The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    DanR486 wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »

I feel your pain and haven't found anything natural to help...I usually take 1-2 Benadryl at night
    It stinks..Im a super super light sleeper and can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours..Ive tried yoga, no caffeine exc in the morning and at night....nothing helps

The only things that have really helped me are valerian, and sometimes CBD oil. I try to avoid the latter because a few of the brands might as well be snake oil.

I'm naturally a night owl anyway, but I know what you mean, a week or so without sleeping properly and your brain is all 'WTF? why are you doing this to me. I quit!' and you're basically a zombie.

Have you tried avoiding screens for an hour or so before bed? No phones, computers, MyFitnessPal etc. I know it's hard, but, just read a book instead - you surely can go for an hour without looking at peoples' Facebook selfies that took 43 attempts, or reading some lame Twitter frenzy about how Kim K is getting implants or something. You'll feel better for it.

Thanks..some really good points :)
    I only have FB...don't have instagram and even FB is getting old....Im on less and less and posting less as well
    I have been guilty of watching TV before bed but just picked up a new book. My plan is 30-60min before bed to try reading and hopefully quiet my mind
    Wish me luck
    kim
  • kimber0607
    Options
    Happy Halloween all..../crazy..its my son's 16th bday!
    The weather here is awful..feel bad for the little kids..trick or treaters....
  • goldshirt9
    goldshirt9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    54 and counting, do as much as i can when the body allows
    cycling + running + walking
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    17brianb wrote: »
    r5w8gry553iq.jpeg
    Fall in Western New York is beautiful this year. Carving pumpkins on a damp cool day is perfect for a pot of Chili. Going to have to ignore the calories for these occasions. Hope everyone is having a fabulous Halloween Week!!47sioaqwdgul.jpeg

Oh I love chilli in the winter!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween everyone, trick or treater coming in droves such fun. We are having our party late this year not till Sunday due to sons work evening shifts, hope everyone has a lovely time.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Halloween is not all that big in South Africa. We are more hyped about the rugby on Saturday. My kids' school has a fun run this Saturday with the rugby showing in the art class afterwards! I may even put off my studying for that
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Morning! Happy Friday! Yay for Halloween candy, boo for Halloween candy! 34 degrees, snow flurries and 30 mph winds last night. Only had about 30 kids, WAY too much left over candy! Anybody want some so I don't eat it all?
  • kimber0607
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Halloween!! I've been making spooky treats for our neighbour's pre trick or treating party all day. Now if it would just stop raining 5r1jd8eaxgd7.jpg
    1u2vbj990vy7.jpg

very cool! I hope the weather cleared up :)

So my 14yr old decided last minute trick or treating wasn't so bad and had to scramble for a quick last minute costume...She threw on her red lifeguard sweatshirt and sunglasses...I guess it was good enough because she came home with a truck load of candy
    My son and I went out for his bday for wings..his fav!
    Came home for cake...both kids have Halloween parties tonight and my son is celebrating with friends on Saturday...think they are hanging her and ordering Chinese food...but who knows maybe w teen alters something better will come along

anyone have exciting weekend plans?

• clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Friday
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween!! I've been making spooky treats for our neighbour's pre trick or treating party all day. Now if it would just stop raining 5r1jd8eaxgd7.jpg
    1u2vbj990vy7.jpg

very cool! I hope the weather cleared up :)

So my 14yr old decided last minute trick or treating wasn't so bad and had to scramble for a quick last minute costume...She threw on her red lifeguard sweatshirt and sunglasses...I guess it was good enough because she came home with a truck load of candy
    My son and I went out for his bday for wings..his fav!
    Came home for cake...both kids have Halloween parties tonight and my son is celebrating with friends on Saturday...think they are hanging her and ordering Chinese food...but who knows maybe w teen alters something better will come along

anyone have exciting weekend plans?

The weather got worse!!! Me boy lasted about half an hour and we have tons of leftover candy

Sounds like a fun weekend

We were to go for dinner tomorrow and the boy have a sleepover with Grandma but Sunday I'd have no way of picking him up. So we're just gonna visit grandma. Wild times. Oh we have a school open house too. One we're considering for the boy for next year
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I love how whoever created this thread relegates everyone in their 30's as being "middle aged".....lol...I'm only 33, and I'm far from middle aged. 33 is not middle aged, dog gone it! I'm only 3 years outside of my 20's, for pete's sake. That said, anyone reading this, please feel free to add me!

This. I'm 34, I'm not middle aged yet!! But also, count me in and feel free to add me too. :p
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    I avoided Halloween completely by going to a climbing gym last night. They didn't do anything for it, although there were a few decent new routes so I was happy. (I got back to mine at 11 pm, too late for trick or treaters.)

I'm off for a cheeky scuba dive over the weekend - almost certainly the last of the year.

• wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Happy November everyone. I'll be 40 in 3 weeks, and I am surprisingly kind of looking forward to it. :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    Happy November everyone. I'll be 40 in 3 weeks, and I am surprisingly kind of looking forward to it. :)

40 is awesome we'll welcome you when you make it there. It's really not bad at all
  • wmd1979
    wmd1979 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

40 is awesome we'll welcome you when you make it there. It's really not bad at all

Thank you, I appreciate it. My goal is to be in the best shape of my life at 40, and I have been working hard towards that. I am excited to see what my 40s will bring.
  • kimber0607
    Options

40 was a cake walk..I actually think I was feeling (looking) my best from 37-40ish
    Now over 45 is another story..LOL
  • kimber0607
    Options

Happy 'almost' Bday
  • AliNouveau
    Options

40 was a cake walk..I actually think I was feeling (looking) my best from 37-40ish
    Now over 45 is another story..LOL

Other than my stupid shoulder surgery I'm not minding post 45 either.