What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    40 mile ride on gravel bike. Mix of road and non technical trail. Conversational pace.

And....wrangling three teenagers to get their chores done.

Maybe more mental fatigue but the latter more tiresome than the former.

Grrrrrrrr.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    40 min spin bike & 120 pushups
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Took it easy today...
    15 minute stretching
    30 minute swim through ocean chop
    30 minutes surfing
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    My day is just begun. Thinking of what to do. Find my bike and head for a trip on that or take a run for the first time in month :#
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    10k early morning run, maybe a walk in the afternoon
  • suefitnessaccount
    suefitnessaccount Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Friday: Zumba class, Chest Press & Back squat followed by a strength circuit focused on my aim to work towards a pull up so lots of shoulder and back work.

Saturday: Clean & Press/Deadlift and a little bit of hang work before Zumba

Sunday: Mobility work mostly - Farmers walk with kettlebells then bear crawl, lizard crawl, duck walk, walkouts, spiderman and some back work on the swiss ball. Cardio on row/elliptical/treadmill for warm up/cool down.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee to the mouth, several sets.

Today I was going to rest but I think I will take a long trail walk later on. Snow is coming!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Short (6k) row in the double in nearly prohibitive conditions (strong wind) plus spitty mist. Fortunately, it was warmer, maybe high as low 50s F (which is plenty cold enough in wind/rain).

Point was to be "camera fodder" so a coach friend could have a pro photographer take photos for his new coaching website-to-be.

Sunday is usually my rest day . . . so I'm now drinking an IPA, and considering a nap, since I was up and at the river before dawn. :)
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    90 minutes of jiujitsu
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sunday.
    Active rest, well sort of.

Total of 19min on the rower. Dampener on 6, but high effort. 14min to warm up and another 5min to cool down. Really working on form and putting a lot more strength in to it. Elbow felt good which is why I decided to try pulling harder than I have been. May even be ready to restart interval work next week.

Between the 2 rows I did an hour of piyo. Got through most of it ok, but found the core section hard. Still i love how stretched out i feel after a piyo workout.

2mile fairly easy but cold night run taking in my challenge hill. Only 4 more runs in my challenge now.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    Sunday.

Total of 19min on the rower. Dampener on 6, but high effort. 14min to warm up and another 5min to cool down. Really working on form and putting a lot more strength in to it. Elbow felt good which is why I decided to try pulling harder than I have been. May even be ready to restart interval work next week.

Between the 2 rows I did an hour of piyo. Got through most of it ok, but found the core section hard. Still i love how stretched out i feel after a piyo workout.

2mile fairly easy but cold night run taking in my challenge hill. Only 4 more runs in my challenge now.

Just an fyi, damper setting has nothing to do with effort level on a rowing machine. Having it much if at all above a 6 would be an unwise decision in most cases excluding the flywheel being really dirty. It would be more advantages to go off of drag factor. There's more information on Concept 2's website:
    https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training/tips-and-general-info/damper-setting-101
    https://www.concept2.com/news/what-damper-setting-should-i-use
    http://archive.usrowing.org/news/details/06-01-03/Demystifying_the_Drag_Factor.aspx
  • cstein71
    cstein71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of freestyle swimming.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    30 min yoga.
    60 min peleton powerzone endurance spin.
    30 min dog walk.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    15 min stretching, soft warm-up (but apparently not enough)... because I practiced an hour of soccer and I think I may have mildly strained my right hip flexor... :( now taking an advil and icing... I can still walk and run fine... but I can't kick or do much contraction without some pain... praying it's extremely minor and will be fine in the morning???... resting now and will do mild stretching again later to help it along... fit in some upper body exercises instead if I have the energy...
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    Sunday.

Just an fyi, damper setting has nothing to do with effort level on a rowing machine. Having it much if at all above a 6 would be an unwise decision in most cases excluding the flywheel being really dirty. It would be more advantages to go off of drag factor. There's more information on Concept 2's website:
    https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training/tips-and-general-info/damper-setting-101
    https://www.concept2.com/news/what-damper-setting-should-i-use
    http://archive.usrowing.org/news/details/06-01-03/Demystifying_the_Drag_Factor.aspx

I've been going really easy in the rower thanks to my elbow. Last night was the first time I'd put effort in. Unfortunately the rower itself.is not the best maintained and very old. I usually have the dampener on 8, anything lower and I can't get a smooth action as it feels like I'm pulling on air.
  • alice_climbs_rocks
    alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A 33 mn jog, a round of cardio with a bodyweight app, and push-ups!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Today I rode my bike to the rock climbing gym and climbed pretty insensively for 2-2.5 hours (on and off switching with my belay partner).
    Managed to send one 6a (5.10b) clean but struggled with a couple other 6a's... A mix of lack of technique, strength, and mental oomph.
    Anyone else into rock climbing?

I go bouldering as frequently as I can - normally 3 or 4 times a week. I've not done any lead climbing, and only a small amount of top rope. There are loads of bouldering gyms in London, and relatively few with ropes, so bouldering is easiest for me to get to. I'm not very good - v4 (6b or 6b+) is probably my maximum

I've been caving as well, and it's brilliant - I want to do more of it. Climbing in a cave seems to be more pragmatic than elegant.