November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Morning all! Slept really bad last night but feel OK.

Met up the team now at 4am, who started at 8pm last night, and have lost a team member! So I'm starting with 6.7k walk, then will have an hr rest, then 9.4k run, then another hr rest, then 6.6k walk/run.

Pumped!

WOOT! Go get'em!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I could run tonight, and easily reach my goal, but instead we're celebrating.
    1ipitserjz4b.jpg

My son had a phenomenal game as goalkeeper and came up with some huge saves. We played last year's state champions. The game was tied 2-2 after regulation. We scored the winning goal with just 11 seconds left in the second overtime period. After that it would have been a shootout to determine the winner.

Congratulations!!!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Met up the team now at 4am, who started at 8pm last night, and have lost a team member! So I'm starting with 6.7k walk, then will have an hr rest, then 9.4k run, then another hr rest, then 6.6k walk/run.

Pumped!

Have a great three legs!!!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options

Pumped!

You go girl!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Go @Avidkeo GO!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    FITBIT USERS:

Umm, resistance is futile:

Google just bought Fitbit:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/google-buys-fitbit-news/

I’m going to have to ponder this. I’ve been in the Fitbit platform for many years just as a walker. I upgraded to a Fitbit with a HR sensor in April and was still finishing up c25k at that time. I’ve been watching my cardio fitness score on Fitbit improve as I’ve continued to train (and continued to lose weight.). But now that I’m training more seriously I’ve been considering Garmin. I want the cadence that Fitbit doesn’t track. But I don’t want to give up being competitive with my sister on the Fitbit platform. So far, sibling competitiveness has outweighed the Garmin features. But if the Fitbit platform changes in a way that makes it no longer fun to crush my sister’s step goal, I’m out.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @avidkeo - Good luck with your relay and have fun!!
    @pastorvincent - personally I would take an Uber from the finish to get to the start if the race doesn't provide any transportation. That serves 2 purposes - a) you don't have to get so cold walking and b) you don't have to go so early. If you don't have an old throw away jacket or sweatshirt like @Teresa502 mentioned I would use a large trash bag. It is amazing how warm they will keep you and they keep the wind out.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @pastorvincent - personally I would take an Uber from the finish to get to the start if the race doesn't provide any transportation. That serves 2 purposes - a) you don't have to get so cold walking and b) you don't have to go so early. If you don't have an old throw away jacket or sweatshirt like @Teresa502 mentioned I would use a large trash bag. It is amazing how warm they will keep you and they keep the wind out.

Hmm an uber. Maybe. But it might be surge pricing or whatever it is called. It is like a 25 min or so walk. There is a shuttle from Finish to start, but it will not start running until about an hour after the race starts. I wish they had just set up a loop like any reasonable race so that start/finish were the same or at least close.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Cool race! Good luck, you go this:)

@7lenny7! Congratulations to your son, way to go! P.S. I get tired and in jaw dropping awe at your race schedule.

11/1 6.2 Miles

Started Nov great. Was in shorts and tank yesterday and long tights and half zip and gloves today. A temp drop of over 30 degrees from yesterday (73F at start) and today (41F at start). Will taper I'm sure for the week as I fly out tomorrow. Hoping to get at least 5K on Sunday for @MobyCarp run. They do have a board walk about 1.2 miles, so I can do that a 2 or 3 times hopefully! And back in shorts and tank! HA.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

Hmm an uber. Maybe. But it might be surge pricing or whatever it is called. It is like a 25 min or so walk. There is a shuttle from Finish to start, but it will not start running until about an hour after the race starts. I wish they had just set up a loop like any reasonable race so that start/finish were the same or at least close.
    You'd think they'd do a shuttle before the race for the runners. But maybe the available buses all fell into that sinkhole!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

You'd think they'd do a shuttle before the race for the runners. But maybe the available buses all fell into that sinkhole!

Maybe! That sinkhole is ON THE RACE ROUTE. In fact, it is pretty close to the finish line. :smiley: