• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Balance + Power"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    shinemercy wrote: »
    How do I join? 42 years old now and need to lose about 15 kilos.
    Just post! Feel free to add me
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks @Jessicatrottmfp !

Yes, ended up with over two hours of weed pulling yesterday. :sweat_smile: Which set me up for some flower planting before the next round of non-hurricane storms moved through the area this morning. Really didn't believe we'd have more rain already, but for once the weatherman was right. At least my newly planted flowers got watered. Still have a bit more to do in the garden, and I'll have to wait and see if I can finish up today since the rain looks like it might last a while (like we've not had enough already). Looks like paddling may have to wait until after church tomorrow. :/
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Great evening swim session yesterday with the NW Connecticut chapter of the Cool Kids. 1.7 mile island swim, followed by pizza and red wine at a favorite local watering hole. All good stuff except that I just may have agreed to sign up for Ironman Mont Tremblant next August during the post swim banter. Hoping my endurance junkie friends drank too much wine last night and don't remember.

Followed up last night's swim with a 65 miler along the coast this morning. It was the last long training ride for a friend who is doing her first Half Iron distance race in Maine next week. A few of us jumped in for the scenic ride. Tomorrow will be another long swim/run and then we'll batten down the hatches before the winds of Hermine pay us a visit.

Stay Cool, kids.

w48db0sdbuqu.jpg

nendvmbmbwyw.jpg
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    33rd wedding anniversary in 2 days. Eating light as I suspect we'll splurge a bit.

Congrats on the anniversary. That's a long time
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    shinemercy wrote: »
    How do I join? 42 years old now and need to lose about 15 kilos.

Good to do this now at 42, rather than 52. Healthy aging is better than steady deterioration with all the NCDs which are such a big concern nowadays.
  • b3achy
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Woot! Got a late day paddle in this evening!! We had more rain showers this morning and it wasn't looking good for the rest of the day, but the sun finally came out, and I decided to try to go for it even though I know the road to my launch point might be a little flooded (it was, but passable). Water was yucky (smelled like dead fish), and murky, but still managed to see one shark. Got in about 2.9 miles in just over an hour (which was a pretty good pace for me). Unfortunately I somehow dinged my board, so this one will need a repair before it can go back out...good thing I have two others. I even got the bonus of a nice sunset as I was loading the car. All in all...a very good day! :sunglasses:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done! yup, again. this is day one of the "recovery week".
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    A short and sweet ride today, 2km..... A sudden deteriorating in weather sent me home :| Good news is I made home before the downpour!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Still baking hot here! 10km done
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Recovery week/ Sluggish week over! Back to the business with

P90X CHEST, SHOULDERS AND TRICEPS
    AND
    UFC FIT: ABS ASSASSIN

feeling light, and great! i shouldn't give in to the recovery week like i did last week.

Happy Labour Day Cool Kids!
  • IamLogan7
    IamLogan7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    45 here! Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! Some of us had to work today but that's ok. =)
  • rjason2015
    rjason2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    44 and active here. Feel free to add me!
  • b3achy
    Options
    Had another awesome paddle today with a friend. We got in about 3.64 miles, and even got to hang out in a shallow part of the bay and watch some dolphins playing nearby. Came in due to impending storm and got to hang out at the local tiki bar to listen to the live band for a little bit after the paddle (Bonus - my board got washed while on my car). All in all a good day though my sunblock didn't hold up for me, so I'm a tad burnt -- but that is why I have aloe. B)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,943 Member
    Options
    My gf took me to her personal trainer today. To shake me outta my funk, I am going to do aan hour of personal training with her on sunday afternoons. :) BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Been a busy weekend. Not much actual exercise, but plenty of activity and movement trying to keep up with the house, kids, and preparing to set up as a vendor at a convention this coming weekend. My weight has been hovering at .2 lbs below my current interim goal, so expecting a good result on the scale later this week...provided I can stay away from tortilla chips.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    The weather still sucks but I am prepared today unlike yesterday. Waterproof gilet, waterproof overshoe, 2 bottles of water and 1 bar (instead of 1 bottle of water and no food for this route). 2.5 hours and completed what I set out to do. Good day!