40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Arms and shoulders done for the day. Lesson of the day: Don't do overhead dumbell exercises while watching John Oliver on youtube.
  • 7seas_sailing
    7seas_sailing Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yep. Count me in! But I'm not going down without a fight! At the end of the game, I'm not the one slowly walking up to home plate; I'm the ones sliding in sideways, scuffed and bloody with dirt covering me yelling "Man! What a ride!"
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    sdereski....I have more than just saggy skin....there is FAT building there.

no marathons or cycling for me....but I return to lifting this week and might add in some cardio, too.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Weight training 1 hour + bike riding 75 mins done!

Quite tiring to do both in one day but let's see if my muscle can get used to this :|
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Good morning Cool ones and welcome @tcay584 !!! your goal is totally achievable! you will get there, just stay with us, we push you! haha

P90X: Shoulders and Arms and UFC FIT Abs Assassin done this morning, my arms are still wobbly!

ok and I have gotten back to my pre-weekend weight again, seems like it was all water gain because of the salty snacks I had over the weekend, no wonder why BF% was staying the same! anyway, down the extras, hopefully getting the bf% down a bit more this week, and lean muscles up. it's good to dream, right?
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    AOS Providence done. Nice change from Newport for this week.

Welcome to all the new kids
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, well I finally got a run in. It was a measly 6k but at least it got my legs moving.
    Have to present to Rotary tonight. I am not a member, but for some reason, they like my presentations. This one is on Iceland. Just basically my pictures and experiences there. But oh, there is still so much to discover in Iceland!

@gam3rguy , @MJFSH , @Djproulx, @Jessicatrott... Way to kill it!
    @Beeps2011 , you will be back in great shape in no time. I now know your dedication.

My lifting will start again after my vacation, so probably the 1st of October. Can happen soon enough.

Welcome to all the new cool kids. :)
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    42 here, but I get called the baby at work because I am the youngest manager.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is sort of stalled. I'm eating OK but not getting much movement going due to too many night activities. I am weighing and measuring so I'm not going over maintenance - and I'm actually eating at a small deficit - but not dropping much. I'm fighting it. I am eating at a nice deficit most of the day and overdoing one meal.

After 130 pounds down you'd think I'd have this down pat wouldn't you? But this last 75 pounds is fighting back.

Wow, 130 down is fantastic! Hear you loud and clear on the stall being a bit frustrating. I made small progress last winter, but just couldn't make the break through needed to shed the last 15 lbs. In May, I shifted from a weight loss to a training focus, but I'm going to get after it again this winter. I'll have to be very militant about my food choices if I'm going to get down to my high school weight.

Keep up the fight. It is absolutely worth it.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Jessicatrottmfp - it sounds like you got all my motivation this week! Good job! Glad to see someone is getting it done!

@bbordner - sounds like we're having similar struggles. I've been trying to get back into a new/better routine, but I've just not been able to get it all together yet. I think I actually retrograded this week instead.

I've been feeling pretty blarghy all week...not very cool. Really need to get out on the water, but just not motivated to pack up the board and equipment and fight the waves (supposed to be moderate chop today and tomorrow). Best I have been able to muster all week is to jump on my in-house exercise machine for 30-60 minutes while watching TV (usually at night, and only because I did nothing else substantial all day). Guess a little something is better than nothing, but I need to snap out of this crappy attitude. I need to get back to being cool again...lol. B)