Women 200lb+, Let's Be Spooktacular This October!!!

Options

Replies

• Reachbrenda
    Reachbrenda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First time posting here (I CANNOT figure out how to add friends on this site, help me?!)
    SW:223
    CW:214
    GW: 150
    5’8
    UPDATE: GW for October: 204 (daily log, start cardio when released by knee surgeon- fingers crossed!)

I am committed to using the site everyday and not self sabotaging when I get under 200 for the 10th time! I’m currently recovering from knee surgery so not doing my typical exercise routine. Would love to connect with some of you.

• Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SW: 288
    CW: 237.1
    GW: 144
    9/30: 237.1
    10/07: 233
    10/14
    10/21
    10/28

• lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    SW: 245
    GW: 150
    9/30: 238
    10/6: 237

I'll take the pound! Way to stay on it everyone!
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @denjan333 I totally can relate on the exercise and pain associated with it! I joined a gym last week and was very proud of myself for going three times. Someone recommended the recumbent bike as it is easier on knees, back and joints. I was able to complete 30 minutes without much pain. I know it's not a lot but I feel like it is a start for me. I hope to add in some other workouts as I lose weight but I least I am moving more!

I had a rocky first week...ugh! I had done good during the week and then the weekend started with a seafood boil Friday for a birthday. Darn birthdays :( I tried to not overeat and tried to resist the desserts, but I was unsuccessful :( I am not beating myself up about it and just getting back on track. It seems when I ever fall off the wagon, I gain a lot of weight...hoping it is just water gain like my bad week in September.

I also tried new food prep meals last week and I think I need to go back to the basics. I tried something different because I was getting bored but I think they were too high in calories and fat. I went over my calories a couple days but still felt like I wanted to eat. SO back to regular meals this week and hopefully get rid of the pounds I gained.

SW: 276.6
    October start weight - 254.2
    CW: 258.0
    UGW: 160

Goal for October: 248.2

- log everyday - I logged everyday! It really helped me see my meal prep meals were not going to work
    - continue to drink min of 64 oz. a day of water - drank 64 - 96 ounces of water everyday
    - exercise more - gym 3 - 4 times a week - went 3 times!
    - limit alcohol intake - weekends still a problem - still coming up with a plan on this. Going to try a replacement this coming weekend.
  • lnov530
    lnov530 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Terytha wrote: »
    I really don't see myself as I am.

I was at the store looking at size 16 jeans and saying to my husband, "these are really small! There's no way." He made me try them. I grabbed my usual 18s as well to save time.

They were too big. The 16s fit perfectly.

I look in the mirror and still see an obese girl. And I am! But the fact is, even if I can't see it, I've gone down 2 shirt sizes and 1 pant size and size 16 jeans are not impossible they are what fits.

This is me too! I needed a new pair of jeans since my 22s were not fitting (too loose) and so I went to the store and grabbed the 20s not thinking that 18s would even be possible. Turns out they were. So excited!
  • christymarten
    christymarten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Size 16 is now the average size of a woman in the USA. This may not be ideal and it may be too much weight for many, but you are not obese! Keep up the great efforts!
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,185 Member
    Options

October start weight 101.1kg
    October goal weight 99.9kg

30/9 101.1kg
    7/10 100.4kg - very pleased with this

Goals
    Stay under net calories of 2000 each week - oh so close!! 2020, better than the last two weeks anyway
    Snacking 25% of calories or less each week - 27%, better than the last two weeks anyway
    Planning the week's meals on a Sunday - yes
    Get back to running 3.5km - not yet, but did a bit over 2km

• RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Feeling good about this week. I know it's only the beginning, but I'm getting good vibes!!! I've already made it to the gym and have planned out some non-gym exercises as well.

I've gotten rid of most of my unhealthy foods, although we did make pumpkin bread and banana nut bread, but I've managed to keep my slices very small!!!

Hope everyone else had a great Monday! 💜
  • christymarten
    christymarten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alicia, feel free to add me as a friend!