JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thanks for the fun facts about Orion! Tbh, I always look for the "belt" first LOL. As long as I get up early to walk dog, I try to find things to appreciate while I'm outside, and I like to look at stars this time of year.

Last night I went to bed much later than planned & I'm going out this evening, so this morning I reset alarm & did not walk dog before work. Sad dog. I'm ok with doing this on occasion, I just don't want skipping walks/workouts to become a habit. So hard for me to restart the workout habit, it's just not worth stopping. I like to keep up with workouts so I can eat more :D . Plus my body feels better when I'm in shape. And my clothes and wedding ring fit.

Tonight I am going to see Swan Lake by the Russian Ballet Theatre. I'm so excited! It's been years since I've seen this performed, and I know how good the ballet corps is. I am not a dancer (HA) at all, but I can appreciate the beauty, skill & grace of the performers. Have a great day, all!

I was going to thank @Bex953172 for that same thing! I have to Google Orion to see which constellation that is. I'm totally not smart about things like this! But I also love a dark sky where I can look at the stars. It's harder to see them now that we live in town because of the street lights, but when we lived in the country the sky was so dark I couldn't find my way down our driveway without a flashlight! Beautiful skylit nights out there.

Thanks for this reminder. I need to stop wishing for things I don't have and begin enjoying these little things and little moments because really that is what life is made up of, isn't it?

Have a wonderful time at the Ballet! I've always wanted to see the Nutcracker. Maybe I'll go this year...
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm sorry you had such a cluster of a day with Saskia's earache, getting from one place to the other with 3 kids! You are a super woman. I don't know how you do it! I have to admit, picturing you power charging your way there with the stroller with 3 kids did make me chuckle a little because I could just imagine the words flying out of your mouth! LOL! You're an awesome mom!

@clicketykeys (HUGS) I hope you get rained out tonight too. Sounds like you could just use a little downtime! :flowerforyou:

@maryrobinson40 It makes me smile to see you posting again, my beautiful friend! :heart:

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thanks for the fun facts about Orion! Tbh, I always look for the "belt" first LOL. As long as I get up early to walk dog, I try to find things to appreciate while I'm outside, and I like to look at stars this time of year.

Last night I went to bed much later than planned & I'm going out this evening, so this morning I reset alarm & did not walk dog before work. Sad dog. I'm ok with doing this on occasion, I just don't want skipping walks/workouts to become a habit. So hard for me to restart the workout habit, it's just not worth stopping. I like to keep up with workouts so I can eat more :D . Plus my body feels better when I'm in shape. And my clothes and wedding ring fit.

Tonight I am going to see Swan Lake by the Russian Ballet Theatre. I'm so excited! It's been years since I've seen this performed, and I know how good the ballet corps is. I am not a dancer (HA) at all, but I can appreciate the beauty, skill & grace of the performers. Have a great day, all!

I was going to thank @Bex953172 for that same thing! I have to Google Orion to see which constellation that is. I'm totally not smart about things like this! But I also love a dark sky where I can look at the stars. It's harder to see them now that we live in town because of the street lights, but when we lived in the country the sky was so dark I couldn't find my way down our driveway without a flashlight! Beautiful skylit nights out there.

Thanks for this reminder. I need to stop wishing for things I don't have and begin enjoying these little things and little moments because really that is what life is made up of, isn't it?

Have a wonderful time at the Ballet! I've always wanted to see the Nutcracker. Maybe I'll go this year...

lol I love the stars!
    I have a big @ss telescope lol!!
    I don't always have it up but I've seen the moon up close, I tried Betelgeuse but it's kinda hard when the earth is moving lol!!
    And I've seen Jupiter and it's 4 moons.

Constellations we can see here (that I'm aware of) arrrre Orion, Cassiopeia, the Big Dipper and the Little Dipper, and one my mum called the seven sisters? Don't know if that's the actual name but it's a cluster of 7 stars real close together!

Also! When you're looking at Orion's Belt, you're looking at a nebula ;)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Oh an we can see some of the zodiacs too, I THINK I've seen Pisces but I might be wrong!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    And you can see the andromeda galaxy (our nearest galaxy) with the naked eye. It looks a bit more like a smudge though! That's pretty hard to locate if you don't know where to look?

Who mentioned the app? What app is it and does it cost anything? I used to have one but can't remember what it is, not sure if I got one free ages ago because I jailbreaked my iPhone!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 thank you!

@Bex953172 we like Raymond, its DH's middle name. And were also considering doing a full on Jr. Its so hard!!!

JFToday
    1. Finish water and refill before leaving work
    2. Verizon store for DH
    3. Trim dogs nails

JFtomorrow
    1. Smoothie breakfast
    2. Laundry; towels, jeans
    3. Rake leaves
    4. Call aunt M
  • Bex953172
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 thank you!

@Bex953172 we like Raymond, its DH's middle name. And were also considering doing a full on Jr. Its so hard!!!

JFToday
    1. Finish water and refill before leaving work
    2. Verizon store for DH
    3. Trim dogs nails

JFtomorrow
    1. Smoothie breakfast
    2. Laundry; towels, jeans
    3. Rake leaves
    4. Call aunt M

Awh lovely, I love it when people use family names, my middle name is Joanne which is my aunties name (dads sister)

Our girls names aren't family orientated at all lol!
    Saskia is a Dutch name, we went on a babymoon to Amsterdam when pregnant with her. So we looked at Dutch names and found that!

Ash loves Bob Marley and we had a poster in our living room of him and one day I was just like "what about Marley?" He said he thought it was a boys name and I said no it's unisex and that's where her names from!

And Casey, well Ash was drunk LOL!!!
    But he still liked it in the morning and I loved it when he said it!

Only Saskia has a middle name though which is Ava because I was pretty determined on that name but when Saskia came up we compromised lol!!

It's weird though, my parents and brothers initials are all AJG and mines RJG lol odd one out me!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Friday 25 October

Log accurately :/ I’ve guessed
    Stay in the green :/ possibly just
    5 fruit and veg >:) only 3
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals >:)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - aim to eat below maintenance >:)

I spent the day with my parents and that was more important than these goals. :) My parents are in their eighties and my mum has a terminal health condition. She’s a fighter and today I set up her new iPad - she enjoys being able to sit in bed/on the sofa and look at Facebook, her emails, the news etc. She had an “inherited” iPad that was nearly 10years old and very temperamental so dad and I persuaded her to get a new one and enjoy it rather than struggle . We had to overcome the argument as to whether it was worth it given her limited life expectancy. - She’s loving the new one!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Anyone listen to Half Size Me podcasts? I listened to one today that I really liked. Rather than her doing an interview, she did an actual coaching call on the air. Really insightful to listen to. It's episode 401 if anyone is interested. It played Oct 14th and is called "making a better plan when you're struggling with weight loss".

@Bex953172 That's it! Now I have to google the constellations! :) I love your girls' names...they're all unique. BTW, I love Bob Marley too! No Woman, No Cry is probably my favorite. :mrgreen:

@ZizzyBumble I'm glad your mom let you upgrade her iPad. Whether she has a limited life expectancy or not, I'd want her to be happy and enjoying each day as much as possible. :heart:
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 189.2
    Loss - 2.0

JFT - Thursday Oct 24
    2L of water - 🤨 1.5
    Log all food - 🌻
    15 minutes of exercise - 🌻
    Gratitude journal - ☹️ too late getting home

JFT - Friday Oct 25
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude journal

I am very late posting goals today because I slept in a bit today and didn’t have time to log in at work.

My craft sale wasn’t overly successful last night, but I made my table money back and was invited to do another one in December so it wasn’t all in vain.

I am so happy to report that I only had one payroll complaint today and it was an overpayment not a shortage! I knew I had done this wrong corrected it in front of the lady training me and the computer paid it out after all so I don’t even think I’m to blame for this one.

We have ordered pizza for supper, not the best choice but I don’t feel like cooking.

I’ll catch up in a bit with everyone.

• Bex953172
    Options
    Anyone listen to Half Size Me podcasts? I listened to one today that I really liked. Rather than her doing an interview, she did an actual coaching call on the air. Really insightful to listen to. It's episode 401 if anyone is interested. It played Oct 14th and is called "making a better plan when you're struggling with weight loss".

@Bex953172 That's it! Now I have to google the constellations! :) I love your girls' names...they're all unique. BTW, I love Bob Marley too! No Woman, No Cry is probably my favorite. :mrgreen:

@ZizzyBumble I'm glad your mom let you upgrade her iPad. Whether she has a limited life expectancy or not, I'd want her to be happy and enjoying each day as much as possible. :heart:

I think Ashs is One Love, I'm not sure though! Probs one of those things I should know LOL!!

Our dog is named after a rapper LOL!!

He said he wanted Tupac or Biggie (Biggie Smalls) .. I went with Biggie lol! Could not imagine myself yelling Tupac in the park LMAO!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    And when we got our rabbit from the adoption part of the pet store (he'd been previously bought then brought back because when the dad brought it home non of them wanted a rabbit!)
    The store had named him Ron lol!!! We were gonna change it but it suited him so much lol!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    25/10: CW: 153.2 - 2.8 🌻

JFT: Fri 25 Oct
      New Daily Goals
      Food
      • log All food and drink; stay under goal🌟
      • balance macros/micros🌟
      • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!🌟
      Exercise:
      • Knee Physio🌟
      • 7,000+ Steps daily 🌟
      • 30 + minutes intentional exercise🌟
      Other
      • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation 🌟
      • Practice Self-care🌟
      • Positively reframe thoughts 🌟
      • Learn something new🌟
      • 15 mins Daily Declutter session🌟
      • 10 am: Latin Study Group
      • After lunch: clearing planters weather permitting 🌟

JFT: Sat 26 Oct
        New Daily Goals
        Food
        • log All food and drink; stay under goal
        • balance macros/micros
        • Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
        Exercise:
        • Knee Physio
        • 7,000+ Steps daily
        • 30 + minutes intentional exercise
        Other
        • Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation
        • Practice Self-care
        • Positively reframe thoughts
        • Learn something new
        • 15 mins Daily Declutter session
        • Local shopping
        • Accounts
      • Snowflake1968
        Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
        Options
        @Bex953172 - I love your girls names and how they came to be.

Our daughters are:
        Lauryn Elizabeth Marie - Lauryn is after my Dad named Lorne, Elizabeth is a a variation of Rodger’s grandmothers name and my Mothers middle name. Marie is after my best friend.

Kaitlyn Michelle - Kaitlyn because I liked the name and Rodger agreed to it right after I gave birth. She was originally going to be Amanda which was his favourite but not mine. Michelle is after Rodger’s dad who is named Michael.

I love knowing how people come up with names for their children and pets.

I realized I probably didn’t know Rodger’s favourite song and asked him. Now I need to find out who sings it. Lol
      • ourvibrantlife
        ourvibrantlife Posts: 413 Member
        Options
        I would like to join. I need the daily consistency!

CW 162.4

Keeping it simple

JFT Oct 24
        Log every bite ✔️
        Drink 80 oz ✔️

Spot on yesterday.. weigh in this am was 161.

JFT Oct 25
        Log every bite
        Drink 80 oz

I ate at a...All you can eat buffet with my friends this afternoon. No log, not enough water, sodium filled.
      • chemjenny
        chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
        Options
        JFT 10/25
        Enjoy team celebration lunch, but don’t over do it. :) Enjoyed lunch, I ate a lot but didn’t go overboard and made up for it later
        Track :) as best as I could
        Walk :) didn’t want to but my husband persuaded me to go. Yay.
        Practice presentation :/ not as much practice in as I’d like. One week and 1 day to go.
        Tidy up closet :/ traded for two loads of laundry instead.

Glad it’s the weekend, but weekends are harder for me to stay on track calorie wise.

JFT 10/26
        Exercise
        Track
        Drink water
        Go shopping!
        Relax
      • Bex953172
        Options

CW 162.4

Keeping it simple

JFT Oct 24
        Log every bite ✔️
        Drink 80 oz ✔️

JFT Oct 25
        Log every bite
        Drink 80 oz

I ate at a...All you can eat buffet with my friends this afternoon. No log, not enough water, sodium filled.

Ooooo not been to and all you can eat for ages! (Which is probably a good thing lol!!) We don't get many in the UK tbh that I know of, mostly are Chinese restaurants that do that!
      • ourvibrantlife
        Options
        Bex953172 wrote: »

CW 162.4

Keeping it simple

JFT Oct 24
        Log every bite ✔️
        Drink 80 oz ✔️

JFT Oct 25
        Log every bite
        Drink 80 oz

Ooooo not been to and all you can eat for ages! (Which is probably a good thing lol!!) We don't get many in the UK tbh that I know of, mostly are Chinese restaurants that do that!

It was Chinese.. and not worth all the cals and sodium. Hopefully it will be our groups last for a long time!
      • ourvibrantlife
        Options

CW 162.4

Keeping it simple

JFT Oct 24
        Log every bite ✔️
        Drink 80 oz ✔️

JFT Oct 25
        Log every bite
        Drink 80 oz

JFT Oct 26 Weigh in 162.1

Log every bite
        Drink 80 oz