WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,584 Member
    Sharon our paths likely crossed at Tilden. I was there then... when I wasn't at Redwood Regional or on the Cal campus.
    Welcome VictoriaLWill
    Rita :sad: to hear rx change had bad effects.
    Pip SMOOCH that pooch!
    LuciB Lovely pic!

Too pooped for more, sleep sweet, all!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=7660 vits=12 log=12 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble=6 mfp=12 AF=10
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,998 Member
    Morning ladies~ finally the scale is moving down again, have been stuck for a month or so..
    today going back to work.. I know the girls will be very comforting to me..they love me..
    I will leave my bag packed for thursday,will find out the itinerary today..when I go into work
    i havent had much time for the 3 hobby thing, will have to think about it and get back to you..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,812 Member
    edited October 2019
    @LuciBThinner 💖 the photos. I bullet journal, too 😂

Allie: Hurrah! For the scale dropping! Good on ya, for getting back to normal as quickly as possible. It's been a such a stressful time for you. (((Hugs)))

Had a restful weekend. The ⚖️ continues to drop. This morning I'm Prepping for a workshop on Silhouettes with my Monday Painters group this afternoon.

Mille Failte to the new ladies.
    (((Hugs))) to those in extrimis

💕💖💕 May your day be filled with compassionate joy! 💕💖💕

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Re: the hobbies:
    1. Writing
    2. Gym six days a week
    3. Writing, painting, quilting, crocheting, woodwork, furniture refinishing

Hopefully, once I retire (which seems to be moving further away!) all the ones in #3 will become #1s. :)

Kids here at noon, time to go to the gym, get back and put in five productive hours at work before they arrive.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hello everyone.

I found this quick article on MFP regarding 6 Tricks for Weight Loss.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/6-tricks-for-weight-loss-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-dieting/?otm_medium=onespot&otm_source=onsite&otm_content=article-page:inline-unit-text&otm_click_id=f7e9039f-2fb2-4377-bc65-a03e5c521bdb

The Hobbies
    1. For Money - Work. I am attempting to find my "niche". I am seeking a hobby I may enjoy that will allow me to produce another income stream. And, because I sit all day I do not want one where I have to sit to perform it.
    2. For Exercise - Walking, weight lifting, and Yoga.
    3. For Creativity - Gardening, reading, and flower arranging.

Wishing everyone a day filled with hope and peace.
    SuziQ - Florida
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,067 Member
    n0uxsbl7d9yz.jpeg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Morning, on the road again! We are finishing a quick trip to upstate ny (hi beth) to visit DD at school. First time seeing her apt and of course I snuck a peek into her fridge (empty) so I’m off to grocery shop for her—can’t help myself before we leave.

Just finished 3 miles on hotel treadmill and will have a family breakfast then off to roam the “road less taken “ home. The autumn leaves are staring to turn and here’s the proof!

NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,585 Member
    Good morning peeps! <3

Machka - the three hobbies slid right by me. Here ya go-

-For money - sheep, marketing colored fleece and handspun yarns. This was in my past since we moved from the farm. Nothing currently - enjoying not being pressured to produce!
    -For exercise - walking, Strong Women Stay Young strength training, gardening.
    -Creative - also gardening, raising seedlings - flowers and veggies. Looking at seed catalogs, lol.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Hi ladies
    HOBBIES
    Don't make money just spend it :D
    Exercise- weights, cardio and walking
    Creative- reading, knitting listening to music and audio books

Kate UK <3
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Rita Hope you adjust to your meds quickly! Sorry they are bothering you!

Pip Love your doggies!

Terri I'm not artsy in my bullet journal, but I love stickers! I wish I could draw, but it's not a gift I was given. Will have to read some of those books on how to draw different things step by step.

Kate LOL not making money, mostly spend it! Me, too. I have to be careful now that we are retired!

Luci in WNC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :) Happy Monday in Cool at Last Georgia
    Carol
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Congratulations, Kelly and the whole family! So glad you were there for the birth... he's a handsome boy...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,449 Member
    edited October 2019
    First cruise ship of the season arrives tomorrow ...

MAJESTIC PRINCESS with 3560 passengers and 1345 crew.

I think there's supposed to be about 65 of them this season.

I'm glad I decided to do a little shopping today ... my walk tomorrow will be to the university for my last lecture of this course. But I'll catch a glimpse of the ship on my way to work.

However, that lecture is the most important lecture of them all ... it's the one that will discuss what will be on the exam!!

M in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Kelly ~ Congrats! Joaquin looks like such a tiny bundle beside his mom. Your daughter is just beautiful. Miguel is a handsome addition.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    OMG Miguel & Joaquin with Mommy! Be Still My Heart
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👋😁
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    KJ - Congrats! So happy Mom and baby are safe!

Okie in the TX Hill Country