40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    two rest days over.. Back to the 5 day grind at the gym. Chest day today.
  • sohifirefly
    sohifirefly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and just started my fitness journey 2 months ago. Down 13 lbs. Just started a 60 day challenge at my gym to lose 10% body fat in that time. Had been doing mostly cardio but now I'm trying to do 3 days cardio and 3 days of strength training. Down 1.8% bf in the first week. Going on vacation for 6 days starting Friday and concerned about food/exercise. So yeah. That's me. Hi. I'm here!

Y'all are inspiring, by the way, so thanks for that :-)
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Had no motivation to workout today, ha! should have taken it as a clue and stayed home. such horrible day here at work! :|
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Woke up stiff and sore so skipped my planned workout for yoga instead. It was good to see my flexibility remains terrible.

@narak_lol over a 1000km for the month is awesome (I had a good month too at 275km :) and that's almost 11hr in the saddle for me)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Rode 50km today which totaled to 1081km (670 miles) for August. A good month to me :D
    :#

My butt is sore just reading this..........Nice work!

• BetsieSalt
    BetsieSalt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm an idiot! Managed to cut the bottom of my foot today after stepping barefoot on a laptop plug hanging out of my work bag. :s It's not too bad but is painful to walk on today so no running/cycling. Hopefully it will be fine tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me fit friends!
  • BetsieSalt
    edited August 2016
    Options

Djproulx wrote: »
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Rode 50km today which totaled to 1081km (670 miles) for August. A good month to me :D
    :#

My butt is sore just reading this..........Nice work!

@narak_lol it is incredible!!!
    @Djproulx - hilarious and true! B)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Still over 40 and not getting younger.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    I'm an idiot! Managed to cut the bottom of my foot today after stepping barefoot on a laptop plug hanging out of my work bag. :s It's not too bad but is painful to walk on today so no running/cycling. Hopefully it will be fine tomorrow. Fingers crossed for me fit friends!

Hope you feel better soon! such bummer! :(
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    @tojo_73 @Djproulx @Jessicatrottmfp Thanks so much for all your kind words!

Jessica - I hope you foot get better real soon!
  • KellyBurgess2
    KellyBurgess2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelly. Pretty new here. I did PINK Method back in 2011-2013. Kept it going for 20 months straight. Completed the program 7 consecutive times. I was so fit and felt great. Got down to 116 at one point! Too thin, so I tried to maintain 123. Then I had 3 family deaths, including my mother to lung cancer, and my life got out of whack for a while with the grief. I put on a lot of weight and got up to 139.2 by January of this year. So January 18th, I decided to do something about it. By the end of that week, I was ready to start PINK Method all over again. I lost about 15 pounds in 2 months! Right now I'm trying to maintain around 125. I feel pretty comfortable at this weight, and I can indulge in small treats and hang out there. I'm on my third round of PINK this year. I always intended to adopt PINK as a lifestyle, not as a diet. I don't intend to let life get in the way again. I like feeling healthy and fit. I'm 44, going on 45. I have 3 kids (17, 12, and 8). I've been happily married almost 22 years. The PINK Method website went away today, so I'm back to using the DVD's instead of streaming online, and I found this site about a week ago as a new place to start logging my meals and exercise. I love it so far! It's so easy to use because the database of foods is so extensive. Thanks for letting me join in! I'm living PINK!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X2 X2 Total Body & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Rest day - done! lol :D
  • BetsieSalt
    Options
    @RoxieDawn - that is an amazing time!! Good luck with the 10K.