVE LOVE to travel....now flying is not free and I must plan and budget out our trips...b/c my hubby and I do not live by Credit Cards... :)
  • Aloxander
    Aloxander Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello Team :smile:

Cass-Thank you for taking the time to start this :flowerforyou:

I am Vanessa and wish all of you the best in this journey of ours!

Here we go:

*Thing-Clothes; skirts, dresses, shorts, bikini etc...
    *Saying/Thought:
    "WALK THE TALK" "THE DESTINY IS IN YOUR HANDS" there is one I love and I can't find these came up right now

**My family- my man loves the fact that my waist keeps getting smaller
    my nine year old daughter wants to be athletic and slim

** I was leaving to Cancun on Thursday, but I just canceled the plans right now. The airline will not make any changes or refund :cry:
    **I am going to a concert with my man and to the brazilian carnival "Sabor by the Bay" in San Diego.

**I am the oldest of four sisters. We all have struggled with weight & curves. I want to set an example and show them that everything is possible.

5978368.png
    PERSISTANCE!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Shannon, and I'm so pumped for this challenge! Thank you, Cass, for getting this going!

Here are my 'getting to know you' questions:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right."

Throwing a 30th birthday party for my husband's best friend, and then flying to my parents' house for the week.

I have been a competitive rifle shooter for 12 years. I competed for my high school, I was on an NCAA Division 1 team, I was a two-time All-American, member of the US National team, and an alternate for Beijing in 2008. I'm considered 'semi-retired' at this point and still train, but don't compete for the time being.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    Greetings all! I'm Jenn.

I have a few. When you have depression and anxiety these things get you through a lot of days, my biggest two are:
    The Serenity Prayer
    Do your best and forget the rest

nothing. I'm pretty sure hubby has to work so I suppose I will stay home and read. And crossfit is closed... maybe a run.

I am 29, been married 8.5 years, and I'm childless by choice. Kids are great (hell, I work in a high school) but hubby and I have absolutely no desire to have kids. We like our furry children.

I'm looking forward to this challenge. Just so it doesn't look like I'm cheating or slacking... I gave up the scale yesterday. Took the batteries out and then gave it all to hubby to hide. I've just started crossfit and the new weight training has changed my routine and how I'm losing weight. So, I will be calculating by inches only. Promise I will get those up tomorrow morning.

Peace, Love, and Light,
    Jenn
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Joanne

Looking good, feeling good and setting a good example for my 3 children (4,6 and 8 years old)

No plans, I am working. :(

I have 2 university degrees and a minor in psychology. I am a big nerd..
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    My name is Nicole, I am 28 and have been overweight my entire life. I hope this keeps me motivated.

Thing: The wedding dress I will be buying September 9th

Saying: "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."“There is no failure in running, or in life, as long as you keep moving. It is not about speed or gold medals. It is about refusing to be stopped.”
    Ambry Burfoot

Thought: If I dont get healthy now, what will happen when we try to have children and I'm too heavy to keep up with them.

Friday, I will be teaching a class and painting the store when I'm done. So far thats the only plans I have.

When I graduated from high school I was licensed to teach private pre-k and k classes.

I am marrying my boss of 7 years, next year. And I'm the BOSS at home :)

My favorite snack is air popped pop corn and splenda.
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Nice to meet you all. I am Jenn and looking forward to this.

Showing my kids a healthy life-style, teaching them to eat healthy and be active with them

Nothing, but spend time with my kids and husband. This will be great after 2 weeks of heavy travel.

I have 2 year old twins and they start pre-school next week. Nervous for them and me. I also travel way too much sometime;.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options

1. I NEVER want to be called obese again.....the most heartbreaking day, when I read my history and physical before surgery and the doc wrote....well developed, well nourished OBESE white female......

2. Tail gaiting for the start of college football....WHOOP

3. I helped pay my way through college by........... Belly dancing.....