You know you have wavy/curly hair when...

Options

Replies

• iamsharica
    iamsharica Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It reverts fast after you flat ironed it because of water lol
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Y'all still looks too adorable, puffy-frizzy what not with your curls. I don't have any curls(

You are too kind :)
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    you-know-you-have-wavy-curly-hair-when

- to "straighten" your hair you put it in a braid, or a bun or pony tail, (I also use a touque!)
    - it only looks great when professionally styled
    - ~25% of the time you randomly have a "good hair day" which depends on the weather, products used, drying time, but mostly luck
    - the rest of the time it is a bad hair day (like wear a hat or put up in a clip or bun) or a meh, 'messy looking hair-don't care' hair day
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yeah Amy I'm with you on 'half a day to air dry my hair'.

Bumble and Bumbles Hairdresser's invisible oil is working for me lately but its $40 for 3.4 oz, so I only use it for special occasions. I have wavy hair so it might not be as effective for full-on curls.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    When you get referred to as "you know, Kelly with the hair and the boobs".
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love this, this is hilarious. But since I've stumbled upon a place filled with curly haired women, can I ask, in all seriousness, how the heck you get it under control?!?! I'm a no fuss sort of person, and I have always just left the house with my hair still wet and it looked great when it dried. Now that I live in Florida (and it seems to be getting worse as I get older too), my hair is crazy poofy and frizzy and since I've never really done hair, I can't seem to figure it out!!

Go ahead, laugh at me. Then give me your best and easiest tips, please?!?

I use Garnier sleek and smooth leave-in, scrunch it in. Then either pantiene mousse or biotera styling gel, scrunch with a t-shirt and leave to air dry. After it's dry I flip my hair over and gently scrunch for volume. My hair is spiral curly, about 7" past my chin and I live in Kansas. It isn't Florida but we have some vicious humidity occasionally.
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Trying to upload a pic and it's being dumb...
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I have long thick straight black hair. I buy more shampoo than conditioner - conditioner weighs it down. My hair always looks flat and lifeless. It kinks and bends after sleeping or wearing clips/rubber bands.

I'm not going to lie, I wish I had naturally wavy hair.

The grass is always greener on the other side :smile:
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    You have only ONE Hairband that holds it all in and it's COVERED in a layer of hair
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    When you wake up every morning hoping the wishing gods granted you your wish of waking up with straight hair so you don't waste 45 minutes blow drying your hair then flat ironing it every morning. My hair is between curly/wavy...it's just a huge mess. Hate it!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    When the hair stylist asks you if you want to dry it naturally, and you think, "Not unless I want to be in The Lion King".

When there is the odd day of perfect curls, and strangers on the bus think they can play with your hair while asking what products you use.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    It's so crazy to me that people would touch someone else's hair, but I keep reading that it happens! It would never occur to me to touch/play with someone else's hair!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    It's so crazy to me that people would touch someone else's hair, but I keep reading that it happens! It would never occur to me to touch/play with someone else's hair!

I was shocked when it happened. Luckily, the stop before my actual one was Target a block away, so I just ran in there lol. I was hoping that the debris from overly used mousse/conditioner would be mistaken for uncontrollable dandruff, but it didn't :s
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    When you're done working out and you have a frizzy halo :)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    When yesterday I had ringlets all over, but today using the same products and drying methods I have ringlets on the left side, frizzy mess on most of the back and loose waves on the right. Have to resort to using a curling iron to fix it. Then it rains when I leave the house and it looks like I just did my hair by licking my finger and sticking it in an electrical outlet :(.
  • LAT1963
    Options
    was away from MFP for awhile, now I'm back I see this thread I started long ago hasn't been posted for awhile and there's probably a whole new crop of my fellow frizz-haired people who would enjoy the giggles and product recommendations.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You know you have wavy hair when you avoid brushing it at all costs.

When brushing it doubles the volume of hair.

When birds like nesting in your hair.

When your good/bad hair day is determined by the weather.

When it gets knotted up and you have to cut the knots out with a scissors.

Is this just me or can anyone else relate?

🙃
  • LAT1963
    Options
    oh ***, the cutting out knots with scissors thing....especially when I was a kid. My brothers used to stick their fingers in my hair so they'd get stuck and my mom would have to come cut them free.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    oh ***, the cutting out knots with scissors thing....especially when I was a kid. My brothers used to stick their fingers in my hair so they'd get stuck and my mom would have to come cut them free.

Ok so someone feels my pain. 🤗

To this day, when I go to the hair guy he looks at my hair, I see the look on his face, and I know he’s thinking he will have to work some magic to turn my bird’s nest head into something pretty.

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Lol - I can see myself in so many of these posts!

The older I get, the curlier / frizzier it gets.
    I don't wash it daily. I will sometime just condition it and rinse.
    I use coconut oil on the ends.
    I use a flat iron (a good one, but uses heat) and then a BIG curling iron and it sorta, kinda works, depending on the weather.
    Despite all that, it only looks good on day 4 of not washing, but then I can't stand it the feel of it.
    I do put it up in a clip or ponytail to help straighten it.
    You can tell by my profile pic that my hair looks dry and "puffy" - that is after straightening it!!
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Your 30month old says 'Foffy hair'