Oooo
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Kim ... wow! That's a lot of apples to deal with. Sadly, the trees in my yard didn't do so well this year (Honeycrisp and Fireside). I'll be buying apples here soon to freeze for pies/crumbles/etc.

Rita ... I live with depressed people (rarely depressed myself) and know that it's a serious and frustrating situation. Thinking about you.

Kelly ... have a wonderful visit with your grandson(s).

Michele ... the carvings are my nephews and the pumpkins are cuter than the photo shows. I like them.

So I have a scale dilemma. My scale has seemingly been stuck. It sits on a tiled bathroom floor and I never move it. Today I stubbed my toe on the dang thing and moved it to a different place. Got on the scale and was 6 pounds lighter??? Moved it back to the original spot and was at the stuck weight. Played this back and forth game for several minutes and there was a 6 pound difference between the locations. I would so love to accept the 6 pound loss but... yeah, right. On the other hand the dang thing's been stuck!! Time for a new scale? In any event this is why you should never rely solely on a number.

Beth near Buffalo
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth. Is there a calibration dial on the scale? We have his and her scales in our bathroom. My dh’s Scale is always one pound lighter. Can you guess which scale I like better? Another thing, do you feel lighter, are your clothes looser, can you use a tape measure to check waist measurements?

NYKAREN
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ I love my Homedics scale. It always syncs with the dr's.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))): Sorry about your fender bender. I hope it all comes out okay and you don't have any worrisome injuries. :ohwell:

Betsy: Sorry to hear that you have to go to Alaska for mediation. I hope everything settles equitably and you can go home and not worry about it again. :flowerforyou:

Rho: The Seasonal Affective Disorder article was interesting. I looked hard to find recommendations and must have missed them. I know what works for me—bright lighting in my home, regular vigorous exercise, dark green veggies, and Vitamin D3. The combination helps my body have plenty of D-3 and keeps the wintertime blues away. :heart:

My hair is a shaggy mess and I was lucky enough to get an appointment with my hair cutter before I leave on my adventure to Illinois. I feel very lucky to get in on such short notice. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :) For the last two years, Jake and I have gone together to get our hair cut by the same woman. We called it our "hair cut date" and I enjoyed it, but a few months ago, he decided that he wanted to get there when the shop opened at 7 AM and I wanted to wait until after I'd walked the dogs. We had many "loving discussions" about this and neither one of us came out happy. Today he went before 7 AM and was home not long after 7:30. I walked the dogs from 6:30 to 8:40, took a shower, got my hair cut and was home in plenty of time to do some chores before lunch. We were both happy with the change. We go to Great Clips where you can check in on line so you don't have to wait too long when you get there.

<3Betsy, sorry that you have to go back to Alaska for mediation. I am thinking good thoughts for you.

:)Beth, it sounds like it's time for a new scale.

<3Allie, sorry to hear about your fender bender. Best wishes for a speedy resolution for any damage to you and your vehicle.

<3 Barbie from drizzly NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did 1 segment of 10MS ball workout then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kelly Coffee Meyer 30MF Plateau Buster DVD

Allie – so glad no one was hurt, but it’s still a pain in the ……..

M – yes, I must have the Snip and Sketch since that’s what I see (the stuff about it moving) What I was wondering is if I could copy JUST ONE of the foods in what is a meal (like just the veggies). I would like to be able to copy it from the diary (I think there’s a tab called “meals” or something like that). I’ve bookmarked the page about the Snipping tool since I don’t have time right now to really go thru it but I’d like to. OK, I had a little time. Now I can’t seem to outline what I want to snip 

We just set up my new phone. I should be getting the case for it tomorrow.

Kathleen – just sign your posts with your name, that’ll be fine

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army, got a pair of pants for me (wow, they almost never have my size) and two serving platters, then bought bread for Vince, then to Aldi, now home. Bowling this afternoon, ceramics and then mahjongg tonight.

About anniversaries: Denise was saying about how Pete had these savings bonds and he cashed them in. She said that they didn’t get any for their wedding. We got quite a few. It dawns on me now that years ago it was the norm to be married for a long time. Not so today. That might be why she didn’t get any savings bonds

Ginger – if I could afford it, I would give a car to someone in need. It just feels good

KJ – instead of the peanut butter, I did put food coloring in it. I can’t stand the smell of peanut butter. I do love peanuts, but in cakes/cookies/brownies/etc. I really think it’s more of a texture thing than anything else

The cover for my phone came. Looks nice

Sorry if I'm repeating anything.

Michele in NC
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Katla I'm working on increasing exercise but, like you, I use bright lighting, D3 and dark green veggies to ward off the winder blues. It's worked very well for me for many years, although I'd give up the regime for a couple of weeks if I was offered a ticket to Tahiti :wink:

Rather than provide specific recommendations, the data referenced which chemical substances were found to be related to different mental conditions. Here's a link that should open directly to that data within the former link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908269/table/T1/?report=objectonly
    <3

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Shelly--I live in Nebraska also. Grand Island. Where abouts do you live? Welcome to a great group for freindship and support.
    Lenora--glad to see you posting. Sure have missed you. Sounds like you are doing better everyday.
    KJ--I know just what you mean, somedays you just have to do it yourself and let it all out. I always feel better when it is done.
    RV Rita--I understand as I am fighting it also. Doctor upped my meds but I can not see it helping. Eating is good during the day at work, but at night look out! Important that we don't give up.
    Beth--Beautiful wood pieces he makes. I love the bench.
    It has been a strange day at work and just want to go home, have a terrible headache.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Had our last night 's formal. Tomorrow night is packing night and wearing travelling clothes. So sad to be leaving. :'( We tried to book another cruise today for next spring, but the computer had lost its attachment to the the main data base, so the lady couldn't do anything.
    Weather a bit windy and I can feel the swell. I've taken a pill. Line dancing may be out tomorrow if we are tossing too much.

Love Heather UK, in the North Sea, on the way to Dover. Xxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good day today - foodwise, so far anyway... workwise, I got a three-hour web course done in an hour and 55 minutes, so I'm now certified to "protect human research participants," and can file my grant paperwork with the university's institutional review board... as soon as I get a few other things sorted. :)

Plus, got a call from a high-tech company foundation that has a facility in Arkansas to ask about what they can fund regarding STEM. :) Boy, do I have a deal for them!

Like being busy... makes the days fly.

Edit to add - and my favorite niece will come in on Friday. We're trading off, I'm helping her create a business plan, and she's helping me clean house for the kids arrival Sunday/Monday. :) Life is good!

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Worked today with no after effects
    And this afternoon took pictures for virtual adjuster.. they will let me know.. think I will stop by and get a non insurance quote first as I can always call and have them send the check to me rather than auto body shop..
    Nice to be home and relaxing with Alfie..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Machka – a non-smoker having smoker dreams! Take my advice- keep it in dreamland!

Allie- glad no problems from car accident.

Barbara – I may consider Nicorette, but I think I will skip 8 day hospital stay!

Regarding depression (seasonal or otherwise), I have been very fortunate in my life and just had relatively normal periods of being down. My husband suffered from depression a good deal in later years. I could see him going into that dark space and it was frustrating not being able to fix it. I have several friends who have dealt with depression. I admire those who have found healthy ways to cope and have empathy for those who struggle.

Nearly finished work project that has been driving me crazy. Need to get my weights/stretches in tonight-I have been avoiding them. While steps remain good I do want to continue working on toning, etc. Eating at maintenances seems to be going well. No major change upwards. It is strange not to see the steady drop in weight, but I am logging food and maintaining small deficit. Figure if an uptick seems to be happening, I know what to do. Clothes are continuing to feel better.

Enjoy the rest of your evening,

Ginny in Ohio
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yum! That recipe looks good! Thank Kim from N. California!
    💖Rebecca