Less Alcohol - OCTOBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy I am more than confident you are in a better place with alcohol than you were before you started being super accountable in here. Sooooooo your letting your hair down a bit, you are still getting in here with good intentions. 😉
  • MissMay
    @fitand50inSD you are doing so well with your goal to be AF all month. Congrats on 12 of them.
  • MissMay
    @TheSunAndTheRainfall it is funny how those bottles seem to echo our names to come play with them. You are having an awesome streak, but if you choose to have some, at least you were "thinking" and making a decision. Which is different from habit drinking. Nice job.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Girls’ night was so much fun last night. I ended up having 2.5 drinks and drank a lot of water before and after.

Feeling good today except for the bad sleep. Didn’t fall asleep until after midnight. My 4 year old wakes up at 6:30 so no chance to sleep in today.

I woke up feeling anxious this morning but it went away pretty quickly. Nothing like the raging anxiety I’ve had before when I drink way too much and worry about all of the things I said or did.

Hope you’re all having a great weekend!

10/13 days AF

• fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @fitand50inSD you are doing so well with your goal to be AF all month. Congrats on 12 of them.

Thank you, Miss May! I appreciate your support (as well as the rest of the Less Alcohol crew).

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,551 Member
    October 07 - AF
    October 08 - 3 drinks - Tuesday. Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, already thinking about drinks or drink alternatives for the party day.
    October 09 - 3 drinks. Obviously off-track. Normally I have pretty good discipline, didn't plan on having drinks today. Another 1,000+ calories leftover today, lots of skating : - )
    October 10 - 3 drinks. Barely got in the door from another %$#&*@ stressful day and had a drink in my hand before even inputting my data and completing my paperwork. Obviously not getting back on track yet at this point. So different having drinks on vacation and having drinks to ease the stress. Relaxed now. This was not a planned drinks day. Kind of falling behind this month, but determined to keep on posting. I know it is better if I have AF days, I will have to get my mojo back. Kind of surprised at how easily I fell back into the habit. I am sure that there are better ways to relieve stress, like quit some of my jobs, but the quick fix was...a quick fix.
    October 11 - Another not AF day. I got into pumpkin spice Bailey's type stuff, sipped a 1/4 shot at a time slowly, haven't had that stuff since last thanksgiving weekend. I had quite a few 1/4 shots, maybe 8 over the space of hours. I will have AF days again, guess that I am just not in the right headspace yet. I will be.
    October 12 - 2 drinks. Still checking in although I haven't been very AF yet this month. Maybe after Thanksgiving I will get more motivated. Kind of being a bit indulgent with myself.
    October 13 - 3 glasses of wine from 4pm until now, drinking a wine glass full of water in between. Tryptophan is really kicking in now, had the whole deal: turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, carrots, cranberry etc. Fabulous Thanksgiving dinner with wonderful friends. Now to AF tomorrow! It has been awhile since I have had an AF day, but I am ready now I think. I haven't been overdoing it at all, but I am wondering if it is going to be hard to be AF tomorrow because I have been having a few drinks every day. We shall see.

Running monthly total: 3AF days out of 13 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    October 07 - AF
    October 08 - 3 drinks - Tuesday. Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, already thinking about drinks or drink alternatives for the party day.
    October 09 - 3 drinks. Obviously off-track. Normally I have pretty good discipline, didn't plan on having drinks today. Another 1,000+ calories leftover today, lots of skating : - )
    October 10 - 3 drinks. Barely got in the door from another %$#&*@ stressful day and had a drink in my hand before even inputting my data and completing my paperwork. Obviously not getting back on track yet at this point. So different having drinks on vacation and having drinks to ease the stress. Relaxed now. This was not a planned drinks day. Kind of falling behind this month, but determined to keep on posting. I know it is better if I have AF days, I will have to get my mojo back. Kind of surprised at how easily I fell back into the habit. I am sure that there are better ways to relieve stress, like quit some of my jobs, but the quick fix was...a quick fix.
    October 11 - Another not AF day. I got into pumpkin spice Bailey's type stuff, sipped a 1/4 shot at a time slowly, haven't had that stuff since last thanksgiving weekend. I had quite a few 1/4 shots, maybe 8 over the space of hours. I will have AF days again, guess that I am just not in the right headspace yet. I will be.
    October 12 - 2 drinks. Still checking in although I haven't been very AF yet this month. Maybe after Thanksgiving I will get more motivated. Kind of being a bit indulgent with myself.
    October 13 - 3 glasses of wine from 4pm until now, drinking a wine glass full of water in between. Tryptophan is really kicking in now, had the whole deal: turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, carrots, cranberry etc. Fabulous Thanksgiving dinner with wonderful friends. Now to AF tomorrow! It has been awhile since I have had an AF day, but I am ready now I think. I haven't been overdoing it at all, but I am wondering if it is going to be hard to be AF tomorrow because I have been having a few drinks every day. We shall see.
    October 14 - AF - wasn't hard

Running monthly total: 4AF days out of 14 days so far.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hi all! Been away from MFP for over a week. Congratulations on all these AF says I’m seeing, and cutting down when you dondrink. For those that slipped up, get right back on that horse!

I didn’t plan on a Sober October (hubby is still going strong). However, I only have 5 AF days this month! Usually I’m closer to 9 by the middle of the month. So, need to up my game. Good news is that it’s been just one each night- but it’s so easy to turn back into a daily drinker! Holy cow!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Womona wrote: »
    Hi all! Been away from MFP for over a week. Congratulations on all these AF says I’m seeing, and cutting down when you dondrink. For those that slipped up, get right back on that horse!

I didn’t plan on a Sober October (hubby is still going strong). However, I only have 5 AF days this month! Usually I’m closer to 9 by the middle of the month. So, need to up my game. Good news is that it’s been just one each night- but it’s so easy to turn back into a daily drinker! Holy cow!

Yes GF, way too easy to turn back into a daily drinker! I was there recently.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited October 2019
    October 07 - AF
    October 14 - AF - wasn't hard
    October 15 - Tuesday. 3 drinks. Although I have designated Tuesday as my drinks day, I haven't really been having drinks on Tuesdays much over the 11 months since I joined this challenge. I work usually a stressful 12-14 hours on Tuesdays, and kind of just want to relax and numb. Alcohol probably isn't the best way, but it is quick and effective. Considering my last few weeks of holidays, and a stressful return to work, drinking daily during both, I was planning on being AF today, but didn't get there. A work in progress. Part of the reason that I needed a holiday so badly was because of these Tuesdays. Going to rethink and possibly look for some other work.

Running monthly total: 4AF days out of 15 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    On the plus side, I did leave my stressful day today for an hour skate at 10am. burned 1357 in calories overall today between an early morning workout (4am), ice skating, running around like crazy doing jobs and tracking it on my pedometer. Had 400 calories of alcohol, but still have very many calories left over for the day which I won't be consuming.