Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Well done, @eleanorhawkins !!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Great job on your Spartan race. Wow, 6 Spartans this year! You rock!

@eleanorhawkins very well done on your race too!
  • Tramboman
    Options
    11-1 7k slow
    11-2 7k slow
    11-3 8k for @MobyCarp

November Total: 22k
    November Goal: 135k

January Total: 131k
    February Total: 159.5k
    March Total: 183k
    April Total: 126k
    May Total: 128k
    June Total: 161.5k
    July Total: 151k
    August Total: 133k
    September Total: 135k
    October Total: 115k

2019 Total through October: 1,423k / 882.26m

Monthly average: 142.3k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races. Completed 8-31
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k. Nope...
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen - Completed 9-28

Got in my 8k for @MobyCarp; took me a little more than an hour. Couldn't help thinking just how helpful he was to me personally and to everyone else participating in the monthly challenges.

2020 goals:

Continue a 5k regimen.
    Train better.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K - 31:12 chip time; First Place male 65 and older
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5K - 31:34 chip time; 31/77 overall; second male 65 and older (no official category)
    7-27 Solon Home Days 5K - 31:11 chip time; 95/141 overall; 4/6 age group (male)
    8-31 Race for Freedom 5k - 31:39 chip time; 32:00 Garmin time; Third Place male 60 and older
    9-14 Gift of Life 5k - off the schedule; insufficient recovery time
    10-13 Haunted Hustle 5k - 31:22 chip time; 47/74 overall; First Place male 60 and older
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,539 Member
    Options
    My weekend plans went as expected. My parkrun on Saturday was my first at Eastbourne, managed a PB though with only 11 runs this millenia it wasn't much to write home about. Sunday was my 'long-run' according to my training plan though 1 hr 20 is nothing for you guys. Managed 12.4k which give me hope 15k is possible next Saturday in the Poppy Appeal race.

My biggest issue is, for the second week running, I found myself back home after 3/4 mile needing the toilet and having to start again. I have got to figure this one out.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 love the pictures - looks like a great place to hike/run to me. Not sure about that rhino though... :)

• PastorVincent
    Options
    Well done @eleanorhawkins and that was awful huge of you to help that other lady out like that.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Good job on your race! It was nice of you to try to help that lady out

@Kristymn Great job with your race! Congrats on the age group placement!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Nice work on the PR @zeesparrow!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @martaindale cool! I want to do a Disney race someday when I have money for the trip/etc.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    @martaindale cool! I want to do a Disney race someday when I have money for the trip/etc.

This was my second. I did the Star Wars 5k with my daughter when my husband did his first half a couple years ago. Would highly recommend!
    I see you're planning for the Dopey challenge. That is quite a feat! I hope you get to do it one day!!
  • PastorVincent
    edited November 2019
    Options

This was my second. I did the Star Wars 5k with my daughter when my husband did his first half a couple years ago. Would highly recommend!
    I see you're planning for the Dopey challenge. That is quite a feat! I hope you get to do it one day!!

Thanks! Really only a few thousand dollars stands between me and doing it right now :)
  • Tramboman
    Options
    Great half, @martaindale !!!