November 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options

I'm still struggling with improving my pull-ups and pulling strength. My trainer has been bugging me to do a "microdose" at home every day, just 5 reps. And every day I walk past my pull-up bar and ignore it, thinking I'm too sore or tired or whatever.

I do negatives every morning before I shower, if I don’t make them a routine I don’t do them. I’m not exactly improving but at least it keeps me from going backwards!

I have been looking at another challenge on MFP for pullups. I really need to work on this but I do not know where to start... that is, I do not understand what a "negative" is. Do any of you know of a video online somewhere that clearly illustrates how to do a negative? I need to see someone do this. Thanks!

• Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Now I can do 5k etc easily I am wanting to build up to marathon distance eventually (I know it's a long process). Could use some guidance on my training plan. Currently I do 5k 3 times Mon - Fri at about 10:30 min per mile pace, then a 10k at the weekend at 12 min per mile.
    From what I've read it would be best to switch the 5k before the longer run to a slower pace of say 12 min per mile. Then extend my long run by 1k per week.
    Any thoughts on this? Also going forward do I switch my weekday 5k's to 10k and if so when?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    10F this morning... I guess winter has arrived early! Brr!

ARTIC BLAST!!!! FEEL THE FREEZE!
    It was 28F in Houston. In Nov?!? Craziness.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    If you have a date planned @adampeart you can use the map my fitness app (part of UA so works with MFP) which has training plans in there for free for both full and half marathons. Other than than I don't think my one race qualifies me to offer much advice.
  • Cricketmad88
    Options
    If you have a date planned @adampeart you can use the map my fitness app (part of UA so works with MFP) which has training plans in there for free for both full and half marathons. Other than than I don't think my one race qualifies me to offer much advice.

Thanks will have a look
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    adampeart wrote: »

Thanks will have a look

Is there a local running club in your area? Or somewhat nearby? Someone on the ground there may be able to give you better local resource advice. I know here (in the US) a lot of running stores sponsor classes geared to preparing folks for certain racing distances.

• Cricketmad88
    Options
    There are but they all meet when I have to look after my LO. Honestly I like the peace and quiet by myself early mornings too.