40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I have my very first "night" race (5K) tonight at 8:30 p.m. I actually have never ran in the evening hours so this will be interesting and we will all be "glowing in the dark" on the run!! :):)

Love running in the evening! My favourite time to run.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @gam3rguy !

@Beeps2011 , good luck with the calorie cutting. I know you will do it!

Got a couple of runs in this weekend. 7.5 miles on Saturday and 15 miles on Sunday. Should be tapering, but am still trying to get my long runs in. One more to go.....if I survive!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Recovery week and trying to take it as such. :)

P90X3 Yoga done this morning, not planning to do much more, other than my afternoon walk.

Happy Monday coolest group of kids on the block!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @djproulx nice work on the ironman. I ran a marathon once (when much younger) and was so ruined I didn't run again for 3 years. :) I can't imagine doing it after a 180km bike and a 3.8km swim. That is amazing.

@3furballs Being able to do a pistol is on my goals list. I have the getting down part down....its just the getting back up. I mentioned it to my oldest daugher (12) a month or so ago that this was one of my goals and she promptly cranked a few out on each leg. I had to send her to bed without supper :).

• bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thinking I might need to break out my yoga DVD. My flexibility seems to be on the decline.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    @tojo_73 , I would have done the same and sent get to bed! I can do them with the resistance band around the top of the heavy bag, out helps with balance and pulling up again. One of my major milestones when I could get my butt to the ground and get back up again!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Just turned 55. Never imagined making it this far. ;)

Happy Birthday!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @tojo_73 - Timberman is a short course race of 70.3 miles(HIM distance), so the run leg is only 13.1 miles. Agree the full marathon run is a grind.

@sdereski - When and where is your race??
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Focus pad class tonight. It's a variation on our kickboxing class, really loving it. Though my shoulders are killing!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of Kettlebells. Hot Yoga tomorrow night.
  • mpalumbo2006
    mpalumbo2006 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    early 40's feel free to reach out and add as a friend!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    @allenpriest Belated happy birthday!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "666 DAY STREAK"...uh-oh!!! LOL!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 Plyocide"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx I think short should be written with quotations. Even half distance iron man sounds crazy to me!

@gam3rguy So today is your Beast day!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of recovery,

Strength: P90X: core Synergistic ok, I really do not feel like this workout should be placed in recovery week! it was tougher than a normal day workout! all that variety of push ups are really insane! but anyway it's done!

Cardio: evening walk with my young man and puppy