janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    KJ, beautiful baby and family. Such a blessing. <3

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Kelly - thank you for the pictures and update. B)

<3 Happy Birthday Miguel!!! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • juliedee20
    juliedee20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this page and just looking for friends that are on a similar journey, namely, trying to stay healthy and fit in your 50's, and beyond! I never had a weight problem until I got into my 50's and it was super hard to lose the weight. I'm fighting the fight (the weight gain, the muscle loss, the depression, etc.) that comes with this age and I am starting to see good results, though it's hard to fight this battle alone. Looking for others who would like to be MFP friends so we can spur each other on with encouragement and ideas of what is working for you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Nnnn
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Treadmill jog- 98.24min, 5.8-6.4speed, 135ahr, 146mhr, 9.50min mi, 10mi= 1051c
    Apple Watch- 1154c

Totall 1051c

Funny how you get two different readings on hrm, 103 calorie diff.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    Matchka thanks for combining all our answers to the hobbies challenge! Interesting variety but a lot of commonality too!

My BP is all over the place! One more day than I’m going back to my original Med combination. Can’t deal with the side effects! Scared I’ll have a heart attack or end up in ER!

Going to order EltonJohn’s book for my kindle. Love his music. Watched the movie about him recently and was very impressed by the actor that played him. Did you know the actor, Bisby I think is his last name, sang the songs in the movie himself? He did an awesome job!

RV Rita enjoying the morning 60’s then afternoon 90’s here at Bottomless Lakes!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    KJ: WOW! What a pair. I almost missed Joaquin! 😂
    @juliedee20 Welcome to the group. We’re all fighting to stay fit/healthy. You’ll get lots of advice and support here.
    This morning I'm Prepping for a workshop on Silhouettes with my Monday Painters group this afternoon.
    Couldn’t find my previous Silhouette examples, nevertheless , the workshop was a success, and some lovely work was produced. I will post photos tomorrow.

DH just brought me coffee so I will go and watch Pointless with my feet up before dinner.

☘️ Terri
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    KJ What beautiful pictures! So wonderful you are there with your daughter and family. Congratulations.

Betsy in NW WA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    kelly congrats, Joaquin looks like he wants to make sure mom is nearby for sure! All the best to you and your new grandson!

NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    juliedee20 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm new to this page and just looking for friends that are on a similar journey, namely, trying to stay healthy and fit in your 50's, and beyond! I never had a weight problem until I got into my 50's and it was super hard to lose the weight. I'm fighting the fight (the weight gain, the muscle loss, the depression, etc.) that comes with this age and I am starting to see good results, though it's hard to fight this battle alone. Looking for others who would like to be MFP friends so we can spur each other on with encouragement and ideas of what is working for you.

:)Welcome, Most of us find support and encouragement by being part of this thread. I hope you'll come back and share your journey with us and join in the conversations that are going on. I have been part of this thread for a few years and have learned so much from these women as I've lost weight, kept it off, and trudged through many of life's challenges.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Oh Kelly!! ... Congratulations ... such a precious photo! I get all weepy looking at new life, new promise ... sigh

I have no hobbies ... I have no dreams ... no life really ... :D! Seriously though, no hobbies and I can't see exercise as anything but drudgery ... I've tried to "flip the script." Can't.

Hello NY Karen! ... their refrigerators are always empty ...

Beth near Buffalo

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth call me a sucker cause I took her to the store and loaded her up (and filled her car with gas :# ). We also had great bbq for dinner and a fun diner breakfast—my favorite thing when travelling. She is appreciative and working on finding paid internships so a little support won’t spoil her (hopefully).

Looking forward to being home <3

Michelle happy travels to AZ and the warmth B)

NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Oooo
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    beth call me a sucker cause I took her to the store and loaded her up (and filled her car with gas :# ). We also had great bbq for dinner and a fun diner breakfast—my favorite thing when travelling. She is appreciative and working on finding paid internships so a little support won’t spoil her (hopefully).

NYKAREN

Then I'm a sucker too. I traveled 700 miles at the beginning of September to cook and fill my son's freezer and refrigerator. Not much we won't do for our babies!!

Beth

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Barbie--Your bathroom remodel looks great. I would like to redo ours and take out the tube and put in a big walkin shower.

KarenVA--Thanks for the update and pictures of Josephine. Keeping everyone in prayer.

Rebecca--It's good for bonding.

Allie--So sorry for your loss. No matter that you know it is coming it is still a shock and painful. Sending hugs and prayers.

KJ--Congrates on your beautiful new grandson. What does big brother think?

I agree, when our son lived out of town and was single I would stock up everytime we went to visit and fill his kitchen with food. Part of being a mom.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE Where we got NO snow and having beautiful Fall temps.<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,119 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Kelly, so happy to hear Miguel Emiliano arrived at last! What beautiful, serene faces he, Joaquin and your daughter have.
    Welcome juliedee20

Scale hasn't moved, but I can see I've lost some weight … in my face. The wrinkles are really standing out in high relief with less fat underneath to plump them out. Fooey!

T'ai Chi/line dancing friend coming over soon to practice some dances I struggle with, then to relax in the hot tub with sparkling wine, cheese, veggies. Have some TJ's mandarin cranberry sparkling water I'll try diluting the sparkling wine so I consume less alcohol. Then we're off to see Downton Abbey with friends.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=2172 :( vits=12 log=12 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=6 Tumble=6 mfp=12 AF=10

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    had something all written and poof, will catch up in the am. let me just say today was a day..