Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    October 16 - AF
    October 17 - AF
    October 18 - 1 wine, 2 drinks
    October 19 - 2 drinks. I did the "wait 6 minutes" thing 4 times, then kind of caved. However, I didn't go for the 3rd like I usually do. Bad to do 2 days in a row though. I was digging my heart out in the garden, still so much to do! The last 15 minutes of it I was like "how lovely it would be to sit in the tub with a cocktail and watch TV after this." (yes, I have a TV in my bathroom) I held out for about 1/2 an hour, and then dove in. Still not quite in the AF headspace.
    October 20 - Sip of wine and 2 drinks. Considering that I am calling Tuesday my drinks days, I had at least better be AF tomorrow!!
    October 21 - AF
    October 22 - Tuesday. 3 drinks.
    October 23 - AF
    October 24 - 3 drinks - Obviously not where I have been at for 10 months, but still being mindful. For sure need to rack up some more AF days.

Running monthly total: 8AF days out of 24 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    13/23 days AF so far. On a pretty good trend but I fear my rest of the month will be pretty damp.

@dawnbgethealthy we are headed to a Blues game tomorrow night! Friday night the traveling show of Dear Evan Hansen with some girlfriends, Saturday night a Halloween party, Sunday night my Chiefs play... Monday leave for a work trip for a few days, home for Halloween to round out the month so I may still be at 13AF days by then!

Also heading to Philly for a weekend trip first of November, and we are going to a Flyers game Dawn!

OMG girl, so jelly in here!! I saw the St. Louis Blues in Colorado back in '97 when Brett Hull and Pierre Turgeon were still with the group. I wanted them so badly to win a cup all of these years and they finally did : - )
    Guessing that you live in or near St. Louis Missouri. Beat the LA Kings badly tonight. Wow, you were there, so jealous!!

Philly, wow, I saw them play in Calgary when the "Legion of Doom" was still together: Eric Lindross, John LeClair, and Mikael Renberg. Startlingly, Mark Recchi was the stand out for me that night. Ah, so long ago, and all of those guys retired now.
    Philly has Claude Giroux still, and JVR (James Van Riemsdyk) still but nobody else that I recognize much. Are you seeing the Toronto Maple Leafs or the New Jersey Devils. doesn't matter, still jelly. (but want to know!)

Heck, you are living my dream life!! My goal is all 30 NHL cities to see games in my lifetime. Whittling away at the list, Dallas was an awesome place to experience NHL.

Pay attention lol, I will want deets : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @WinoGelato
    I shouldn't have so quickly skipped by Dear Evan Hansen. I would love to see it. It won't come anywhere near me, it is only playing in big cities. I am excited for you that you get to see it, and would love to hear about your experience.
    I do know the story sort of, the main character pretends to be a friend of a deceased boy, sort of getting a new family via this.
    @Womona probably knows, she is our theatre babe.

Again, kind of jealous of your life right now @WinoGelato but in a good way. Live it up : - )
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Aiming for a completely Sober October as part of the Last 90 Days Challenge.

24 out of 24 days AF
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    It's my birthday today, 43 years young! No alcohol, we're eating Vietnamese tonight at this cute, little restaurant downtown and I am so looking forward to.just relaxing on the couch after that and watching scary movies. I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Happy Birthday! Enjoy every minute of it.😊
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar happy birthday!

24/24 AF days this month. It's the weekend, last full weekend of the month. Next Friday I think we will celebrate the successful month with one glass of wine :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Happy birthday @LoveyChar 🎂 6:50 am in Vegas another 24 😍
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good catch, @LoveyChar , my favorite white now sports a screw top, still the same vino. At least it was 3 months ago. B)

Have fun weekend, y'all !!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies ❣️ Late afternoon, I'm drinking some new coffee I bought and it's sooooo good...
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    @dawnbegethealthy you're doing great! Progress as I see it and yes I'm jealous you have a TV in your bathroom 😂 October is nearly over,it's flown! 6:51 in Vegas I'll take another 24 of no drinks
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mostly (2 exceptions...) AF in October. *Have* to stay on track today and tomorrow. Weigh in Monday psychologically important.

Feel like a drink but not gonna do it. (There I wrote that so I'm committed.) Woot, woot.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    17 days AF so far. No plans to drink the rest of this month. If that happens, I’ll be one day shy of my goal. I was aiming for 23 days AF. No biggie - proud that I was able to abstain and choose when I really wanted to drink.

Great job to everyone checking in!