Women 200lb+, Let's Be Spooktacular This October!!!

Options

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SW 286.5
    CW: 239.1
    GW: 180

Goals for October:
    Drink 150 oz water/day
    Walk 5 miles per day
    Burn 3000 calories a day
    Log everyday, for better or for worse
    Get to 230

Thankfully I'll be out of town on Halloween, so I won't have to pass out candy! I've got quite a bit of travel this month, which makes it hard to meet my goals. Got to work extra hard to make up for it.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm also in, I have to undo some months of hearty stress eating - maybe I can take my stress out on some innocent pumpkins - my goal is to eat to plan and burn 400 a day through cycling or on some cardio gear I have in my shed here.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    CW 229
    GW 200
    UGW 160
    My Oct goals drink at least 8 glasses of water
    Walk every day at least 30 mins
    Log my food and activity
  • sweetirish
    sweetirish Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Advice! I am attempting IVF and insurance is now requiring something called a Clomid Challenge - basically the doctors put me on Clomid (like crack to ovaries) to see how my body will respond to fertility meds before paying for the really expensive injection meds. I know this is going to cause water weight and other issues. Should I even bother weighing myself this month or just focus on my goals and see what happens?
  • SophMadsMom
    SophMadsMom Posts: 9 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    SW 271
    CW 264
    GW: 160

October goal. Keep making healthier choices, walking the dog on at least 2 walks a day roughly 20 minutes each.

My family has a Halloween Party every year. So I will have to stay on track. I will take my kids out for Halloween that will include a lot of walking.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @sweetirish, what about tracking your neck waist and hips measurements instead? If you do step on the scale, understand that you are going to gain a quick 5 or 10 pounds, and then celebrate the victory as you shed despite the water retention. Also drink more water than you can possibly imagine - it will help flush it out of your system.

Good luck with the process!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    sweetirish wrote: »
    Advice! I am attempting IVF and insurance is now requiring something called a Clomid Challenge - basically the doctors put me on Clomid (like crack to ovaries) to see how my body will respond to fertility meds before paying for the really expensive injection meds. I know this is going to cause water weight and other issues. Should I even bother weighing myself this month or just focus on my goals and see what happens?

I'd keep weighing, otherwise your head might take it as an opportunity to pig out. Also noting the water fluctuations could be useful information for you or someone else. Good luck with the IVF!!