Women 200lb+, Let's Be Spooktacular This October!!!

Replies

• amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    @tranquilgarden14 I had a total thyroidectomy last year (and was hypo before that). I'm on hormone, but with weight loss I've been having to keep an eye on symptoms, especially hyper (since less weight means less hormone requirement).

I haven't noticed any resistance to weight loss, but I'm focusing mainly on dietary intake. I think the risk with low thyroid is overdoing it with cardio--recovery can be longer if I work too hard, then I'm just exhausted all the time. it's possible you need hormone replacement though, doesn't hurt to get your levels checked!
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    @RavenStCloud Thank you very much!

I used to and still sometimes do those same things. I beat myself up constantly! I want this weight off so badly I want it to happen yesterday.

I have gotten better about taking it slow and allowing myself some freedoms. But sometimes I just want to throw in the towel!

This group does help! It's amazing...these small monthly goals help so much...takes my eye off the long term for a little. I am going to start looking for the NSV's...it will motivate...thank you!

Let's have a great week!
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    So, I went away for the weekend and ate whatever I could find in airports, which was mostly McDonald's and stuff.

I came back to a huge Thanksgiving feast, all cream and sugar and cheese and stuff.

I'm down like 3 pounds to 214????

Weight loss: it makes no damn sense. *grumble*

Probably a result of week before, or more activities. Or.....your getting used to smaller and huge might be relatively smaller now ;)
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Well Disney Cruises are NOT good for the waist line.....was very active, but gained probably 6 lbs in 8-9 days (and I was careful most of the time..but of course I wasn’t prepping the food). Hopefully a neutral October will occur, I need to drop 3 more lbs this month to zero out. I’m feeling good, strong, slowly moving down. Darn it those vacations.
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    You are well on your way!
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    Well Disney Cruises are NOT good for the waist line.....was very active, but gained probably 6 lbs in 8-9 days (and I was careful most of the time..but of course I wasn’t prepping the food). Hopefully a neutral October will occur, I need to drop 3 more lbs this month to zero out. I’m feeling good, strong, slowly moving down. Darn it those vacations.

I’ll bet a lot of your gain is sodium. It makes you retain water so you weigh more and feel bloated. Drink a ton of water to flush it out and I bet you go down quickly. If you were careful it’s unlikely that is purely extra calories contributing to your gain. I hope you had a good vacation regardless!!

• aliciap0116
    @Terytha - congrats on the loss and hope you feel better!
  • aliciap0116
    SW: 236.4 (9/8)
    10/8: 228.5
    10/15: 225.1
    10/23: 221.9
    10/31:
    10/31 GW: 225
    UGW: 150

So excited about my progress this past week and month. One of the things I am most proud of is walking places I normally would have driven - to get my haircut, run errands, etc. on days where it would have been hard to fit the gym in. It feels so good when you can find those opportunities!

But I am also really nervous about the upcoming week. I have my son's birthday party on Saturday and will be attending a 4-day work conference that includes staying in a hotel, a lot of pre-plated meals, and drinking opportunities with colleagues and friends. It will be difficult to find time to exercise but I am bringing my workout gear. And I am going to do my best on eating because indulging will not be nearly as rewarding as the progress I am making here! I would love to get to 220 by 10/31 but I will also be fighting to hold steady this week!
  • I fell off the bandwagon slightly for a (planned) weekend with a lot of alcohol and other calories. It was a wedding weekend for a close friend. My weight spiked but I got it back down, and now I’m only .6 up from my lowest weigh in at 195.6. Assuming I get the .6 off by the end of the month, I’ll still have hit my goal of 5lbs. Progress is slowing but that’s okay. At 195 even, my loss total is 44lbs, which is still crazy to me. Maybe November will be the month of 50?!😃 I’ll finish October strong and then decide my next goal from there💪🏻So proud of you ladies for always doing such amazing things. I’m thankful for your support always.
  • GroverBlue78
    GroverBlue78 Posts: 97 Member
    So my first didn't go as planned. I put on weight!
    I logged but I guess I dipped too hard into my exercise calories.
    So this week, I am not going to give up, keep logging and add in one additional workout to my weekly dance class.

SW: 240.4 lbs
    Oct 23: 242.8 lbs
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    @GetZet - I just realized your post earlier...thank you so much for sharing. My goodness you have a lot, but thank the lord you are there for those children. About three years ago I lived in a similar neighborhood. Your heart is big and keep the faith! Thank you again!

@bluffgirl67 I suffer from chronic pain as well and I am 51. I never was medicated other than stronger ibuprofen. No one understands unless you live it, but I want you to know I know exactly how you feel! Good for you! 7m on an elliptical would have killed me!! Stick with it, because when I am moving more and as weight comes off, the pain subsides a bit.

All of our struggles are real and hard and we should be proud of ourselves for not diving into despair and making steps to change for ourselves. It does help to have a community rooting for you when friends and family get quiet and stop listening because they don't share the same goals!