August Day by Day Challenge (OPEN): 1 year anniversary!!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    8/29's goals:
    1. am workout...already done
    2. prepare meals YES
    3. put clothes away YES
    4 .keep water bottle with me all day YES
    5. fill out more job applications YES

also made it to the gym for a 2 mile run and 2 miles on the elliptical

8/30's goals:
    1. clean the house.
    2. early workout.
    3. water all day.
    4. make a few phone calls for leads for jobs.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Kathy, I think its better when I come on and set my goals too. Sometimes I come on midday to see what I have left. So sad that its so quiet around here. I thought on Monday it would have perked up more. The month is almost over. Of course we will start a new topic for it. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Kathy looks like it was just me and you yesterday. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

this confused me for a sec... lol.. till i remembered pmj is one too and i'm usually bratty to you lol..

Sorry I was MIA. Sunday was busy and today I was without inet most of the day while they reran my cable lines and replaced some of my equipment. Lightening struck the street behind my house and jacked my cable services. I will be back tomorrow with more goals and I didn't achieve weekend goals beyond what was already posted.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    the first 2 on the list for today is already done. Working on the 3rd as I am at 32oz of water at 7:45am!! Can't start making calls for another few hours. I need to add something else to the list.

5. stitch up my daughter's favorite bear before she gets out of school.
    6. pick up milk from the store.
  • brattyworm
    Options
    8/30 goals

Get through the day..... lol

1) eat a fruit. and a veggie outside of whatever is in my meal.

2) figure out an equivalent to squats for chargers challenge if not do 20 min of pilates that dont involve ankles.

3) 5 bottles of water

4) if i get out of school at noon pick weeds in the large small portion.
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ALL!

Okay I am here after the Storm and I do mean storm... I had flooding to my home and hours later my boys arrived home after three whole months of being in Georgia so I had my hands full. They started school a day late but they are off today! I need help from you all... Those that work and have children I need ideas on how to put in a serious workout I have been doing up to two hours of walking and it could barley do 30 minutes of walking after 9pm last night. I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACKWARDS SO PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS!

August 30, 2011

1. Water Water Water
    2. Calorie number I do ok I am going to begin looking at the other numbers that the counter records in comparrision to the foods that I am eating
    3. WORKOUT EVEN IF I am walking in the dead of night! I am going to need mase or something

Non Fitness
    1. Create a schedule for the house for after school
    2. Call all schools to verify transportation
    3. Get the kids back to preparing for the week by having clothes out for the entire school week.
    4. Chore list for the house

Thank you in advance for any ideas....,,,

Shanae'
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brattyworm
    Options
    3. WORKOUT EVEN IF I am walking in the dead of night! I am going to need mase or something

If you go to a gun shop type place they have small cans of pepper spray on a key ring that is easily detachable. I carry one of these on the lanyard I have my house keys on around my neck when I go walking. Mine is mainly for use with stray dogs... but... its a thought... also if you go out at night maybe consider one of those big mag lights that are heavy and would hurt anyone if they got hit by one.

OOH and if you need more reason... this is a good reason to take a self defense class in which you work out and learn how to bring someone down if they mess with you.

Either way good luck with your goals..
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 29:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Exercise for 20 minutes.--Yes.
    3. Track my food and stay on plan.--Yes to both.

Had another good day yesterday. I know I can do this and I will! I've been wanting to do something different so I searched for Bratty's (Hi, Kathy!) 'Charger's challenge' and have started doing what I can. I did 100 triceps dips yesterday when I really didn't think I'd be able to get past 50!

Shanae--Can you do in-home walking? It doesn't take up much room and is much safer than walking outdoors at night! I have a list of some of Leslie Sansone's workouts that are available for free online and you can get her DVDs at Walmart and Target for around $10.00. I understand that On Demand has some good workouts, too. I don't have that with my cable but a lot of them can be found at exercisetv.tv.
    I can send you the list if you want it.
    I'm glad you made it through the storms! Bet it's good to have your boys home, isn't it? I always missed my kids when they were gone! (They're all grown up now.)

Goals for Aug. 30:
    1. Water.
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes.
    3. Stay on plan.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    shanae, I know what you're going through. just sent you a message!

kathy, I sent you a message too!
  • brattyworm
    Options
    8/30 goals

Get through the day..... lol

1) eat a fruit. and a veggie outside of whatever is in my meal.

- bout to go grab a nectarine, no veggie though.

2) figure out an equivalent to squats for chargers challenge if not do 20 min of pilates that dont involve ankles.

- I did 60 one legged squats where i went a qtr of the way down and 3 where i went all the way down

3) 5 bottles of water

- got in 4 which means i'm sure i'm dehydrated

4) if i get out of school at noon pick weeds in the large small portion.

- I did not get out of school at noon, in fact i did not get home till almost 8.

8 / 31 goals

1) five bottles

2) one small coffee and maybe a small snack at the coffee shop, try to forgo the snack

3) one fruit and one veggie outside meals.

4) not be at the coffee shop till midnight doing homework.

So if I dont see y'all around tomorrow, its because I"m busy at work followed immediately by a review session on thermodynamics and then on too the coffee shop to discuss programming stuff..

Good luck to you all
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Goals for Aug. 30:
    1. Water.--Yes.
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes.--Yes +
    3. Stay on plan.--Yes.

I got a LOT done in the front garden! Dug up about a thousand irises and lilies that were threatening to take over (Most were here already when we moved in!), moved some shrubs and plants and also dug a new edge (couldn't tell where the lawn ended anymore!) and it all looks SO much better. I need to find something to replace a plant that had died and get some bark (hate that stuff but...) and then that will be done for a while. I also worked in a bunch of Charger's squats since--Hey! I was squatting a lot anyway! LOL!)

Food was good except for that bowl of cereal I had before bed. I was well within my calories for the day though I went over my carbs a bit.

Leela--Got your message!

Bratty--A review session on thermodynamics, huh? Sounds like fun!

Have a great day, all. Look for the September thread to start this afternoon (Pacific time) sometime!

Goals for Aug.31:
    1. Water.
    2. Rest day except for Charger's challenge.
    3. Stay on plan!
  • Shanaedunn
    Shanaedunn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ALL!

August 30, 2011

1. Water Water Water - YES 6 Glasses -Question how much water should I be drinking?
    2. Calorie number I do ok I am going to begin looking at the other numbers that the counter records in comparrision to the foods that I am eating YES
    3. WORKOUT EVEN IF I am walking in the dead of night! I am going to need mase or something - YES 3 miles got an hour in

Non Fitness
    1. Create a schedule for the house for after school - working on it
    2. Call all schools to verify transportation -YES
    3. Get the kids back to preparing for the week by having clothes out for the entire school week.- YES
    4. Chore list for the house - working it!

Thank you in advance for any ideas....,,,

Shanae'
    Yes I can do in house walking I would like that information. I dont have cable right now its just a bill I choose not to have to worry about (it sucks though!) I am not feeling the walking at night and my boys are not comforatable with me going out. So in the house I shall stay. My main goal guys is to not loose this momentum I have worked up. Honestly I dont know it seems like you work more calories when you work out vs walking so maybe this isnt such a bad thing.

Shanae`
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Okay, here's the link to next month's thread--hope to see you all there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332206-september-day-by-day-challenge-open
  • brattyworm
    Options

8 / 31 goals

1) five bottles

- got in five

2) one small coffee and maybe a small snack at the coffee shop, try to forgo the snack

- had a 12 oz mocha and an albacore tuna melt sandwich on 7 grain no chips

3) one fruit and one veggie outside meals.

- only got in the veggie - carrots

4) not be at the coffee shop till midnight doing homework.

- was there till 8:30 didn't get much accomplished with the exception of being frustrated.

So if I dont see y'all around tomorrow, its because I"m busy at work followed immediately by a review session on thermodynamics and then on too the coffee shop to discuss programming stuff..

- BTW the thermo review and other reviews to come are for the FE exam (Fundamentals of Engineers)

Good luck to you all

9 / 1

1) chargers challenge is 200 crunches &/or situps. my goal 10 situps - the rest crunches. Here's the link to todays challenge if you wish to participate. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332364-thursday-mini-challenge

2) five bottles of water

3) fight with programming IDE till i get somewhere. (not to worry you dont have to understand that)
  • frubjious
    Options
    Morning Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well. I'm a bit rushed right now so I'll do a proper intro late but its lovely to be back. Thanks Kathy for starting this months thread.

Friday's Goals:

Fitness:
    1. Under on calories
    2. Water
    3. No bread :sad:

Non fitness:
    1. Finish carving & painting bits for friends wedding
    2. Get everything in the office done in time for week off.:love:

Have a lovely day.
    Kx