40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I did my weights last night, and my husband actually lifted with me!!!

I don't think he has lifted most of the year, but every workout counts!!!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Definitely enjoying my 'new' gym ('outgrew' the little fitness center where I live, and needed to get back to a real gym). First full week there (joined last Tuesday after work, so did my We/Th workouts there last week). Having more flexibility in what I can do means more effective workouts, but also feeling it a bit, although I seem to have my supplements about perfect for me and while I can feel the workout after, the DOMS really hasn't been bad, and my workouts are not suffering.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    My workouts have gone to shyte....my parents were in a horrible MVA thursday night (Dad is fine and I am staying with him - my Mom will be fine, but has tons of broken bones and will be in hospital for weeks...). So, my husband and I were (Finally!) on vacation (in upstate NY) when we got the call about the accident.

We drove all the way back to Toronto on Friday and I flew to Calgary on Saturday....my employer has been kind enough to let me work from Calgary office this week.

I have three siblings who live in Calgary, so they will have to do the heavy lifting, but I’m night-nurse for my uncooperative Dad here in week one. Sigh. I already can’t wait to leave and get back to my life....there’s reasons I live 3,000 km away from this family-of-origin dynamic!

Oh Beeps, am so terribly sorry to hear this. An MVA is a terrifying experience. Hoping your parents recover fully, both physically and emotionally.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    My workouts have gone to shyte....my parents were in a horrible MVA thursday night (Dad is fine and I am staying with him - my Mom will be fine, but has tons of broken bones and will be in hospital for weeks...). So, my husband and I were (Finally!) on vacation (in upstate NY) when we got the call about the accident.

We drove all the way back to Toronto on Friday and I flew to Calgary on Saturday....my employer has been kind enough to let me work from Calgary office this week.

I have three siblings who live in Calgary, so they will have to do the heavy lifting, but I’m night-nurse for my uncooperative Dad here in week one. Sigh. I already can’t wait to leave and get back to my life....there’s reasons I live 3,000 km away from this family-of-origin dynamic!

Sorry to hear this. Toronto and Calgary are really far apart. I'm in Vancouver Island now... moved from Winnipeg...for the same reason you mentioned.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    @Beeps2011 - Good on ya' for helping out your parents, even when they are uncooperative. Try to enjoy your time with them.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    I took all of 2018 off from lifting, and so far in 2019 have been doing entire body every workout. Consequently, never more than 3-4 sets for legs at a time.

Today was my first "leg day" of switching back to parts, and knocked out 14 sets for legs. Stairs this evening have already been fun...tomorrow will be more so!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
    9 1/2 hours till VACATION!!!!!!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,935 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your well-wishes.

My parents will fully recover! My Dad was discharged Day One and I am staying at his house and being totally dragged into he11 as there is one dr appt after another after another.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that news Beeps. I've been in a similar situation. Sending positive vibes to you.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    First full week of my "new" routine now that I'm in a "real" gym again (rather than our complex fitness center). Everything is feeling it a little bit, some muscles more than others, but enjoying the workouts none the less! Liking the atmosphere too - small gym, but they have what I need, and it's pretty quiet, but enough people you don't feel like you're there alone, but not so many where you're really having to wait for anything much, either.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    First full week of my "new" routine now that I'm in a "real" gym again (rather than our complex fitness center). Everything is feeling it a little bit, some muscles more than others, but enjoying the workouts none the less! Liking the atmosphere too - small gym, but they have what I need, and it's pretty quiet, but enough people you don't feel like you're there alone, but not so many where you're really having to wait for anything much, either.

Sounds a lot like me. Just left Planet Fitness about 3 weeks ago and went to a small gym close to home, hardly anybody there, even been alone several times. Plenty of equipment and getting a better workout.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Chest-shoulders-tris today.

Was pleasantly surprised how well my legs responded to my first "leg day" in a while. Sore, sure, and a touch of stiffness, but never enough of either to prevent me from being able to walk normally or navigate stairs, as had sometimes happened back in my younger days when I really killed it. Perhaps I'm finally learning to train without destroying myself.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest, tris and a little bit of legs at the gym.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Back and bis today. Legs would be normally scheduled for tomorrow, but it's Sunday so normally the answer would be no, but it's ending daylight savings time so the final answer is we'll see.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Focus T25 Speed 3.0=Done.
    Stairclimber @21 minutes then legs and back at the gym.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids, hope all is well. My squat depth is getting better. My coach has a ball on the floor and my butt has to touch it. For the last week my program is inundated with squats. I'm trying various ways to deadlift and it appears my form and heavier lifts is much better with sumo with a overhand and underhand grip. My next goal is a unassisted pull up.

Beeps I'm sorry about your parents. Sending you a big hug.

Enjoy the rest of your day kids.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done! with Vest & Sandbags!!!