JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/6/19 Fridayyyyyyyyyy :sunglasses: even though it's grey trying to rain

1. Log all food & drink :smile:
    2. Stay under calorie target :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :smile: I'm delighted with this one as I haven't been walking as much as I wanted to over the last few days
    4. Stay focused and have fun :smile:

Fun afternoon planned with my sister, niece & nephew. I love family time <3

JFT 8/6/19 Saturday

1. Log all food & drink
    2. Stay under calorie target
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Stay focused and have fun

It's already a good day. Spoke with my mum, who lives abroad this morning, and made plans for when we visit them in a few weeks :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Draft project. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. Pack lunch. LOG.
    2. Leave for park by 8:45. 5k steps by 1:00, 10k by 4:00, 15k by 7:00, 20k by 10:00.
    3. No extra snacks! Read articles for project.
    4. Meds. Shower. Bed. No alarm. Next Thursday is lunch with A; need to set time.

JFT Saturday
    1. Type project. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. Pack lunch. LOG.
    2. Leave for park by 8:45. 5k steps by 1:00, 10k by 4:00, 15k by 7:00, 20k by 10:00.
    3. No extra snacks! Read Predictably Irrational. Design graphic organizers.
    4. Meds. Shower. Bed. No alarm. Next Thursday is lunch with A; need to set time.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.

I am SO glad I'll have a shorter shift tomorrow. Goodness, where did my time go? It's already almost time to leave. And it's raining, and supposed to storm throughout the day, so there's a good chance I'll get to deal with grouchy customers. *sigh* I hope I have enough food packed to last me until 10 PM. It should...
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was way over again. I am really having a tough time sticking to my meal plan. I think it's a combination of interpreting my fatigue as hunger and trying to feel better by snacking. This weekend I'll try grabbing a zero calorie beverage - tea, sparkling water, decaf coffee as my snacking. Fortunately we don't have any treats in the house. Has anyone had success with Green Tea? During the day I usually just drink water but maybe mixing it up will help.

JFT 6/8/19
    Stick to my meal plan of 1600 calories
    Eat fruit or veggies as my snacks
    Get some activity in ?? get outdoors!
    No snacking or wine after dinner

Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday June 7 - Determined
    2.5L of water - 👿
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    Squats - 40
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Something on commercials - 👿
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 👿

JFT - Saturday June 8 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Well I had a poor day yesterday meeting any of my health goals but had a pretty good day for getting some stuff done for the wedding. A new technique I was trying that wasn’t working finally came together for me and another technique that I was unsure about worked well. I can’t complain about that.

We didn’t get the wall fixed so we could hang the bathroom door like I wanted, but I’ve been promised today. It better happen as I’ve cancelled the Grands from coming this weekend because of it.

I received a call yesterday from a job I applied for at the beginning of May. It was for an office coordinator position at a local nursing home. That position has been filled but they have an office assistant position so I am going for an interview on Wednesday. I really can’t start right away now because I have so many commitments, but I’ll worry about that if I’m offered a job.

I have weighed myself daily this week since I got back from the lake but have not recorded it once. I am so frustrated, my weight has fluctuated between 185-177 everyday. I don’t know how to trust my scale, it’s where it is on the floor that makes it change. I think I need to buy a new one. It’s a cheaper digital one that I use.

I am going to write down the weights I can remember this week in my excel sheet. I should update the 10 day challenge too I guess.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I feel your pain with these digital scales, I can weigh myself 6 times in a row and get a different number every time 😭. Good luck to you on your interview!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I just have to tell you how my swimming lesson went last night. Last weeks was cancelled because the smoke in the air caused the sprinkler system to go off in the rec centre so it’s been 2 weeks. I swam laps the first 1/2 hour and then my instructor told me we were going to dive. I did it TWICE! Then he said ok, I think you’re ready to get up on the diving block and just walk in. I did it, without flailing around like a fish out of water (haha) when I touched bottom. I just went down and came back up! I am so thankful my friend bought this set of lessons. I wish she had been able to join me.

I remember when you started these lessons. Oh my gosh! I'm so proud of you and how far you have come! You are a great example to me about overcoming anxiety. We are capable of doing so much more than we think, and you are proof. Awesome story, and I thank you for sharing! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So ive been thinking, i was wondering why its took me nearly all of 2019 to get back on track, and how my depression affected me and how i wasnt being the person i used to be, and i came across this...

Its a snippet of something Jim Carrey (of all people!) has said when he was describing what depression was like for him..

"You should think of the word ‘depressed’ as ‘deep rest.’ Your body needs to be depressed. It needs deep rest from the character that you’ve been trying to play.”

I dunno, it kind of helped.

I think @HEGoddard0928 might like it, youve been trying so long to keep things together for you and Matt and you said you were relapsing a bit and struggling. You're just tired of it! (Not tired of Matt lol, its not his fault) but just the whole situation, you know?

I think this quote hits the nail right on the head! I tend to get depressed when life just overwhelms me. I close off from everyone and everything and then after my brain has rested, I'm good to go again. Perfect analogy. Thanks for sharing Bex!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I weigh daily and use the app Happy Scale to record weights, it smooths out the blips and gives a nice visual of progress (or otherwise!).

@Bex953172 you CAN resist ...have you been doing operation red cup today? Stop thinking about banked calories - in my mind you are tempting fate!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 8 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :) outside gardening for several hours
    Apr challenge :) Garden no longer resembles a jungle
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)

It's not supposed to rain all of today so I will get into the garden and deal with some of the weeds. Plenty of indoor tasks to do if it does rain!

Hope you all have a good day

I've had a good day and met all my goals. Tomorrow won't be so easy as I am going to my parents after lunch and staying overnight.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Argh, got struck by the weekend curse!
    Ive only ate 1600 calories, so 400 over my 1200! But thats still under maintainence.
    I just dont feel satisfied!!!

I also have about 2000 calories "banked".

Although i wanted to ask, any of you who look at your calories over a week, is 2000 banked too many? Because wouldnt that mean ive basically not eaten for 2 days?

I need to STOP eating now. No more food for me tonight!
    I will resist. I will resist. I will resist. I will resist.

I really don't know much about calorie counting, but I will share something I learned from the Half Size Me podcasts. Heather (the host) suggests if you get off track and aren't sure what your optimal calories are, take 2 weeks and try to just maintain your weight right where it is. Log every bite and just try to keep your weight steady. At the end of the week or two, look at the average amount of calories you were able to eat daily without gaining and that is your optimal number of maintenance calories. To begin losing then, subtract 100-150 calories from your maintenance number and try to stick around that for a nice slow sustainable steady loss. To lose faster, maybe subtract 200 calories from your maintainance number. I found that for me, 1200 calories is not enough and I eat everything in sight because it is just not sustainable. My maintenance number is about 1600 calories with very minimal activity.

Just sharing because it made sense to me. Changing our lifestyle habits and being able to maintain the loss once we reach it is one of the hardest parts of losing and keeping weight off!

I think 1200 calories is probably not nearly enough calories for all the running around that you do! I think if you split those 2000 banked calories over the number of days they were banked, you'd probably find you can eat 1400 to 1500 calories a day easily with no activity.

But again, I've not been real successful, so maybe I'm just full of *kitten*. LOL! :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Did you walk the Bellin today? Is that the 10k you referred to? How did you do? It's pretty hot out there!

Are you going to see Paul McCartney tonight at Lambeau? We would love to, but we didn't get tickets.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Did you walk the Bellin today? Is that the 10k you referred to? How did you do? It's pretty hot out there!

Are you going to see Paul McCartney tonight at Lambeau? We would love to, but we didn't get tickets.

Yes, this morning I walked in the Bellin 10K along with > 8,000 runners/walkers. Finished in 1:29:54 and average pace of 14:29 min/mile. I was 82 out of 223 in my sex/age group. Typically in a 10K I walk a faster second half but my split time was 44:13, meaning my first half was faster this time. With a clear blue sky & temps low 70s, the sun just beat on me this year and that definitely slowed me down.

Here's something funny: According to my Fitbit, first I was on the elliptical 29 min. then running 27 min. LOL ~ I don't run. Finally Fitbit had me walking 34 min. when I slowed down a bit. All that for total calorie burn of 931 (which I do not sync to MFP). According to the MFP database for my pace and time, I only burned 551 calories. That's why I don't take the numbers in my food / exercise diary as gospel b/c there are so many variables. But it was a good time again. And I was so happy to share the event with my youngest brother and his wife, and she was kind to hold my stuff when I needed it & took photos of us.

No tickets to see Sir Paul tonight and glad about it. I had enough crowds at the race, and no energy left, even though I had a nap this afternoon.

I didn't post goals for 2 days but I have gone back to post food (G/B/U) yesterday and today. Back to JFT goals tomorrow. Sunday, plan to walk dog before church, she was so sad when I left wearing walking clothes this morning without her.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Have to keep up with my June challenge .... but a crazy busy weekend.
    But kept my "inner goals", even though I forgot to post them. My biggest problem is still the water. So need to get out that red cup!
    Went to a garden club tour this morning of this most beautiful yard .. so many native wildflowers, and birds everywhere! So when I got home, mowed our yard, which takes me 2 hrs, and then weeded and worked in my flower beds ... so I spent from 1pm until 5:30 pm working in the yard!! Then took our daughter to the book store tonite .. so totally exhausted. But ... I have to post on here!!

So goals tomorrow
    1. go to the gym
    2. red cup challenge
    3. mindful eating
    4. clean house
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Sounds like we are all having busy weekends and very productive! @snowflake1968 - reading about your cousin’s great granddaughter made me emotional! What a lovely thing that she wished for something for her whole family. Well done on the swimming and your ongoing plan to set new goals! Hope the home improvements go well. @cschmitz110515 - yay on the 10k!
    @PackerFanInGB - your body is definitely trying to tell you something. Take the much-needed rest, you’ve had a lot of health stress recently. I know what you mean about the sugar. My Lent without it was actually fairly easy and I generally feel better without it.
    Hope everyone else is well and having a lovely weekend. Hugs to you all x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Goal update. Yesterday was pretty good. Got most of my list done and today will be busy so writing it all down will be helpful!

Saturday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - wrap present and get L to write card for party ✅
    - leave by 10 ✅
    - running shop for new trainers ✅
    - house clean ✅
    - laundry ✅
    - kids homework ✅
    - sweep patio and front steps if rain stops!❎ it stopped raining but mad winds meant sweeping would be even more futile than usual!
    - bed by 10❎

Sunday goals:
    - proof-read colleague’s reports
    - wrap present for P party
    - complete online forms for new gym and get passes for kids
    - Warrior class 9:30
    - shower and take kids to new gym to try it out
    - buy card for P party
    - P to party for 2:30
    - change bedsheets, sweep steps and patio
    - put away laundry
    - bed by 9:30