Zombieland
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member

1c3fsnl1kt56.jpeg
    (1944)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    The new Lion King.

Meh. Everything that I liked about the first one was lost with the remake when they changed voices/actors/singers.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Trying to see if I can watch Harriet tonight. Didn't expect earlier showings to be sold out .

https://youtu.be/GqoEs4cG6Uw

I couldn't help but marvel at her strength, bravery, faith ... Her achieved feats for one so small ... Her trust in other people ... The sheer lack of urgency from the moment she'd decided to escape was both frustrating and novel.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just binged The Vietnam War PBS documentary. They should make kids watch it at school and for anyone thinking of joining the military. Such a pointless war but we see the same mistakes being made to this day. It was also refreshing that they gave considerable camera time to North Vietnamese vets and showed their perspective.

https://youtu.be/G9pIuCu-YpM
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Just binged The Vietnam War PBS documentary. They should make kids watch it at school and for anyone thinking of joining the military. Such a pointless war but we see the same mistakes being made to this day. It was also refreshing that they gave considerable camera time to North Vietnamese vets and showed their perspective.

Pretty much all Ken Burns documentaries are amazing. Have you seen his others?
  • melasencio
    melasencio Posts: 185 Member
    Not another teen movie!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited November 2019

No, I don’t think I have. Gotta check out more now. Just reading up on it, it took more than 10 years to make The Vietnam War. That’s some dedication to your craft right there!
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Nightmare on Elm Street 5
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    The Hustle with Jane Hathaway and Rebel Wilson
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    x8o1r5pf2e30.jpg
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. That poor girl shot her self all because of that damn President Pierce.

The Christmas Chronicles. Kurt Russell channels Elvis as Santa.

The Highwaymen. Woody and Costner are great.
  • KosmosKitten

No, I don’t think I have. Gotta check out more now. Just reading up on it, it took more than 10 years to make The Vietnam War. That’s some dedication to your craft right there!

Oh man, his ones on WWII, baseball and the national parks are great! Even his more minor documentaries are well worth watching.
  • KosmosKitten
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. That poor girl shot her self all because of that damn President Pierce.

Oh man, I really enjoyed The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Didn't think I would at first, but I quickly fell into it. Really fun film.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Spare parts. Loved it!
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member

Oh man, I really enjoyed The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Didn't think I would at first, but I quickly fell into it. Really fun film.

I agree with you on Buster Scruggs. Definitely thought provoking.

• mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Doctor sleep and it was pretty good.
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Midway
  • DanielJFitness
    DanielJFitness Posts: 28 Member
    Joker
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Doctor Sleep. I may be the only one who was a little underwhelmed by it. Not bad but it didn't really do it for me. Maybe because I keep comparing it to The Shining, my favorite horror movie of all time. I know I shouldn't do that.