JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a decent day yesterday, first day back at work was not too bad. I felt like snacking late afternoon but managed to resist and wait until dinner. Quite pleased about that!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat* :)
    - Stick to pre-logged food :)
    - No alcohol* >:)Decided to have a couple of G&T with the Bake Off. That's two units I can't drink later this week then!
    - 4+ bottles water :smile:

- No eating while standing :smiley:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:

- 45+ minute lunch break :neutral:
    - Finish work by 6.30pm :smile:

- Do some prep for job application :smiley:
    - Read some research magazine :smile:
    - Check for insurance email :smile:
    - Bake Off! :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/Fell asleep beforehand. Probably need to do this earlier
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today will be tricky as we have company away day which means free lunch (and possibly snacks outside that) followed by pub trip. I have a plan for what to eat during the day (hopefully this will be available) and decided what time I'm going to leave the pub. I WILL stick to this plan.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat*
    - Stick to pre-logged food and drink
    - 3 G&T only in pub
    - 4+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Leave pub by 6.30pm
    - Email car company
    - Read up about company for job application
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 , that is a great list for 2019, you have achieved a lot!

JFT Tuesday 29th October

Back exercises yes, but only one full set
    Do not buy chocolate none bought, and there was plenty on the shelves :)
    Gratitude yes, I have a lovely family, my son and his partner include me in grandson's life all the time
    No snacking no, although family brought apple pie with them when visiting
    Some housework, anything! little bit
    Pay car insurance no
    Half an hour in the garden? no, no time

Another lovely frosty day, so cheerful.

JFT Wednesday 30th October

Back exercises
    Do not buy chocolate
    Gratitude
    No snacking
    Pay car insurance!
    Walk

Having friends to visit tonight for a birthday celebration. Will be restrained and not overeat :)

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 30/10 180 -1lbs

Not doing well with this challenge. At least it's not going up.
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I’ve been off for a few days, on a business trip. Overall, a good trip, though an idiot rear ended me on the way down on I95 so I need to deal with that. The extra time for the accident caused me to have less time catching up with a friend for dinner before my business stuff started.
    Overall, I did a lot of walking in the city, had very nice weather. Didn’t eat all that well, and the scale shows it. Back to the normal routine.

JFT 10/30
    Catch up on work
    Practice presentation
    Make soup
    Exercise
    Track
    Stretch

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@cschmitz110515 those pictures are gorgeous!!

@chemjenny so sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you're ok!

Yesterday 10/29:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😁
    3. Walk dogs😁
    4. Do a load of laundry😁
    5. Do not let stress take over😁

JFT 10/30:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Walk dogs
    4. Lay out clothes for tomorrow
    5. Do not let stress take over
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Trying to get back into the swing of things. It's hard to start small when you can see so much you need to change. Monday and Tuesday I work later, so I'm looking forward to being done at a more reasonable hour tonight to tackle some things I've been unable to do. This includes LAUNDRY MOUNTAIN, so wish me luck. I'm realizing more and more that, although I do waste time during the week, more often I have too much I expect of myself. That is the bigger problem. Trying to prioritize too much will never work, but I keep getting caught in that cycle.
    @AJB1014 and @Faebert check out all those checks and smileys! So inspiring!
    @HEGoddard0928 Take my oft-unfollowed advice and take care of yourself. It's easy to overdo it and then feel guilty for falling behind. Be kind to yourself.

Yesterday:
    log 3x a week ✅
    post on JFT 3x a week ✅ ✅ ✅
    80 oz. water ✅
    bed at 9, lights out 9:30 X-got lost in the YouTube wormhole

JFT:
    log 3x a week ✅
    post on JFT 3x a week ✅ ✅ ✅
    80 oz. water ✅
    laundry mountain
    call 2 friends back
    bed at 9, lights out 9:30

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Pay phone bill.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Check with library - print? Print presentation checklists / rubrics.
    3. Class 1: Presentations.
    4. Class 2-3: Cart. Update and print drafts. Check with students about summer project revision - due Monday. Update class websites. Return emails.
    5. Planning: Call parents if students have not returned PRs. Work on open enrollment. Call to check on fine - fee for using card? What assessments for Machiavelli?
    6. Lifting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner with parents.
    8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. Call to check on fine - fee for using card?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.7

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all late checking in but I’m here and still going! Had a run this morning to meet my October mileage goal but my gosh it hurt! I’ve decided not to set a November goal for running as I want to prioritise strength training before the op. Hopefully a bit of rest tonight should ease the pain so I can do my warrior class in the morning...

Tuesday goals recap:
    morning workout ✅
    Pack snack and running bag ✅
    Run to work ✅
    Email parent re logins ✅
    Call hospital to check timings ✅
    Run home for car and shake ✅
    Finalise timings for P sleepover ✅
    Grocery shopping on way home ✅
    Online shopping ❎
    Muscle relax bath✅
    Lay out running kit❎
    Bed by 9:30❎

Goals for Wednesday:
    morning run ✅ 10k/6.39m
    Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    Early to work - staff choir ✅
    Check in on L ✅
    Get kids to sort Halloween plans
    Home lunchtime for car and shake
    Prep for Thursday cover teacher
    Leave by 5
    Prep gym kit/pack bag for the morning
    Bed by 9:30
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Recap T 10/29 ~ Haven't seen dog limping yesterday or today, hopefully she's healing. No dog walk this a.m.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit battery died at end of evening, so not sure all steps counted. 9,773 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 45 floors (see #4) :)
    2) Have meals & snacks planned in my head so prelog / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals green 26 :mrgreen: , sodium -688, sugar -29 (fruits, veggies, 1 peanut butter cup), fiber excellent, protein good, 15c water :mrgreen:
    3) Really... prep for observation of GA-R(ROP) = :smiley: and cont'd to clear Inbox
    4) Evening to-do's: refilled heated & other birdbaths; carried in 18 gallon jugs of rain water & stored in basement (lots of help w/ Fitbit steps & floors); folded hubby's work shirts & my workout shirts; all clean laundry upstairs; shopped online (Packers Pro Shop & took advantage of bday month discount); scheduled Home Depot cc pmt; reviewed flagged emails; washed piles of dishes; reviewed cards box for J's bday card; baited & set 2 mouse traps in garage by birdseed containers (good thing ~ have 1 dead mouse this morning); charged Fitbit
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 nearly ~ 9:05 calling that a win :D / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 :s nope ~ stayed up to watch game 6 of MLB World Series + other (x-train W a.m. before work)

JFT W 10/30
    1) Move hourly / pace during webinar at 11:00 / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Prelog meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Complete reformatting of workpapers (how do office people not know Word features?) / review ROP / print observation & interview checklists
    4) To-do's: prep small crockpot & sheet pan for R / put away clean dishes / write thank yous (overdue) & J's bday card / bait & set another mouse trap
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & tv off as soon as game ends (walk R a.m. if dog ok & weather permits or x-train)

Another morning when I skipped walk/workout. Tbh, I was so busy & active the past two evenings, plus this past weekend with yardwork, I feel like I'm not getting enough rest. So it is what it is. I will set early alarm for tomorrow.

Tonight I am indulging in my birthday spa package, paid courtesy of hubby <3 . He doesn't know what to buy me anymore (I feel the same about him lol), so he offered to pay, because he knows I always take advantage of this spa special. Can't wait!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔
    2. Only 2 pieces of candy ✔
    3. Pack soup to bring to work ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Run dish washer ✔
    6. Water!!! ✔
    7. Bed by 930 ✔

JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch
    2. Only 2 pieces of candy
    3. Hospital tour
    4. OB at 7
    5. Water!!!
    6. Pack lunches for tomorrow
    7. Bed by 9:30
    8. Reasonable dinner, figure out if going home before OB/hospital or Not?
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've been reading and keeping up, but haven't had a lot of time to reply or post my goals. Seems like by the time I get caught up, I have to log off! But I want you to know that I've been here. I had a bunch of replies typed out yesterday on my phone and *poof* they disappeared! I was pretty pissed because I didn't have time to retype it.

This is my attempt to reply to a few things

@cschmitz110515 I loved the pics you posted. I actually took pics of our trees and the trees on our street also on my way to work because it looked so darn pretty to have that dusting of snow covering the beautiful bright colored leaves on the trees. I am not a fan of winter, but I do think the first snowfalls are really pretty!

I don't remember who was talking about using a harness to walk their dogs (maybe auby and Carmella?), but I wanted to add that using a harness on my Maddie makes a world of difference! It's like walking a whole different dog. She still tries to pull a bit (and she lies down flat on the ground if I try to make her pass up a really good stinky smell) but she is a million times easier to walk with the harness! I'd highly recommend it,

@bookmeister86 LOVE the photo of you in front of the volcano! You are centered just perfectly. Haha! So you went to Sicily this time? OMG, the travels you all do over there just make me want to live there too! I can only dream of seeing Ireland, Scotland, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Skye..... *sigh* :smile: I live vicariously through you!

@jeschepp I am so happy to see you back! It is overwhelming, isn't it? I know in my previous job, back in 2017, I was so overwhelmed at work that it spilled over into my home life, my health, my family, my joy, my peace of mind... it was hard to figure out what to do first. Can I just suggest that maybe you pick one goal for your body (perhaps drinking water or taking a walk) and one goal for your peace of mind to start with? I did that because I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel and didn't know WHAT the heck to do anymore! So, I tried a few things...I started a Gratitude journal, in which I listed before bed every night 5 things I was grateful for that day. Sometimes I had to really dig deep and wrote things like hot water, electricity, warm bed, etc. Some days even if I had a horribly stressful day, I listed that I was grateful to have a job, grateful to have health insurance from that job, etc. I found that the more I focused on good things, the easier it was to fall asleep at night. Another thing I did was download the Calm app and took 10 to 15 minutes to listen to a meditation each day or evening. The more I worked toward finding balance in my life, the easier it was to add other healthy habits. Does that even make sense? I'm know I'm rambling again. I am still working on losing weight, but I haven't given up! I truly believe our body, mind and soul all have to be in harmony to feel really healthy! Sorry for the novel, but it felt cathartic to remind myself how far I've come too. lol!

P.S. The book "Beck's Diet Solution" has a really good small step approach to getting healthy. I don't know if you remember @mytime6630 and @bookmeister86 talking about that book? It's another good place to start! :smile:

To the rest of my JFT family, I know I had things written to many of you, but I'm just not remembering what right now. HUGS 'n Love to all! :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 184.2 -4.2 Sooo close! :smiley:
    GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

Just for Wednesday:
    • Only eat between the hours of 10:00/10:30a and 6:00/6:30p
    • No sugar/no flour/no dairy
    • Log every bite
    • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down
    • Drink 80+ oz of water

• Update the letter template by end of day
    • Get my To-Do folder caught up by end of day
    • Finish up my NVT's for new version of Epic
    • Scheduling rounding and meetings

• Walk dog / Leslie Sansone video / Dance Groove - pick one and do it!
    • 20 minutes of strength training (I've never done this so not sure what i will do yet...google something?)

• Set coffeemaker for tomorrow morning. Pack tomorrow's lunch. Pre-journal tomorrow's food except dinner. Set out tomorrow's work clothes.
    • Bedtime routine, gratitude journal, JM or DO reading & Simple Abundance, Calm app & then read mystery. Lights out at 10:30.

WOY 2019: TENACITY -- I will NOT give up!
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Faebert When is your surgery? You are going to do great, being in such good shape!

@HEGoddard0928 So happy to see you! Was just going to send you a private message to make sure you were okay!

@Snowflake1968 Good luck at your craft shows! My husband is going to be in his first one this weekend and i'm nervous for him. :mrgreen:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    29/10: CW: 151.6 - 4.4 🌻

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,000+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation;; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Wed 30 Oct
    Goals: 🌻 2000 steps above daily goal!
    Activities:
    • grocery shopping ✅
    • Accounts Plant up tulips/daffodils✅
    JFT: Thu 31 Oct
    Goals:
    Activities
    • 10.15am: Dance Party
    • 1.30pm: Meet & Greet at Monthly Meeting
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,336 Member
    Options

@chemjenny Sorry to hear that you got rear-ended. Hope you weren’t badly injured. Go to the doctor if you can. Sometimes it takes a day or two for injuries to show up.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,799 Member
    Options

5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 187.4
    Loss - 3.8

JFT - Tuesday Oct 29
    2L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday October 30
    2l of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude Journal

I am so late writing goals that I probably shouldn’t bother, but I have them in my head all day and I want to keep the routine up.

I worked in the Early Bird Cafe at work this morning. I think I’ll be part of a meeting that will set up some new processes for there that will make it easier for us to get 20 or so residents fed in the time they demand but still have a restaurant feel.

I have made my costume for the Halloween festivities tomorrow. We as a leadership team are dressing up and will be judged by the residents. Then I’m the afternoon the neighbouring elementary school will be doing a costume parade and the residents will be handing out treats for them. We are expecting 300 students.

I am going as a bubble gum machine. I will post a pic tomorrow of my costume.

So sorry I have not had a chance to comment I have been reading but finding time so hard to come by.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. GET BOOKS. Print speech.
    3. Class 1: Writing prompt: Do students really need 13 years of public education? Why or why not? Present speech! Read intro; write answers to SG questions, then discuss.
    4. Class 2-3: Presentations. Update class websites. Return emails.
    5. Planning: Call parents if students have not returned PRs. Work on open enrollment. Work on Malala plans. What assessments for Machiavelli?
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school: 3 miles. Dinner: Pizza.
    8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads. Weigh and prep celery. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. Call to check on fine - fee for using card?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.7

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I woke up ridiculously early. Yesterday my students told me that I should write an essay like I made them, so that's what I spent my morning time doing: research on a political candidate. Whee! (Actually it WAS pretty interesting.)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I need to be quick and get ready so I can prepare my costume, I'm going as a Ouija board LOL.

Happy Halloween!!!!

Yesterday 10/30:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:20😔
    3. Walk dogs😔
    4. Lay out clothes for tomorrow😁
    5. Do not let stress take over😔

JFT 10/31:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Cook dinner
    4. Clean kitchen