JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 , I was thinking the same as Bex, if you're going to look for another job in your current field could you start looking while still working? A lot of people believe it's easier to get another job whilst in a job, it's certainly been true for me and my family. And try and arrange a couple of weeks holiday in between! I hope you can relax on your holiday and that you get sorted soon.

JFT Tuesday 15th October

Do back exercises completely forgot, not good enough!
    Do not buy chocolate none bought, and none left in the house
    No snacking one small biscuit
    More laundry some done, run out of space to hang it all
    Hospital visits yes
    Pets yes

JFT Wednesday 16th October

BACK EXERCISES!
    Do not buy chocolate
    No snacking
    Laundry/ironing
    catch up on paperwork
    Hospital visits
    Pets
    Stay awake, I'm sooooo tired today!

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 16/10 179 -2lbs

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Gym 👍
    3. drink 150oz water👍
    4. Eat lectin free👍
    5. Meditate 👍
    6. Journal👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home
    3. Eat lectin free
    4. Journal
    5. Meditate
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Eugh I'm so annoyed, I got a blood test form aaaages ago for my thyroid, and so today I got the girls read in the double pram and set off.
    The whole trip took 2.5 hours, 2 hours walking, half an hour wait for blood test.
    Only to find out when I sat in the chair that it was for a full blood count, not thyroid. I had it done anyway because it will rule out anaemia but ffs. So I detoured on the way home and went gp and got the right form! But now that means I'll have to do that trip again.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! So far I've been doing well at leaving work on time whether I'm finished or not. I have not done any of the invoices for the shipments that need to go out today but it is what it is, I will work on them this morning and things will just get done at the speed I can do them, I am NOT a magician and I am only one person!

@chemjenny so sorry about your dad, wishing you all the best 💖💖

@bookmeister86 I agree with what was previously mentioned that it's definitely easier to get a job while you still currently have a job, but yes if you can do it I would definitely take a couple weeks off in between to give yourself a mental reset.

Yesterday 10/15:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Stop and THINK before reaching for all the snacks😔
    3. Finish work by 5:20😁
    4. Cook dinner😁
    5. Do dishes😁
    6. Wash clothes😁

JFT 10/15:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Stop and THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    3. Finish work by 5:20
    4. Buy rubber mats for the sandpit the dogs created in the yard
    5. Do dishes
    6. Hang curtains
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    Options
    Busy day yesterday, so s didn’t update goals last night.L The, Slept late this morning. 😂

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    14/10: CW: 154.6 - 1.4 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

JFT: Tue 15 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise🌟
    • am: Patchwork Group 🌟
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟
    • 15 mins declutter🌟bathroom

JFT: Wed 16 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: Gricery shopping
    • 3pm: flu jab
    • Stay up to date with chores
    • 7000+ steps
    • 15 mins declutter
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2019
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So today I worked so hard outside all day, and I was so hungry right before dinner. I knew that was a entire box of peppridge farms chocolate chip cookies in the pantry. ... and I almost grabbed one. But I stopped myself, peeled a orange, and was so proud of my NSV. Then I ate a very healthy dinner ... huge salad with hard boiled eggs, lots of veggies, and a greek yogurt.

what happened. Well, after dinner, I decided I would eat "just one" of those cookies. I ended up eating the entire bag ... yes. ... 8 cookies. I am so upset and mad at myself. I have lost 25 pounds since april. I am only 4 pounds from being out of the "overweight" section, and being in the healthy, normal range. And I just can't seem to get there. I go up and down with my weight ... I just want to get to that number. And then I do something like I did tonite. For no reason... other than it just sounded good.

How is it that in just a mere seconds, I can scarf down that many cookies. Now, I am sick (literally).

But I have to put this aside, and start again tomorrow, and remember how far I have come ... not what I still need to lose. But sometimes, that is hard to do.

SO JFT, Tomorrow, Tues
    1. Log ALL food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. think before I eat
    5. drink water in the evenings .. which is my worse time.

You're doing really well! We all slip and eat the cookies sometimes, but you're nearly there.

You're only 4 pounds away - that's fantastic. You WILL get there. The key thing is to be patient and not worry about losing those last 4 pounds too quickly. Focus on keeping the other 25 off, having good habits - wherever you can, we can't be perfect all the time - and they WILL come off!

I listened to this Half Size Me podcast the other day where a lady was aiming to lose 10 pounds in 10 years. It sounds like ages, but you know what? If she does it, at the end of it she'll be 10 pounds lighter - a great place to be. As opposed to trying to lose 10 pounds in 10 days (I'm exaggerating), getting disillusioned, eating your feeling, and ending up 10 pounds heavier.

Now I'm not advocating taking THAT long to lose 10 pounds, but I do think there is something to be said for taking those last few pounds slowly and focusing as much as you can on the habits rather than on the scale. I know that's hard to do, but just think about how far you've come. You've done so well! I bet the Joan at starting weight would be absolutely thrilled with where you are now - and not that bothered about 4lb!

I wholeheartedly agree with what the others said! You have made great progress and should congratulate yourself on how far you have come.

I used to feel that frustration myself. Then I read somewhere about reframing your thoughts. This year I changed my weight goal to ‘weigh less at the end of the month than I did at the beginning’ and concentrated on maintaining good habits. Don’t be too hard on yourself! We all have those over-indulgence days, but beating yourself up over them doesn’t help. Own it, put it behind you, move on, and concentrate on redressing any damage pronto. JMHO

Confession: Yesterday I was so busy prepping for patchwork that I didn’t have breakfast, so by dinnertime I had spare calories. I decided I would have a couple of custard creams for supper, which turned into several couples. Then I had some crackers, and a bit of cheese. When I got on the scale this morning I was up 4 lbs!!!! Now, there is no way that I ate 14,000 extra calorie!!! So logic suggests water retention from the salty crackers and cheese. Let’s see what tomorrow brings.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 15 October

I struggled yesterday, bad habits seem to establish themselves much more easily than good ones! At least the scale didn't go up any further. Shopping today and I will stock up on fruit and veg, my visitors much preferred cake and creamy dessert ......

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend >:) need to stay in the green!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 16 October

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to happy scale trend ;) I didn't gain yesterday!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I lost two pounds yesterday. It's "amazing" how I lose weight when I am mindful, purposeful, determined, and use the tools available to me, lol!!!

I have recorded today's food.
    I have completed my Bible study for the day.
    I have written in my journal.
    I will be grateful throughout the day.
    I am going to stretch today.
    I will drink 6 cups of water/herbal tea

Let's all do a Heave-Ho and finish the year well! My goal weightwise is to be rid of the 7lbs I've gained this year.
    My word for the year is Determined. I am going to embrace it!

Peace and joy!
    mcnvcg1bwk1r.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review current unit plan.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print new unit plan; ditch old version.
    3. Class 1: Research. Return student work.
    4. Class 2-3: Presentations. Choose senators. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: Grade narratives. Parent calls. Parent meeting. Email AP about professional activity.
    6. Run after school to 10k. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Pizza. Put jewelry and makeup away. Put laundry away.
    8. Read 20 pages of Just Mercy. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 4:30.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM run: 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review current unit plan.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Check for Day 1 instructions. Put research notes on Classroom.
    3. Class 1: Day 1. All items checked = 100. Not done = INC. Done late = INC -> Collected. PRs go home tomorrow; must return signed; show to teacher, keep in Handouts folder.
    4. Class 2-3: Create WC file with Handout 1. Add handouts 2, 4, 5. Check against sample. Day 1. All items checked = 100. Not done = INC. Done late = INC -> Collected. PRs go home tomorrow; must return signed; show to teacher, keep in Handouts folder. Update class websites.
    5. Planning: Grade narratives. Parent calls.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Pizza. Put jewelry and makeup away. Put laundry away.
    8. Read 20 pages of Just Mercy. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 195

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I had a parent conference today and it went well. Overall, I'm pretty happy. I still have a crapton of grading to do, though. Yikes! Oh, and I'm super glad I printed my unit plan because I got observed. WHEW!
  • CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday 17/10/19
    Print wall pics
    Big walk
    Watch software video
    Sketch something
    Visualisation exercise future goals
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    JFT...
    Up at 5 and read 1 chapter
    Bathroom routine
    Answered online messages
    Rainy day this morning and walked to the bus stop. Bus ran late this morning, came at 8:25.
    Glass of milk and PB & J sandwich.
    More reading, Facebook posting was brief, chatted with my oldest daughter a bit. Checked jobs emails, then took a nap. The medicine causes me to have to. Washed Dishes and now doing some paperwork.
    Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.
    Good night and sweet dreams everyone.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

Just for Sunday
    Eat only between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. :smile:
    Eat no sugar, no flour foods :innocent: : I decided that Sunday would be my "joy meal" day. I get to pick one day of the week where I can eat two meals of any food I want, so I had chili with noodles and pumpkin praline ice cream for dessert.
    Journal everything I eat :smile:
    Drink 80 oz of water :#Really struggle with this one!
    30 minutes of activity :smile: 2 hours of walking through Lambeau field, up and down stairs too.
    30 minutes of self-care :smile:
    Podcasts :smile:
    If you meet someone famous from the ESPN Monday Night Football crew or one of the Packers, DO NOT FAWN like a teenage girl meeting one of the Jonas brothers! :smile: Said hi to a few Packer players who were in the locker room and gym areas, but didn't fan girl. LOL
    Evening routine - brush/floss, wash face & moisturize, gratitude journal, spiritual readings, Calm app and lights out by 10:30 :)

It's been a really busy week, and I haven't hopped on until now. I don't have time right now to catch up, but hope to tomorrow. I have a 6:30 a.m. meeting tomorrow so have to get up earlier than normal. Early to bed for me.

I didn't post goals for Monday, Tuesday or today (Wednesday), but they would have been the same as above and probably the same outcomes.

I'll try to hop on tomorrow morning with some goals. Hope all is well!

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 186 -2.6
    GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

WOY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

• chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    chemjenny wrote: »

JFT 10/16 small goals
    Track :/ tracked, but gave up when calories out of control
    Enjoy my son’s award ceremony :)
    Visit dad :)
    Drink water :/ not enough today
    Do my best to eat healthy :'( failed miserably, darn cookies.
    Thanks @aubyshortcake.

Small goals weren’t small enough. Mentally a little better today. Dad seems better, but still not eating much. I was frustrated I lost all the changes in my presentation I know I saved on Friday. Cat had emergency trip to vet due to sickness. So...Uncontrolled eating today. Need to start afresh tomorrow.

JFT 10/17
    Track
    Walk and hit move goal
    Buy oven mitt
  • CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday 17/10/19
    Print wall pics 👎
    Send email to A postpone to Monday 21/10
    Big walk 🏋🏼‍♀️
    Watch software video❌
    Sketch something ❌
    Visualisation exercise future goals 🏊🏻‍♀️

Mhhh... I am making my goals much too daunting and I am not specific. I shall work on that from now on.

Good luck to everyone and hope you are doing well
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Workout at home 👍
    3. Eat lectin free👍
    4. Journal 👍
    5. Meditate 👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Eat lectin free
    5. Meditate
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning, must be quick today.

Update on 5 lbs challenge:

SW: 116.0
    CW: 113.6
    -2.4 lbs

I can guarantee that is 100% water weight because I've been eating over maintenance every single day 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Yesterday 10/16:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Stop and THINK before reaching for all the snacks😔
    3. Finish work by 5:20😁
    4. Buy rubber mats for the sandpit the dogs created in the yard😁
    5. Do dishes😔
    6. Hang curtains😔

JFT 10/17:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Stop and THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    3. Finish work by 5:20
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Do dishes
    6. Hang curtains
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The weight loss has slowed and is more erratic now that I am near my UWG. However, I am determined to keep at it.

The only failure is giving up!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    17/10: CW: 154.6 - 1.4 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 Phew! Temporary spike yesterday has disappeared!

JFT: Wed 16 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise🌟
    • am: Gricery shopping 🌟
    • 3pm: flu jab 🌟
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟
    • 15 mins declutter🌟 Hall closet

JFT: Thu 17 Oct