Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yes me too! I hit them too. BTW had to look up what a "Bank Holiday" was in the UK
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I did pretty well this week. Skipped exercise on Tue. so was over in cals. I missed water on Mon. and Thurs. I did get all of the challenges done though! I completed 18 miles, 200 jumping jacks and 450 crunches. I'm not sure if my coworker that I talked to joined.

Today's workout was a killer but I got through it! :smile:

Keep kicking butt ladies!
    Angel
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Oh I lost 1.8 pounds this week I'm happy but wish I could have made it to 2 for one more point for the team.

I haven't been training for a 5K! I've been doing my miles on my bike. What in the world am I going to do tomorrow???? My treadmill is on an incline and I don't know how to fix it. A mile on that thing is killer. I'm stressed!!! :huh:

Love to you all,
    Angel
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yes me too! I hit them too. BTW had to look up what a "Bank Holiday" was in the UK

It's where every single person has a day off in the whole of the UK. Every shop, even supermarkets are closed - except the pubs that is! The pubs are rammed because there's nowhere else to go! But obviously this means that most people start drinking on Friday night and dont stop til Monday night! So yeah, I worked my *kitten* off all weekend and my crappy company wrote into my new contract that I dont get double time for it anymore! So I did it for a measly £5 per hr >:-(

@AlwaysAngel - I havnt trained either but it's easier than you think, I accidentally completed 3 miles a couple of weeks a go by going out and walking for 45 minutes lol! I got home and put in my miles only to find out I'd just completed a 5k heehee great day! :-)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Oh I lost 1.8 pounds this week I'm happy but wish I could have made it to 2 for one more point for the team.

I haven't been training for a 5K! I've been doing my miles on my bike. What in the world am I going to do tomorrow???? My treadmill is on an incline and I don't know how to fix it. A mile on that thing is killer. I'm stressed!!! :huh:

Love to you all,
    Angel
    Is it possible for you to walk outside?
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    Ladies you are doing wonderful! Great weight loss angel! Final two days ladies and we got this! It's been a wonderful challenge and I've enjoyed it.
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    So yeah, I worked my *kitten* off all weekend and my crappy company wrote into my new contract that I dont get double time for it anymore! So I did it for a measly £5 per hr >:-(

Do you get tips? Or no tips over there? When we visited Switzerland the waitress kept trying to give our tip back to us, and we kept telling her "no, that's for you" she finally just shrugged and kept the money.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do you get tips? Or no tips over there? When we visited Switzerland the waitress kept trying to give our tip back to us, and we kept telling her "no, that's for you" she finally just shrugged and kept the money.

Not really, that's more of a restaurant thing, but because we're a bar that serves food, people think they don't need to tip! Occasionally I get offered a drink or given 50p by an OAP but nothing like the £40+ tips that waitresses get. Some people reckon its because our cheap menu with meals starting at £3 attract tight people lol! Plus on bank holiday most people were drinking rather than eating lol
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Ok, I'm seriously going to have an issue with this walk thing today! It's too hot for outside and I couldn't get that type of walk in at lunch at the mall all at once. Can't go to the mall tonight, I have appointments! Arrrrrggggg! I can't walk in circles at my house for that long, it would drive me bonkers!

Ummm....dang it!
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I'm sorry for all of the griping about the miles last night. I sucked it up, put mind mind to it that I wasn't going to let a little challenge get the best of me and I didn't want to let you all down.

I DID IT!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: That was my first ever. It wasn't even as bad as I thought it was going to be. I even did a couple short sprints. I feel like a biggest loser contestant facing my fears and getting it done!

Love to you all!

Angel
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    That's an awesome job Angel! It does feel good to accomplish so many exercise challenges. I'm doing my walk tonight because I had to do yard work yesterday (mow lawn, rake, etc)
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Do we find out the results of all the teams in August? Where'd we net out?
  • VelcroPooh
    Options
    Sorry guys...didn't get the walk in :(

I am proud of all of us for what we accomplished! I know the challenges helped me lose some inches and weight and I appreciate all the encouraging words from everyone! I am very proud of myself because I know I have strengthened my arm and shoulder and I feel so much better physically and mentally!

It has been a pleasure being on this team with all of you! Keep at it ladies!
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just want to apologize for not being able to commit and get everything done...with the unexpected trip and the hurricane, I have just been so stressed out and unable to check in etc. Please forgive me team..

I have signed up for captain next month, hope I can do a good job..
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    I'm ALLLLLL DONE!!!! Walk in tonight.....bye bye August, it's been fun, I'll miss you, but I met a whole bunch of wonderful people in the meantime!!!!! :)
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    I would love to try to keep in touch with you that aren't doing the Sept. challenge. You have been so motivating! Thank you!

Love to you all!
    Angel
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options

I was never able to get any reply's from Gary on anything and, as far as I saw, he never posted it any where so I have no idea. I'm sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    got my walk in guys !

i dont care if we dont win the whole challenge . we already won with our weight loss ! excuse me for being cheesy =]
  • holly200
    Options
    I agree....we won, because we lost weight and did some challenges we never thought we could!
  • Stephanie08
    Options

I was never able to get any reply's from Gary on anything and, as far as I saw, he never posted it any where so I have no idea. I'm sorry. :flowerforyou:

No worries! and thank you for the flower :):flowerforyou: You rocked it Joy, we're glad you kept us going :drinker: