Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

In your 60’s

11819202224

Replies

  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,765Member Member Posts: 1,765Member Member
    Have not been very active here lately. Chasing that pup around is keeping me busy. And a little tired. HAHA! :D

    Keep it moving, my friends!

    4udje0nepaim.jpg

  • EvamuttEvamutt Posts: 1,616Member Member Posts: 1,616Member Member
    what an adorable pup!! I actually know a dog named Penny Lane lol. Today I started getting sick. How do I know besides having a stuffy nose? because my whole life I got a large appetite with cravings right before I get sick that are too hard to battle, ugh. So my hubby's getting lucky in some good cooking today. My tastes have changed though, I crave red lentil stew with sausage in it & chicken soup, which I make regularly during the cooler months anyway, instead of things I used to crave that are thousands of calories lol. I do also want Lay's chips & a couple Klondike bars. I may try to make a dessert I haven't made before, not for myself, I just like to bake & cook
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 430Member Member Posts: 430Member Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    what an adorable pup!! I actually know a dog named Penny Lane lol. Today I started getting sick. How do I know besides having a stuffy nose? because my whole life I got a large appetite with cravings right before I get sick that are too hard to battle, ugh. So my hubby's getting lucky in some good cooking today. My tastes have changed though, I crave red lentil stew with sausage in it & chicken soup, which I make regularly during the cooler months anyway, instead of things I used to crave that are thousands of calories lol. I do also want Lay's chips & a couple Klondike bars. I may try to make a dessert I haven't made before, not for myself, I just like to bake & cook

    Hope you feel better soon.
  • EvamuttEvamutt Posts: 1,616Member Member Posts: 1,616Member Member
    thank you, I'm ok today, didn't progress to getting sick. This often happens to me where it fizzles out, just feeling a bit tired but ok. I did go over with some chips & ice cream but I'm back at it today. went to dog park this morning & will go again this evening & may walk my seniors a little in between. Besides that I'm going to mow the back yard & do some housework today. Hope ya'll have a great weekend
  • fitlulu4150fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,116Member Member Posts: 1,116Member Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    thank you, I'm ok today, didn't progress to getting sick. This often happens to me where it fizzles out, just feeling a bit tired but ok. I did go over with some chips & ice cream but I'm back at it today. went to dog park this morning & will go again this evening & may walk my seniors a little in between. Besides that I'm going to mow the back yard & do some housework today. Hope ya'll have a great weekend

    Hey, glad you're feeling better and the illness was kept at bay! I do that sometimes too (avert disaster) and honestly I attribute it to the odorless garlic I take...........probably a placebo but whatever.............LOL
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 430Member Member Posts: 430Member Member
    This year I have made some good changes in my life, joining these forums, getting fitter, losing weight but now I need to tackle worrying as I seem to be getting worse, I seem to worry about everything ..

    My son both in their 30s but always borrowing money
    My grandson his behaviour (ADHD)
    My mum
    My husbands health
    Money (bills)
    Pets
    General health
    The list goes on and sometimes I think I worry about worrying I really need to get a grip on this.
  • swim777swim777 Posts: 556Member Member Posts: 556Member Member
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend! The weather has been wonderful this past week in nc. Great for walks. Today we had the “Mumfest” downtown so lots to see and very pleasant to be out and around. I’ve been faithful with getting my miles in, hoping to get one in later this evening. Nice fall weather is really motivating! Another thing that seems to be helping is intermittent fasting. Just eating my three meals in that window of time has made me feel less inclined to snack after dinner. Social gatherings are still difficult because I’m so into my routine! Hopefully, I’ll figure that out, eventually! Have a great day, everyone!
  • EvamuttEvamutt Posts: 1,616Member Member Posts: 1,616Member Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    This year I have made some good changes in my life, joining these forums, getting fitter, losing weight but now I need to tackle worrying as I seem to be getting worse, I seem to worry about everything ..

    My son both in their 30s but always borrowing money
    My grandson his behaviour (ADHD)
    My mum
    My husbands health
    Money (bills)
    Pets
    General health
    The list goes on and sometimes I think I worry about worrying I really need to get a grip on this.

    I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I too have been worried over an extended period of time due to my daughters situation. It's been effecting me physically. I'll be praying for you to find a way to deal with this & so find peace
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 430Member Member Posts: 430Member Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    annliz23 wrote: »
    This year I have made some good changes in my life, joining these forums, getting fitter, losing weight but now I need to tackle worrying as I seem to be getting worse, I seem to worry about everything ..

    My son both in their 30s but always borrowing money
    My grandson his behaviour (ADHD)
    My mum
    My husbands health
    Money (bills)
    Pets
    General health
    The list goes on and sometimes I think I worry about worrying I really need to get a grip on this.

    I'm sorry, I know it's hard. I too have been worried over an extended period of time due to my daughters situation. It's been effecting me physically. I'll be praying for you to find a way to deal with this & so find peace

    Thanks for your thoughts!
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,765Member Member Posts: 1,765Member Member
    And so another week begins. I'm ready. I think. Haha! Have an awesome week, my friends!
  • 13ilgal41313ilgal413 Posts: 10Member Member Posts: 10Member Member
    Woot! Happy Wednesday to all. Today, I tried on all the jeans in my closet and they FIT! First time in a long time. I have switched up my lunch menu to mostly raw veggies dipped into delicious Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt w/cucumber & dill, and some kind of fruit (grapes today!), and that has pushed the scale down again after being stuck for two annoying weeks. Currently snacking on chocolate Oikos Triple Zero yogurt. Not as good as a Ghirardelli Chocolate square, but satisfying my chocolate craving and giving me a protein boost. It's hump day - downhill to the weekend. Hope it's grand for everyone!
  • annliz23annliz23 Posts: 430Member Member Posts: 430Member Member
    13ilgal413 wrote: »
    Woot! Happy Wednesday to all. Today, I tried on all the jeans in my closet and they FIT! First time in a long time. I have switched up my lunch menu to mostly raw veggies dipped into delicious Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt w/cucumber & dill, and some kind of fruit (grapes today!), and that has pushed the scale down again after being stuck for two annoying weeks. Currently snacking on chocolate Oikos Triple Zero yogurt. Not as good as a Ghirardelli Chocolate square, but satisfying my chocolate craving and giving me a protein boost. It's hump day - downhill to the weekend. Hope it's grand for everyone!

    Well done
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Posts: 1,765Member Member Posts: 1,765Member Member
    13ilgal413 wrote: »
    Currently snacking on chocolate Oikos Triple Zero yogurt. Not as good as a Ghirardelli Chocolate square, but satisfying my chocolate craving and giving me a protein boost.

    Great insight, @13ilgal413. Find a way to satisfy your craving that also fits your eating plan. I believe that's a key to long-term success in losing weight and then maintaining the loss.

  • fitlulu4150fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,116Member Member Posts: 1,116Member Member
    @13ilgal413 sounds like you have a nice handle on things. Keep up the good work! Fitting into those jeans is a great feeling I'm sure!

    Things here are going fine. It's bee a bit of a stressful week here with some health issues for my husband but we're hanging in there and he's doing better. I should be able to get back to the gym tomorrow............that's my happy place!

    Hope you're all looking forward to a nice weekend! It looks like we're having a garage sale on Saturday, I'm not that happy about it but we have a big warehouse to clean out and lots of interesting things we can sell. I'm just worried that it will be too much work for hubby. I'll do as much as I can to help!

  • EvamuttEvamutt Posts: 1,616Member Member Posts: 1,616Member Member
    Happy Friday Today is one of our grand daughter's Birthday, she's 12. She lives next door. She's having a sleep over with a few of her friends & asked me to make my apple pie. She loves my apple pie. I'm making them 2 & extra one to keep at home for hubby & a piece for me. I only use about 1/4 cup brown sugar & some butter so it's not real sweet or high calorie, I think the calories are all in the crust.I've been doing ok. I haven't been wanting to go to the gym lately. It seems every couple years I need a break. This last round I started in June 2016 so it's been a 3 yr stretch, I went yesterday. Went on elliptical & an ab machine but haven't been going to any gym classes. I'm walking more since it's not hot & do some intermittent jogging, usually half block at a time with my younger dog. I do abs & I have weights at home. My gym is literally 4 blocks away & takes me 3 min to drive there. I've been going there for 30yrs on & off. I have a hard time with the shoulda/coulda/woulda mentality & get depressed & caught up in things I think I SHOULD do whether I want to or not so today I decided it's OK if I take a break from the gym, I'll just go when I WANT to. I also have a bicycle I used to ride all the time so with the beautiful weather I want to do that. I used to take my dogs with me on my bike for 20+ years but our youngest , Eleanor doesn't seem to like it much, so I'll just put my little April dog in the front basket . She seems to enjoy itp28g5tadb0tr.png
  • swim777swim777 Posts: 556Member Member Posts: 556Member Member
  • alexsandrathompsonalexsandrathompson Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I am 62, but have never looked my age. I have always been about 25 pounds above my ideal weight and want to take it off for good.

    A few years ago, I lost about 30 pounds and felt great, but after surgery and a cancer scare, I did not deny myself anything.

    Now, I have a plan in place: walk an hour a day (fast walking), eat home cooked meals instead of fast or processed food; Lower carbs (I have a wheat belly); and eat more fruits and veggies that I love, along with chicken and beef. I will hit the gym three times a week for cardio and strength training or whenever the weather prevents me from walking.

    LETS DO THIS!
  • fitlulu4150fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,116Member Member Posts: 1,116Member Member
    @Evamutt, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break from the gym. It sounds like you're making up for it in different ways, so good for you. I've gone through the same thing a few times over the last 6 years since I've been here at MFP and I'm still going strong doing whatever I can to stay fit and mobile, and hopefully a little bit strong. That's a really cute pup!

    @alexsandrathompson, welcome to the group. I was in the same boat about 7 years ago with a cancer scare and eating whatever I wanted, but finally realized that I didn't actually have cancer.............and needed to get the accumulated weight off. It sounds like you have a great plan! Good Luck!
Sign In or Register to comment.