Weight has plateaued.

Options
13»

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I am a modestly complicated case and it's still really NBD and still really just a pill at the same time every day, plus routine checks to make sure it's still doing it's job (mine are annual unless I am suspicious.). Just pay attention to your body and report any suspicious activity to your doctor. The more you track, the better diagnostic data you can provide your doctor. I really love how *easy* my fitness tracker and MFP have made all of that in the last 10 years. I don't have to try and figure out when I went to bed each night. I can print out several graphs of the last 90 days with ease. Same for my foods and calories and workouts. It almost feels like cheating.

You don't have to figure this out yourself. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and get the people you *pay for exactly this* to figure it out for you. It is entirely possible that "normal" can feel way better than you're used to, so make *that* your goal.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

DO NOT FALL DOWN THE WEBMD HOLE. YOU WILL END UP WITH NIGHTMARES ABOUT TOE CANCER AND ZOMBIE FUNGUS.

<3

And remember to breathe.

THIS. I have a close relative whose life is a complete hypochondriacal mess after years of reading WebMD. She convinced herself that a swollen ankle on a hot summer day was heart failure, and a mole was cancer, and she had vertigo and a definitive diagnosis for gout, the last one being so absolutely certain that instead of going to the dr to get it checked out she simply called in asking for the gout medication.

Upon actually going to a doctor, it turned out she had none of those things. Not one.

The problem with WebMD is that almost every symptom can be an indicator of almost any medical condition, so when you do a search on "stomach pain" you get a list of 200 possible causes, and some of them sound really, really bad. Before the Internet, people would take a chug of Pepto Bismol and see how they felt over the next few days.

Ironically, the Internet has made it more important than ever to stop self-diagnosing and see an actual doctor if you think there's a problem.