Online dating

Replies

• wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    km8907 wrote: »
    Note on Bumble, my experience and theory that I confirmed with a guy I matched with, all of the guys will swipe on every girl since statistically very few women will swipe on a guy, so if they swipe everyone they'll get a match eventually. So you the girl get a match and message the guy, but he never had any intention of talking to you so your message gets ignored. It was frustrating.

This sounds like an absolutely terrible strategy. If I had no intention of talking to someone, I would never think to swipe on them.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Note on Bumble, my experience and theory that I confirmed with a guy I matched with, all of the guys will swipe on every girl since statistically very few women will swipe on a guy, so if they swipe everyone they'll get a match eventually. So you the girl get a match and message the guy, but he never had any intention of talking to you so your message gets ignored. It was frustrating.

I think sometimes by the time you actually match sometimes they've already started chatting with someone...I've done this before
  • wmd1979

I think sometimes by the time you actually match sometimes they've already started chatting with someone...I've done this before

I don't see why that should prevent a reply though. If I was talking to someone that I considered to be serious enough to not talk to someone else, I don't think I would still stay active on the app. If I recall, isn't there a time limit in which the woman can reply after a match, like 24 hours or something?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    wmd1979 wrote: »

I don't see why that should prevent a reply though. If I was talking to someone that I considered to be serious enough to not talk to someone else, I don't think I would still stay active on the app. If I recall, isn't there a time limit in which the woman can reply after a match, like 24 hours or something?

there is, but if someone is new, it may take them a week or so after you swiped right for her to swipe right on you
  • wmd1979
    erickirb wrote: »

there is, but if someone is new, it may take them a week or so after you swiped right for her to swipe right on you

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Clearly I am not as familiar with it as most.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I get a lot of men who match with me but don’t say anything or give one word answers and take forever to respond. I actually think a lot of these men on apps are not really single.

I have met a few cool people though.
  • kerrysjunk
    kerrysjunk Posts: 7 Member
    One bloke on my Management Committee has been taken for over $40,000 by two ladies in the last three years. They start slow - then ramp it up. You would think he could learn a lesson - right..??
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member

Yes. But talking to 4 or 5 people gets to be too much. So I may have it narrowed down to 1 or 2 to see how it pans out. Doesnt mean we are serious.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I've honestly tried for 2 years straight. They didn't work for me, sadly enough. Every once in a while, I'll fire up ok cupid. But mostly...eh. On the guys side, its the lack of feedback that turned me off it. I was putting in time, and effort, and getting 0 returns for that effort.

I understand, on the woman's side, you can be overwhelmed by the amount of messages you get a day. I haven't experienced that, but I could see how that would be a turn off as well.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    kerrysjunk wrote: »
    One bloke on my Management Committee has been taken for over $40,000 by two ladies in the last three years. They start slow - then ramp it up. You would think he could learn a lesson - right..??

What's his contact info?
    giphy.gif
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    kerrysjunk wrote: »

Can I get his #

😳

Na uh... me first.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Elsewhere I came across an infographic someone made or the Tinder app itself made. He swiped right on 12,000 women, spoke on the phone with one woman, and went on zero dates. There were some bots that he managed to find, about 100 I think.

Guys, don't swipe right on every women. Tinder will think that you are a bot. Also Tinder has changed their algorithm recently, moving your location can help, so load up Tinder when you are shopping etc, or use an app which alters your GPS location.
  • daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Have you ever been curious about using them? Do they work? Your thoughts.

Where do you want to go out? I will take you on a date.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I get a lot of men who match with me but don’t say anything or give one word answers and take forever to respond. I actually think a lot of these men on apps are not really single.

A friend of mine does the same. He is married but he is on every dating app. He said he won't get divorce until he finds the next right fit 🥺
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »

A friend of mine does the same. He is married but he is on every dating app. He said he won't get divorce until he finds the next right fit 🥺

Horrible
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Is this like carbon dating
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Wait, you mean MFP isn't a dating site?
    Met my husband here 🤷🏼‍♀️

joeynox wrote: »
    There's a billion apps out there but big ones like eEharmony and match are usually the best for finding a relationship while tinder, MeetMe, and the host of others seem best for hooking up.

Be selective, don't rush into anything, if u get messages at first because it's usually either a bot (fake) or a dude wanting nudes.

I don't think girls gets bots

I only ever ran across one fake guy and I recognized it right away. He was using a model's pics and trying to get me to download an app. Nope! There was a guy on MFP running that scheme years ago too. In general I haven't run across the same problems that guys do on these apps.
    From what I hear men run into a lot of "professionals" and married women on some of the apps like POF. Bumble has less fakes it seems. I have also heard that Facebook is a good source to find real people. Keep in mind a real person isn't always real. Dating is a cluster *kitten* because a huge portion of people like to hide their flaws for a long time in the beginning. Be you. If you're not meant to be then there is no point in wasting your time.

Facebook??? I didnt know that! I'm not on FBI much but maaayyybbee...

Supposedly FB has a dating part now. One person told me it is better because you know all the people are actual people, but I wonder if that gives a false sense of security to some.
    Not always! Ever watch the show Catfish?