November Goal: 285km

01/11: 3.26
    03/11: 21.15
    04/11: 6.52
    05/11: 13.53
    06/11: 6.58
    08/11: 13.05

Total KM run: 64.09

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,543 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your HM this weekend @katharmonic and to all racing this weekend.

That is great advice @eleanorhawkins and exactly where I hope to be. I have one pace and that is all I want for now. I am in the Poppy run HM on Saturday though I am just seeing where I can run too comfortably at my one pace. As I only re-started 5ks at the start of October I just want an event with others to keep me going a bit farther as I really switch off post 10k if I am on my own. If I get to 15k I have made my goal for this year, if I don't I'll have to do it solo in December.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,106 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Sounds like you are doing great! I have the same mental issues when I am increasing distance or speed. It's usually not warranted. You've got this!

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

I’m not really a cold weather person. I’m kind of an island person (half Portuguese) so running in 27 degrees F didn’t seem appealing EVER but I geared up and did it! It really wasn’t that bad and I was beeming with pride because I keep doing things I didn’t think I could or ever would! There were even points where I was consciously telling my legs, “you have more to give! You are not as tired as you think! You got this!” And eventually, it really was pretty doable! I enjoyed it so much!

Saturday in my program I’ll have to run for a longer stretch (it’s actually only eight minutes, just so you can see where I’m at in training this time around) and I am pretty nervous about it. I think the fear is the worst part. Not being able to breathe or not being able to do it and the disappointment that comes with that.

But then I think..... I’ve already done so many things I was afraid of. What if i CAN run for eight minutes straight?

So I’m really looking forward to Saturday because of that and also the lifting and long trail run after.

Also I found a local thirty mile ultra in the spring with no entrance fees. I probably won’t do 30 but maybe the little ten mile run they have the same day
    @Camaramandy648 - this made my day! I keep smiling every time I read thru it! Congratulations - this is why running becomes addictive!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    Commitments for November:
    1) Run at least 36 miles
    2) Walk at least 36 miles 80 miles 100 miles
    3) Finish the last 2 weeks of Active's C25K program
    4) Finish the first 2 weeks of Active's 5K to 10K program

Date......Walk......Run
    11/01.....6.11.......2.21
    11/02.....2.72.......0.00
    11/03.....4.20.......2.58
    11/04.....2.71.......0.00
    11/05.....6.65.......2.33
    11/06.....7.83.......0.00
    11/07.....4.35.......2.54
    11/08.....5.91.......0.00
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    So, umm, my trainer has talked me into going for a BQ in 2020. I am still not sure she is not on drugs to think I can get there, but golly, I am not getting any younger. Might as well try, right? Worst that could happen is I fall in a hole and can not pull myself out and have to stay there for the rest of my life like some clown with red balloons. Right? Shrugs, does not sound so bad...
    So, umm, my trainer has talked me into going for a BQ in 2020. I am still not sure she is not on drugs to think I can get there, but golly, I am not getting any younger. Might as well try, right? Worst that could happen is I fall in a hole and can not pull myself out and have to stay there for the rest of my life like some clown with red balloons. Right? Shrugs, does not sound so bad...

I really think you’re going to do great! If anyone can, it’s you