JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Rest! :| not the day i had planned. I did manage to out my feet up for 45 minutes or so.
    2. One load of my laundry, one of DH. ✔
    3. Put away laundry ✔
    4. Log all food ✔
    5. Waters :| a few but not enough
    6. Cook flat iron steak ✔
    7. Wood delivery 1030 ✔
    8. Tour L Hospital ✔
    9. Tour G hospital 👎 too busy, try again sometime next week
    10. QT with DH 👎 recheduled to Sunday
    11. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, hospital tour on Friday, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Clean out work fridge, take home Tupperware
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Run dishwasher
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher
    8. Make grocery/walmart list
    9. Take Chicken out freezer
    10. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Well take two. I ended up getting quite sick two weeks ago, out of work for a few days, and then the last week has just been catching up. I feel like my head is above water again, but I want to be back on track. I thought about posting here many times, but honestly I just didn't have the energy. I also noticed I was eating out a LOT, so the last two nights I have full-out cooked dinner both nights. Cutting up all the veggies and mixing spices. It felt really nice to get back into it. My house is a bit of a disaster right now which makes it hard to feel motivated to do anything-cuz I need to do everything! I finally tackled dish mountain mid-week and that led to the cooking motivation because I actually had space and clean dishes! I've also noticed I've been looking for happiness in things-TV, junky food, staying up late, shopping. No surprise none of these have made me feel better. The things I KNOW make me feel better-time with friends, being outside in nature, a good book, getting out, getting a good night's sleep-I have a hard time pushing myself to do. Logically I know all of this but it's hard to not be controlled by emotions.

@PackerFanInGB I really appreciate your understanding around work stress and your wonderful suggestions! Never rambling-your input is always super helpful! Also, I love the Fresh Thyme Market-it's my favorite grocery store right now! I know that makes me a nerd :)
    @Snowflake1968 Your Halloween costume looked amazing! So clever.
    @Bex953172 your sink issue sounded so stressful! I am glad it was sorted out. I agree you had the cutest witches for Halloween!
    @pridesabtch Your description of "I'll just lay down" really resonated with what I've been doing lately-thank you for the inspiration to be aware and make changes!
    @mytime6630 In thinking about your goal weight, I would suggest not thinking about the number. This is a trap I really get into, thinking about my thinnest time (not reasonable at all since I was in high school and quite active!) or other benchmarks. Think about what you want your body to be able to do, how you want to be eating, how you want to feel. If you take the number out of the picture, what are your health goals? Maybe that can help give some perspective. I struggle with that too!

JFT:
    log food/exercise 3x a week
    post on JFT 3x a week ✅
    80 oz. water
    social time
    bed at 10, lights out 10:30
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday November 16

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - eat below maintenance. :)

• ZizzyBumble
    Sunday November 17

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - eat under maintenance.
  • ZizzyBumble
    @littleblackskirt I am having a concerted effort as I’ve slowly been putting weight on over the last 6 weeks. Tomorrow should be the first weigh in when my trend does not show an increase. (I try to weigh daily and use Happy scale but log my Monday weight trend for overall analysis of progress alongside Fitbit goals and estimating maintenance calories). Weight gain was due to overindulging, not logging accurately and not weighing food or myself. Some of this was complacency and some unavoidable. I will loose the extra weigh before Christmas festivities!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    @bex953172 - you are one year younger than my youngest. She was about 4 when we got our first computer with internet. It was in ‘95, I had just graduated from my computer course and bought and old one from the school it came “loaded” with Windows 95. I remember my sister in law wanted to look at unicorns in the internet and we had the four kids gathered around. Well you can imagine what shows up. We are trying to tell the kids to leave at the same time as figuring out how to get it off the screen! I graduated in June and the World Wide Web had just launched a few weeks before I graduated. Looking back at what my Instructor told us we would be able to do all seemed so far from reality and now we do it everyday. It’s surreal when I think about it that much.

@jeschepp - nice to see you back

@ZizzyBumble - oh complacency is such a hard battle to fight for me. I wake up determined to do better but then an easier solution comes along for meals and I jump all over it. I need to get energetic when it comes to exercise and preparing meals.

• Snowflake1968
    5 lb challenge
    Starting 189.0
    Today 189.2 wrong direction

JFT - Saturday Nov 16
    2L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    Exercise 15 Minutes - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Sunday Nov 17
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise 15 minutes
    Gratitude Journal

Yesterday I sanded and painted about 12 signs to get ready to put vinyl on to sell at the craft shows. I bought these last year with the intention of painting them and never got it finished. I’ll try again this year.

Kaitlyn came out and painted snowmen faces for me. There are 13 more to do. We ate too much junk while we crafted though.

I have a funny story to share. Every year at Christmas I try to make the same number of gifts under the tree and very close to same $amount spent on the girls and their husbands. My dollar amount is usually 100 each. Every year the kids tell me this obsession I have with having everything equal isn’t necessary because they are adults. I am putting their theory to the test. This year I am buying Lauryn a vinyl Garth Brooks set, but I also have to buy her a record player otherwise the gift is useless. This is costing me a lot more than I have to spend on all of them. I told Kaitlyn yesterday what my plan was and she laughed and said that it was funny because she was going to put a record player on her list this year too. Whatever she puts her Mother in Law buys for her, so I told her not to put it in her list to her MIL. I think I’m going to tell her to go ahead and put in on that list then I’ll text her MIL and tell her not to buy it. I am going to try to find a Johnny Cash vinyl album for her.

So my girls and Michaela are pretty much taken care of. I just need to come up with something for all the men and Jonah.

Today we are getting the Grands for the first time in probably 5 weeks. I’ve enjoyed my Sunday’s to myself and Rodger but have missed them terribly. I’m looking forward to it.
  • AJB1014
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Waters ✔
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. Clean out work fridge, take home Tupperware ✔
    5. Cook dinner at home 👎 Had a burger craving so DH and I had a little casual date night
    6. Run dishwasher ✔
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher 👎
    8. Make grocery/walmart list ✔
    9. Take Chicken out freezer ✔
    10. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital.

I'm tired and sensitive today and im on the couch for now really trying to rest for a bit.
    DH is tired and irritable but hes outside doing projects. I wanted to spend the say together but its a busy season right now getting ready for winter so that's not gonna happen. I do have some clean up to do today, but nothing crazy. Some food prep and need to figure out lunch and dinner. And we also have wood that needs to be stacked. Trying to be grateful for all instead of overwhelmed and whiny that i just want to hang out with DH and throw responsibilities to the wind. Haha. I might take the day off from logging...nah, thats really the least daunting task on my list. Okay enough ramblings. Hope you all have had a great weekend.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Assemble wood rack, stack one more rack today
    4. Prep baked chicken breast
    5. Cook lunch at home
    6. Cook dinner at home
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher
    8. Sweep/vacuum
    9. Rest!!!!!!!
    10. Dont take everything so personally
    11. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Discard 5 lbs Challenge #5
    Name: Tracie
    SW: 184.4 lb
    CW: 186.6 lb +2.2 lb gain
    GW: 179.4 lb

J4T / Sunday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • Errands
    • Quilting
    • 15+ minutes of cardio
    • 15 minutes of strength training
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...) --FIND A BOOK! SERIOUSLY!!! JUST PICK ONE!

Word of 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited November 2019
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    5'11"
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11
    5'11"
    SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4) = weight is higher because of being sick, plus we just got back from our sons wedding reception.
    GW for this challenge: 178.6
    CW: 180.0(current weight today) -3.6 -- but I was up really high starting this challenge

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack

A friend from the gym gave me halloween candy .. she was returning a dish to me, and flled it with candy. Last nite, I think I ate 9 pieces! Luckly my weight is not up, but I know how quickly these habits can come back.
    Upset about losing my gym friends .. as we are all seem to be going to different gyms close to where we live. But I am still going to keep going, and maybe I can meet new friends.

I finished up 45 chemo hats, so happy to have those finished. Now to start some xmas sewing for gifts. Going to the gym this afternoon with hubby since I slept in this morning!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @snowflake1968
    Lmao!
    Yes it was windows 95! Lol!!
    But my dad said he had a Commander 64 (I think this is what he said, it doesn't sound right though lmao)
    But your story is hilarious!!

I've seen some bizarre things on the internet lol!!

My dad also did the £100 each (give or take) it really did save the argument, even now he keeps it fair between us!
    We're doing the same this year with the girls. TBH, Casey will probably get less spent on her because she will probably just have more fun with the paper.
  • ZizzyBumble
    edited November 2019
    Sunday November 17

Log accurately ;) think so
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - eat under maintenance. :) Hopefully the scale will agree and I will see progress from last week’s wake up call.

• AJB1014
    edited November 2019
    @Snowflake1968 Have fun with the grands today! Sounds like a really nice family weekend with Kaitlyn too. Me and my mom always eat too much junk when we get together too, but the time spent is always the best!

@mytime6630 wow! 45 chemo hats thats awesome! I love hearing about all your sewing projects. What are your plans for christmas sewing?

@Bex953172 are the girls already really excited about Christmas? What a fun age for all of them during the holidays!

@jeschepp glad you are feeling better! I can totally relate on feeling overwhelmed getting back into the habit. I'm just coming up on 3 weeks of steady habits again after a long hiatus myself. One day at a time, and i always remind myself about progress over perfection. You got this!

@ZizzyBumble hope your sons finger is okay!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    edited November 2019
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    17/11: CW: 151.2: + 0.4 Courtesy of half a tube of Pringles last night.

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Sat 16 Nov
    Goals: 🌻
    Activities:
    • 9am: Catch train to Belfast to buy birthday gifts for DED ✅
    • Local shopping ✅
    • Make birthday card ✅
    • Pay bills ✅

JFT: Sun 17 Nov
    Goals: Meehhhh! On food. Under goal, but too much salt!
    Activities:
    • Wrap birthday gifts ✅
    • Visit DED ✅

JFT: Mon 18 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10.30am: Creative Writing Group
    • 2pm: Monday Painters
    • 6.30pm: Library Poetry

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: 14/14

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Print rosters to check PRs. Print stories for critique.
    3. Class 1: Check PRs. Return to book with study guide.
    4. Class 2-3: Likert scale; ROL intro; answer questions and then do chapter 1. Hand back Analysis; use to complete Rationale.
    5. Planning: Grade and input late work. CALL PARENTS. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads. Email questions to senator.
    6. Run 2 miles. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Watch Black Cauldron? Dinner: Ham rolls. Write a blog post about the pass log. Post about the blog for gratitude!
    8. Read 20 pages of Choice Theory. Update Goodreads. Prep celery. Pack lunch. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday 11/26 writer meeting.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Nov 22. Something in December - Check and add.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • Snowflake1968
    @bex953172 - Comodore 64
    When our girls were little there were times that we only bought them the Santa gift, one gift from us and their stockings. They got so much from everyone that they never noticed. I took advantage of that as long as I could.

@AJB1014 - I hope you got some rest today.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @bex953172 - Comodore 64
    When our girls were little there were times that we only bought them the Santa gift, one gift from us and their stockings. They got so much from everyone that they never noticed. I took advantage of that as long as I could.

@AJB1014 - I hope you got some rest today.

Yeah my MIL went CRAZY with presents last year and we were opening presents for HOURS! It really sucked by the end even the kids were getting fed up of it lol!!
    So we've said just less presents this uear
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member
    JFT Sunday 17th Nov

Back exercises one set done
    Drink enough yes
    Do not buy chocolate none bought
    Gratitude yes
    Use TENS machine no, it's a faff with the sticky pads and long wires, and it's uncomfortable. So need some quiet time to use it. None yesterday.
    Clean windows yes
    Do some housework! yes!
    Tidy up outside yes
    Move some more of Mum's furniture large stuff moved, still to clean up

Lovely busy day yesterday, as well as my list I babysat all afternoon whilst my son covered the hospital visit. Grandson is now 9 months and a joy to have around :)
    Up early today as a guy was coming to clear out gutters and clean windows. I've never had a window cleaner before but thought it would be one less job to do. Well he's already been and gone job not done, it's so frosty that the water was freezing on the windows. Will attempt again when it's not so cold. I think the tender plants which I put under cover are frosted, the leaves feel crispy. I had loads too, hoping to save money next spring!

JFT Monday 18th Nov

Back exercises
    Drink enough
    Do not buy chocolate
    Gratitude
    Lift the big bag as a reminder (weighs 30lbs)

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 18/11 180 -0lb Annoyed it has gone back up, had the best eating weekend for ages, no snacking, no takeaway.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 18 November

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy scale trend - eat below maintenance