Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Last film you saw...

Replies

• karlschaefferkarlschaeffer Member Posts: 1,261 Member Member Posts: 1,261 Member
    Double feature at home:
    Toy Story 4
    Zombieland
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,907 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,907 Member
  • jjpptt2jjpptt2 Member Posts: 4,919 Member Member Posts: 4,919 Member
    The new Lion King.

Meh. Everything that I liked about the first one was lost with the remake when they changed voices/actors/singers.
  • 777Gemma888777Gemma888 Member Posts: 9,522 Member Member Posts: 9,522 Member
    Trying to see if I can watch Harriet tonight. Didn't expect earlier showings to be sold out .

I couldn't help but marvel at her strength, bravery, faith ... Her achieved feats for one so small ... Her trust in other people ... The sheer lack of urgency from the moment she'd decided to escape was both frustrating and novel.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,217 Member Member Posts: 4,217 Member
    The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind. Based on a true story. Would recommend. 5💫 from me 👍
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 1,925 Member Member Posts: 1,925 Member
    Just binged The Vietnam War PBS documentary. They should make kids watch it at school and for anyone thinking of joining the military. Such a pointless war but we see the same mistakes being made to this day. It was also refreshing that they gave considerable camera time to North Vietnamese vets and showed their perspective.

edited November 2019
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,936 Member Member Posts: 7,936 Member
    Just binged The Vietnam War PBS documentary. They should make kids watch it at school and for anyone thinking of joining the military. Such a pointless war but we see the same mistakes being made to this day. It was also refreshing that they gave considerable camera time to North Vietnamese vets and showed their perspective.

Pretty much all Ken Burns documentaries are amazing. Have you seen his others?
  • melasenciomelasencio Member Posts: 186 Member Member Posts: 186 Member
    Not another teen movie!
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 1,925 Member Member Posts: 1,925 Member

No, I don’t think I have. Gotta check out more now. Just reading up on it, it took more than 10 years to make The Vietnam War. That’s some dedication to your craft right there!
    edited November 2019
  • flotek72flotek72 Member Posts: 498 Member Member Posts: 498 Member
    Nightmare on Elm Street 5
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,187 Member Member Posts: 2,187 Member
    The Hustle with Jane Hathaway and Rebel Wilson
  • _Miss_chievous__Miss_chievous_ Member Posts: 2,765 Member Member Posts: 2,765 Member
  • karlschaefferkarlschaeffer Member Posts: 1,261 Member Member Posts: 1,261 Member
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. That poor girl shot her self all because of that damn President Pierce.

The Christmas Chronicles. Kurt Russell channels Elvis as Santa.

The Highwaymen. Woody and Costner are great.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 7,936 Member Member Posts: 7,936 Member

No, I don’t think I have. Gotta check out more now. Just reading up on it, it took more than 10 years to make The Vietnam War. That’s some dedication to your craft right there!

Oh man, his ones on WWII, baseball and the national parks are great! Even his more minor documentaries are well worth watching.
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. That poor girl shot her self all because of that damn President Pierce.

Oh man, I really enjoyed The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Didn't think I would at first, but I quickly fell into it. Really fun film.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 4,010 Member Member Posts: 4,010 Member
    Spare parts. Loved it!

Oh man, I really enjoyed The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Didn't think I would at first, but I quickly fell into it. Really fun film.

I agree with you on Buster Scruggs. Definitely thought provoking.

• FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,217 Member Member Posts: 4,217 Member
    In the tall grass

Followed by the descent part 2
  • mommabear4315mommabear4315 Member Posts: 3,389 Member Member Posts: 3,389 Member
    Doctor sleep and it was pretty good.
  • SpinforCalsSpinforCals Member Posts: 67 Member Member Posts: 67 Member