40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    stv1520 wrote: »
    Morning all-had a hockey game last night at 9 (lost 2-0 :neutral: ) At work today, a bit sore, and I have my weight training workout after work. Need a bit of a push to make sure I get in there lol

Ok. Here's your push. Get in there. You;ll be glad you did!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the last two weekends of rehab and non training, Started with yoga practice this morning and tonight we're heading to an outdoor party that is a Woodstock themed event. The outfits, music and food will all reflect that era. I'm guessing Jimi Hendrix may show up. ;)

Tomorrow, we're taking part in the annual "Tower Toot" fundraiser, which is a steep 1.5mile up hill hike to a Tower on a beautiful Ridgeline. Great views of the fall foliage, coupled with music, food, etc. Looking forward to it.

The "slacker" season ends on Nov 4th, when I start a training regimen under a new coach. Will feel good to get back in the game!

Stay Cool.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • Sherryregnier72
    Sherryregnier72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning 🌞 I’m new to this & still trying to figure this out. I’m 47 and 4’7 tall. Lol
    I live in Illinois and always try to stay positive even when I have a hard time myself. Feel free to add me as a friend. Looking for help with losing weight and positive energy. 🤗
    Can we go to the forums from the app??
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Good morning 🌞 I’m new to this & still trying to figure this out. I’m 47 and 4’7 tall. Lol
    I live in Illinois and always try to stay positive even when I have a hard time myself. Feel free to add me as a friend. Looking for help with losing weight and positive energy. 🤗

You can access the forums from the phone app. Tap on the three bar menu icon at the top left of the home page. Scroll down to Community. Open that link.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey kids, had an eventful weekend. For starters the Porsche/Lamborghini car show and needless to say it was filled with boys showing off their toys and prospective buyers. I had no idea those cars cost so much money. There was a used one for $375k. That was the only one with a price tag on it. Go figure. Outside of that, my new program has loads and loads of squats. My thighs has the feeling of jello (lol). I had the honor of watching the 2019 USA Powerlifting Raw Nationals on Sunday. 9 ladies were in the 84+ kilo category and I couldn't stop screaming and cheering them on. I'm beyond motivated to keep training. Welcome newbies. Have a great day kids.

@caramel - So which one is now in your driveway, a Porsche or a Lamborghini? :)

BTW: You're turning into a powerlifting machine!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    hmmm...I forgot to post yesterday?
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
    today...
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Up and down the mountain, JAMMIN’ to some tunes!!
    🎶we have come to drink your beer, to steal your rum at the point of a gun. Your alcohol to us will fall. We are here to drink your beer🎶
    🤘😂
    Followed by LEGS!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids, There's one word to describe my body and it's simple "SORE". I had a serious cardio circuit including running. I'm ready to eat a ton now. Have a great day kids.
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Hey kids, had an eventful weekend. For starters the Porsche/Lamborghini car show and needless to say it was filled with boys showing off their toys and prospective buyers. I had no idea those cars cost so much money. There was a used one for $375k. That was the only one with a price tag on it. Go figure. Outside of that, my new program has loads and loads of squats. My thighs has the feeling of jello (lol). I had the honor of watching the 2019 USA Powerlifting Raw Nationals on Sunday. 9 ladies were in the 84+ kilo category and I couldn't stop screaming and cheering them on. I'm beyond motivated to keep training. Welcome newbies. Have a great day kids.

@caramel - So which one is now in your driveway, a Porsche or a Lamborghini? :)

BTW: You're turning into a powerlifting machine!

DJ, I left the car show empty handed. They just didn't have the right color (lol).

You're right, I am becoming obsessed with Power Lifting.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I am so envious of all of you with your regular workouts! I have done little to nothing this past while. I am headed out on vacation where we are hiking for 6 days. Am so looking forward to that. My life has been far too busy and I need to slow down and get back to my regular workouts. Hoping vacation is the kick start I need.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have been bad this week...mostly working on my cosplay, not getting workouts in, but still plenty of walking, so I got that going for me!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,036 Member
    Options
    This past week I finally made it back into the gym for the first time in several weeks, and decided now would be a good time to transition away from my full-body program into a classic push-pull-legs split.

Between doubling the chest/back work on their respective days plus dealing with returning to lifting, DOMS got a hold of me something fierce the last couple days! Not sure if I regret having missed leg day but being able to still walk, lol. (Actually I did deadlifts on back day, so my hamstrings have been telling me all about how much they missed working out...)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Legs & tire flips at the gym...then afternoon trot.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    Options
    Happy Monday kids....Hope all of you had a great weekend. My weekend was cardio loaded. I ran a bit and it was nice until that heel spur started burning. Cryotherapy is really helping. 3 minutes in -110 degrees Celsius is absolutely cold but it's definitely helping with a few annoying aches. On today's menu was squats, banded squats and deadlifts. Hot HIIT to loosen up the tightness. By now you should know I am a SUCKER for punishment. Have a great day kids.