• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    That was fantastic @emmamcgarity
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RunsOnEspresso - I hope the ankle is nothing serious. It does sound like your pup is making progress though. I do wonder about where you run and why there is so much food on the ground 🥴 I mean we occasionally will see a small trail of crackers (gold fish typically) or something like that from little kids but I think the birds and squirrels carry it all away pretty quickly.
    @RunsOnEspresso I was just about to offer my condolences and well-wishes about your ankle, and ask the same question about why there's so much food laying around where you run! But @shanaber has beat me to it. Seriously, I hope your ankle is ok.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity WOW! Great race and a great time!

@RunsOnEspresso oh no, your poor leg, hope it isn’t serious. I’m also wondering where you run that so many people leave food on the ground.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Oh, my previous 10 mile PR was 1:27:something. So yeah. That happened. :)
    Admittedly I was stalking Strava today to see how your race turned out. Great race report! I love the themed miles! Congrats on your PR!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Oh, my previous 10 mile PR was 1:27:something. So yeah. That happened. :)
    Admittedly I was stalking Strava today to see how your race turned out. Great race report! I love the themed miles! Congrats on your PR!

Thanks! I know we are a group of stalkers. :smiley: Creepy in any other scenario though! LOL!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity and @PastorVincent I saw both of your great races on Strava this morning! Great job both of you on getting PRs.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Amazing PRs! Kudos to Kristi too! Also, in the pic where you are holding up your medal your fingers look the normal color, so I assume no problems on that front despite the cold.
  • PastorVincent
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @PastorVincent Amazing PRs! Kudos to Kristi too! Also, in the pic where you are holding up your medal your fingers look the normal color, so I assume no problems on that front despite the cold.

Thanks!

I had my heat factory gloves and hand warmers. I got them started while still in the warm Jeep and was able to stay just ahead of the cooling the entire race. Had it been a full marathon it probably would not have gone as well, but only 10 miles I was able to manage it.

Thanks @kgirlhart !
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @PastorVincent and Kristi!!! Nothing like a double PR in a tough race!!!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Congratulations, @PastorVincent and Kristi!!! Nothing like a double PR in a tough race!!!

Thanks!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Great race @emmamcgarity ! Congratulations on that awesome improvement!!!

@RunsOnEspresso Hope your ankle is okay and that your dog didn't eat anything that would make her sick.

Congratulations on your awesome race @PastorVincent and Kristi! Great race report. I had to laugh at you picking up the hat, thinking that you had dropped it. :lol:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @shanaber @polskagirl01 @rheddmobile I run through our neighborhood. Earlier this summer it was chicken bones everywhere (which I know are super bad for dogs so that was fun). I also have to be careful of broken glass. People in Phoenix are apparently very trashy. I always think I could fill so many bags if I ever did plogging (wearing gloves of course). We have no squirrels. Mostly only pigeons.

Ankle is already feeling better. I think it's just sensitive to quick movements still.

Erf. Slobs. Well glad to hear your ankle is not serious at least.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,444 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity, @PastorVincent , and Kristi Huge Kudos and big Congratulations for your PRs!!! All of really CRUSHED your previous times. Great race reports!