WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    SusieQ - I got to be ahead my Birthday was exactly Dinner time 5pm Thanksgiving Day At birth lol 😂. Last thing I want on my birthday is to be hanging up Christmas decorations. Halloween this hopefully will be JRs 1st time going to 2-5houses then home. December is my Dads Birthday y Christmas y Daughters coming home from the Navy so no time then to decorate. So now all is done ✅ but the tree 🌲. That will be last minute to do in a day before Daughter gets off the plane ✈️! Buy food of course for it probably a local BBQ joint hubby said I got enough with a baby 👶 at our age so doesn’t want me fighting a 2yr old walking off with ingredients the whole time me having a peri- fit lol.

Amber Tx

Hoping to loose more weight will see.Holidays I plan small portions of everything I want not pressuring myself to eat it all ..aluminum foil exsists for a reason so does a microwave
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Katla - Poor you <3 Sinus infections are the worst. Two years running we have caught the most dreadful coughs from the family. I was minutes from going to hospital. I really hope I don't succumb this year. Of course there's Norovirus, etc etc.. :bigsmile: Get well soon. I want to see those photos! :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    morning dear friends~
    I am up and having my tea..Alfie parked on the bed Chester next to me and Homer out on the couch in the living room.. Alfie ate, other 2 will have to get food into them...Tom and Elena enjoying the nice weather in Florida..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    SuziQ No chocolate hummus here at Freddie's. Waah! Looks like Chocolate Hummus is available at TJ's, so I'll have to wait til my trip to Eugene next year. Waah!
    Welcome Risha55 and Jean060!
    Lanette will be interested in your tablet/keyboard research. I'm dreading the end of Windows 7, but must start thinking about laptop and OS replacement. Fie on you Bill Gates, FIE!
    Kim you can't help but be sad to hear your Mom's reaction. Good that you recognize it is her choice. Sad with you. “...also hope I can accept help with grace and listen with kindness. “ amen, sister, amen!
    Michele, did your spoon rest look like this one? https://www.amazon.com/Boston-Warehouse-Earthenware-Spoon-Rest/dp/B00RNT1O38

Hope to catch a few winks before BB&B and burn barrel fun.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for October: get up and do it!
    Steps=5206, vits=20 log=20 CI<CO=17 CI<250<CO=10 Tumble=11 mfp=20 AF=16
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Well, I decided to face it and have a discussion with mom ...
    Kim from N. California

Sorry. :(

• Machka9
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka in Oz - Looking at that picture of the ferry makes me nearly seasick.

Me too ... I've been on that ship when it's been somewhat wavy (but not that wavy) and was seasick.

We had chosen the upright seats rather than a room for the 12-hour overnight trip, and I took a gravol hoping to settle my stomach and fall asleep but it didn't work very well and sitting in the seat wasn't comfortable ... I needed to be closer to the toilet.

So I stood at the back of the chair area for a long time.

But that worked out all right. People thought I was a "stewardess" so they wanted me to show them to their seats and help them recline and help them with their seatbelts and so on ... so I did!! Walking around helping people for a few hours gave me something other than seasickness to focus on and I didn't feel so bad. It also tired me out so I was finally able to sleep for a few hours.

On the trips after that, we took a room.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I turned around and my spoon rest was broken. I really liked it. It's of a cat made by Boston Warehouse. Only I don't see it on their website. I do hope they still make it. I've written to the company to see if they make it and I just don't see it.

Michele in NC
    exermom wrote: »
    I turned around and my spoon rest was broken. I really liked it. It's of a cat made by Boston Warehouse. Only I don't see it on their website. I do hope they still make it. I've written to the company to see if they make it and I just don't see it.

Michele in NC

Like this?

jlncqrzb997b.png
    https://www.amazon.com/Boston-Warehouse-Earthenware-Spoon-Rest/dp/B00RNT1O38
  • Machka9
    Options
    Pilates
    Some walking
    A few flights of stairs

And I ran 1.3 km!! First time I've done that distance since the half marathon last January!! :smiley:

Plus the usual ... work, cycling club stuff, and now studying for my final exam. I'm not really in the mood to study, but it has to be done.

Machka in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies!

Barbie
    - I also want to thank you for your statement. Always appreciate your wise words - more than once I've been able to "reframe" a situation thanks to your insight. <3

Cathy in Arlington TX - happy birthday to your mom! If the teleporter would have been available, I can tell you a big piece of that cake would have been missing. WOW! Some day if you are totally bored and wish to post your before and after pix thanks to your keto eating, I'm sure the new gals would enjoy seeing them.

Katla - welcome back home and so sorry for your sinus infection. I bet the changing air pressure on the plane helped drive it into your ears and sinuses. Always did that to me anyways, and probably one of the reasons I dread having to fly anywhere. Hope you can figure out the photos at some point and post them for us to enjoy. Glad to hear daughter and family are settling in. B)

As I was watching the series on Alzheimers, I jotted down the series speakers. Many of them have written books, so went online and have them on order at the library. Here's the list:

**The Alzheimer's Antidote by Amy Berger. I picked that one up already and she focuses on a lot of the strategies presented in the series. Also good explanation of the chemistry behind the brain and low-carb/ketosis and why it's good for overall health, not just preventing or slowing dementia.

**Genius Foods by Max Lugavere. It's about foods good for brain health.

**Brain Body Diet by Sara Gottfried. 40 days to a lean, calm, energized and happy self.

Kelly - just ordered "Being Mortal" from the library. Thank you for mentioning!

OK ladies, I have a hungry dog giving me the "look"

Make it a great day! <3

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, all... did the gym thing, now the work thing... :)

Lisa in AR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋♥️🤗
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    2wnv3j1qzugi.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    :)Katla, If you have photos saved to your computer, one of us can explain how easy it is to post them. If you don't have them saved on your computer, the job is more complicated.

<3Rori, I am so sorry to hear that your brother is drinking again. You are so right that you can't say or do anything that will help. Has he connected with the A.A. meetings in your community?
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Oh no Pip! I hope he is OK!!

Okie