• chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    JFT 10/21
    Track :)
    Exercise :) only a walk, but sciatica was acting up
    Stretch :) will do this evening
    Tidy up bedroom :/ put away laundry, but not much else
    Drink at least one full water container at work :)
    Send work thank you notes to speakers :) done!

An ok day. Got some errands done after work. At what I pre tracked for the most part. I do need to buckle down at work. Stuff is piling up.

JFT 10/22
    Finish letters
    Work on slide presentation
    Exercise
    Track
    Stretch
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Is meatloaf a popular thing in America?

I had one for the first time last night (homemade) Ash did minced beef, onions, various herbs and spices (main being smoked paprika) and crackers (beaten into a powder) and eggs (think these were for it to hold its shape) and then mushed and rolled it into a meatloaf shape. And bacon on top.
    Then he did tinned tomatoes with herbs and spices (smoked paprika being the main again) with onion and chickpeas as a sauce. It was AMAZING!

Are there other ways to make it too?

Yes, I happen to love meat loaf...some of my kids, not so much. And yes, there are several varieties.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @Faebert (((HUGS))) I am looking for a way to motivate myself too. Once I fall off the proverbial horse, I have a horrible struggle getting the enthusiasm back! :heart:

@mytime6630 I have to chuckle because I think that darned candy corn gets you every year! hahaha! We all have that that one "thing". For me, it's potato chips. I cannot have them in the house or i will eat the entire bag!

@Bex953172 There are a ton of ways to make meatloaf and I love it. I grew up with my mom's version, which had ketchup, brown sugar and a little mustard spread all over the top. Tim makes it different with more of an oniony taste to it. They're both yummy! :smile:

@cschmitz110515 Wowzer! You got a lot of yard work done. But I agree, yesterday was the perfect day to do it. We went to my stepson's house for the game so didn't get much of anything done around here, but hey...what a game, hey?! Whoop Whoop!

@Snowflake1968 It's hard to keep up with the group and respond to everyone when you are learning a new job...heck, working full time in general makes it hard I think. Starting out slow with just getting on here and logging every day and working on water intake is a good start. Your husband is probably being like mine....trying to be supportive without hurting our feelings. Tim knows how badly I want to lose weight and he also knows that I feel better and am a lot less moody when I eat healthier. So he tries to subtly "remind" me that I don't really want that ice cream at 8pm.

I have so many people I want to respond to right now, but I have to get stuff done around here so I'll hop on tomorrow and check in.

Love to you all! xoxoxo

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I didn't have goals for today because I spent the weekend really just being in the moment with my husband. It was so awesome. Saturday we drove up north to his uncle's land and took a walk through the woods with the dog and I took a lot of pictures of the fall leaves. Was gorgeous day! Went to a small diner for dinner afterward.

Sunday, we went to stepson's for the Packer game. Most of the family was there and we had a great time! He set up a build-your-own taco/nacho bar. I behaved pretty good by making mine into a taco salad with the shredded chicken. Then I got naughty and dug into the chips and bean dip. *sigh*

Just for Tuesday:
    • Get up when alarm goes off...NO SNOOZE! DO NOT PRESS SNOOZE! NO, NO, NO!
    • Only eat between the hours of 10:00a and 6:00p
    • No sugar/no flour
    • Log every bite
    • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • Be patient and do my best with new provider tomorrow again
    • Update the letter template by end of day
    • Walk dog after work
    • Prep for Wednesday
    • Prelog Wednesday's food diary
    • Update 2 week food diary for doctor follow-up on Wednesday
    • Bed at 9:00, gratitude journal, JM or DO reading & Simple Abundance, Calm app & then read mystery. Lights out at 10:30.

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 186 -2.6
    GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

WOY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!
  • CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues 22/10/19

Eat 1600-1700 cals 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Go for a walk 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Groceries 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Stretch 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Reflect + journal 🏊🏻‍♀️
    Read 10 pages 🧘🏼‍♀️

Did much better now that I make my goals more specific.

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Workout at home 👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Journal 👍

I’ve pretty much been awake since 2:30 so my main goal is to make it through today until I can go back to bed. Dot think my workout is going to be very intense today. Wish I knew what causes this. I have tinnitus too which always gets worse when I haven’t slept well so my ears are ringing now.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Meditate
    4. Figure out how to take nap under my desk without colleagues noticing.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday21st October

Back exercises yes, but only one set
    Do not buy chocolate none bought
    Gratitude yes
    Walk yes, 25 minutes before bed

I forced myself out in the dark, now can I do it regularly?!
    @Snowflake1968 , I must have a look at walking online, I just cant imagine how it is as good an exercise in the house!

JFT Tuesday 22nd October

Back exercises
    Do not buy chocolate
    Gratitude
    Walk

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 22/10 178.5 -2.5lbs
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I'm even later today.. quick post:

Yesterday 10/21:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Leave work by 5:20😁
    3. Go for a walk😁
    4. Light cleaning😁

JFT 10/22:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Leave work by 5:20
    3. Go for a walk
    4. Light cleaning
    5. Cook dinner
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @snowflake1968 How'd payroll go this time? I would think there is a bit of a learning curve involved...okay, for me it would be a gigantic curve...deadman's curve!!! I am still marveling at your job and how after waiting so long you landed in a good place.

Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Tomorrow we begin a new Bible Study called Weight Loss God's Way! I sent out an earlier notice...this is the last one. It's for 21 days. No pressure from the website (Bible.com) to continue on or to pay money, etc. It is, obviously, Bible-based, but all are welcome. The daily devos are fairly short---you can share comments after each one. This is only open to JFT people :).

PM me if you are wanting to join us!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    I am down a 1/2 pound!

I have "budgeted" my calories, etc.
    I will stretch today
    I have done my Bible study and journal
    I will drink 6 cups of water/herbal tea---this has been ridiculously hard for me...I had two cups of water yesterday :(
    I am grateful!

My year-end goal: to lose the 7lbs I have gained back over the year.
    Progress made: I have lost 3.5 lbs... I am at the halfway mark!
    My Word for the Year: Determined!!!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 190.4
    Loss - 0.8

JFT Monday Oct 21
    2L of water - 🌻
    log all food - 🌻
    15 minutes of exercise - ☠️
    Gratitude Journal - 🌻

JFT Tuesday Oct 22
    2L of water
    Log all Food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

Well another day of starting to get back on track yesterday. I didn’t manage any exercise, I was so tired after being up so early. I will try harder today.

I have to send the money for one craft show today and send in a registration form for another.

Trying different communities this year.

• toaljasa
    Options
    As the end of 2019 approaches, I decided I want to finish the year well.

I needed a goal and what I want to do is get rid of the 7lbs that I regained this year.

Now that I have a goal, I need a plan, because as everyone knows:
    a4xtyo2d4x7y.png

So, I went back and looked at what I was doing that lead me to lose 30lbs and found key components to my weight loss that I was no longer consistently doing: tracking my food daily. Coming on here and listing my JFT, daily. Reading my Bible and journaling, and drinking water

My plan: track food, consistently list my JFT's on here, drink 6 cups of water, exercise 5 days a week, sign up for encouraging Bible Studies that will help me attain my goal. Put my Word of the Year into action: Determined.

Having my plan written out has helped me regain focus, keeping my eye on the goal. There's a proverb that describes exactly what I want to do:

Let your eyes look directly forward and your gaze be straight before you.

Peace and joy.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Recap M 10/21
    1) Walked dog 3.54 mi 1:04:30 before work & rain / stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly (except employee meeting & hair appt.) / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 18,652 steps, 205+ 13/14 & 64 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals (except supper) & snacks prelogged / not sure of late supper after appt. but eat sensible / net calories zero / 14c water = Stopped for Chinese to go on way home (sort of healthy choice) & logged best guess. Net cals -89 :neutral: , sodium -916 :s , sugar -9, fiber & protein excellent, 10c water
    4) Prep GA-R(ROP) :) going to be a pain to update but oh well / clear more Inbox :neutral: not much worse / chapter emails :# / maybe EMT edit? :p I refuse to step in since Ben "now does this" & he hasn't responded to emails
    5) Evening: hair appt. 5:30 :) / meal plan & grocery list nope / review possible shows & tickets order nope / newspaper pile nope / other? reviewed pile of mail & folded clean clothes :)
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:30 / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: (rest day T if rain in a.m.)

JFT T 10/22 ~ Raining at 5:45 a.m. = no dog walk / rest day (sad dog)
    1) Move hourly (except dinner out) / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / belated bday dinner w/ BFF & already previewed menu online & logged / enjoy 1 adult beverage / net cals < 200 red / 14c water
    3) Check w/ admin & request prof license renewal form / GA-R(ROP) set-up / reduce Inbox / EMT situation? (Ben)
    4) To-do's: TYs to S & J for bday gifts / pay medical invoice / update financial records / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (walk dog W before work ~ no rain forecast, would be nice if skies clear & I could see Orion)

Realized yesterday after I finally caught up my weekly w-i post that I forgot to update my age since my bday last week. :D

@Bex953172 I love meatloaf! I use recipe on the Quaker Oats container.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Recap M 10/21

I use oats in my meatloaf as well.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Recap M 10/21

I use oats in my meatloaf as well.

I think we followed a Jamie Oliver recipe (we don't really like JO but this was nice!) his said put 12 Jacobs Cream Crackers in, we were amazed when we ACTUALLY had them in the cupboard lol!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 22 October

It’s too late to set goals for today but I am in the green (just) and have met my Fitbit exercise goals. I’ve not had enough water to drink and I’m thirsty. Drinking water really makes a difference and I am so poor at it!