Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues!

- weigh in for challenge!
    - Get a shower
    - Tidy house (mainly kitchen and Saskias room)
    - Get 8 waters in
    - Eat the best I can and try log it (it's dead hard on my phone tbh cause I don't have the app) but I'll try
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Discard 5lbs Challenge

SW-180.6
    GW-175.6
    CW-0.0

JFT, 11/11/19

1. Figure out dinner and prelog 😁 Simple chicken breast with season salt, rice, and green beans
    2. Eat the lunch I brought with me!!!!! 😁😁😁 Yesterday was the first time in like 3 weeks I can say I did that! I sat outside at a picnic table because it was gorgeous out and talked to the Lord. It was really nice.
    3. Empty/load/run the dishwasher😁It takes like no time! I can do it in about 3 minutes!!!!!

Don't have much time this morning but I'll check back soon.

Discard 5lbs Challenge

SW-180.6
    GW-175.6
    CW-183.0(knew it was too good to be true😭😭)
    (+/-)- +2.4

JFT, 11/12/19
    1. Log all my food!
    2. Figure out dinner
    3. 64oz of water(back to the basics with this one)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! My sister and family are visiting from Canada so that's pretty awesome. I'll post more later.

JFT 11/12:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Do dishes
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Setting up JFT for tomorrow:

1. Follow WW points and stay within
    2. No swearing
    3. Fold one basket of laundry
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Not in the morning, tbh it's best to let her cry it out in the morning because she always goes sleep. I just can't leave her on her own downstairs when I take the girls to school. It's not so bad when markets there too.
    Cause of his disorders, he just needs to get rest and then he'll be fine for the day, but if he has to get up he'll be in a foul mood all day so we agreed that I would do it every morning. Sounds weird but I'd rather him be able to help me through the day than not at all.
    I can get up early, I might be grumpy because I am NOT a morning person but I can deal with it lol!

A lot of work for you in the morning then, but I totally get why it works for you if he can then help later in the day.

I think I must be a morning person, I always got up early for work, but I'm completely flagging by 9pm :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Not in the morning, tbh it's best to let her cry it out in the morning because she always goes sleep. I just can't leave her on her own downstairs when I take the girls to school. It's not so bad when markets there too.
    Cause of his disorders, he just needs to get rest and then he'll be fine for the day, but if he has to get up he'll be in a foul mood all day so we agreed that I would do it every morning. Sounds weird but I'd rather him be able to help me through the day than not at all.
    I can get up early, I might be grumpy because I am NOT a morning person but I can deal with it lol!

A lot of work for you in the morning then, but I totally get why it works for you if he can then help later in the day.

I think I must be a morning person, I always got up early for work, but I'm completely flagging by 9pm :)

Haha I probably would be better in the morning if I didn't go to bed at 1am to get up at 7.30 LOL

But I dunno, when the girls are in bed at like half 7 latest, sometimes me and ash have a different tea (like a curry) so we have that after they're in bed then we clean up a bit then watch telly, we don't get any time in the day to chill then I like to play games on my pad lol!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    First time posting in this! Great idea for a thread.

My story is that I have gained about 30 pounds in the past three years and I have a lot of special occasions coming up in 2020 that I would really like to be happy in myself for. So here goes!

JFT Tuesday:
    1. 2 litres of water.
    2. No binge.
    3. Prep meals for tomorrow.
    4. Stay away from unhealthy treats in workplace.
    5. Drink water and not hot chocolate at the break in nightclass.

You've picked a good time to start then lol! We're doing a "discard 5lb challenge" basically just whoever loses 5lbs first wins and then it starts over. We're on round 5 ATM. But it only started a couple days ago!

Rules are asking but as the scale shows 5lb loss you win (don't worry about water weight or sickness because weight fluctuates too much)
    Erm, no extreme dieting.
    And just make sure you're scales are accurate and you weigh yourself in the same place and a couple of times to make sure it's right :)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    Discard 5 lb Challenge
    SW: 152.0
    11/12: 151.8 -0.2

JFT Monday
    - On time for training :smiley:
    - Stay present :smiley:
    - Eat mindfully :smiley:
    - Stay present, yep I need that again. :smiley:
    - to bed by 11:00 :smiley:
    - one treat :/ well I drank 1 treat
    - One beer :/ 1 beer + 1 treat
    - Log all :smiley:
    - Stay in green :smiley:

Good day yesterday all things considered. I did well and ate zero junk during the training course. This course is challenging for me as it is for a field I’m moving into not one that I have a lot of experience in. Most in here are very experienced and my learning curve is steep. Today we are doing a social evening, that will be challenging intake wise.

JFT Tuesday

- on time for training
    - No junk at training
    - Mindful at group meals
    - In maintenance ~1600cal
    - No more than 3 beers
    - Bed by 11:00.

Hugs to Bex & @littleblackskirt
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Waters ✔ ive been good on water but my lips are still so chapped :neutral:
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Order Spinning Babies Daily Essentials 👎
    6. Practice Daily Essentials 👎
    7. Snuffle box for dog ✔
    8. Fill hot tub to level (find hose) ✔ DH did
    9. Load of DHs laundry ✔
    10. Bed by 9. Lights out by 930 👎

Was in a mood after work yesterday. I let it get the better of me...and angrily did chores for longer than I had allotted. Then sat on the couch being sulky. DH was up late doing a test for an engineering opportunity so I also stayed up too late too. But im just riding the waves of my emotions, knowing they come and go pretty fast. I certainly could have downloaded and done daily essentials so no excuse there. I think I'll reassess my goal on that and ease my way into it doing just a few of the practices per day for 2 weeks and then I'll buy the video. I'm really proud to say i havent gained any weight in 2 weeks though! And I feel like I'm getting my groove back as far as healthy habits so i hope to keep up the minimal weight gain!

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Empty dishwasher
    6. Put away load of laundry
    7. Practice 2 daily essentials; cat cow stretch and inversion.
    8. Pay PayPal
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay short term disability insurance, pay tolls bill, pay cable, hospital tour on Friday, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, give mom final shower addresses.
    10. QT with DH
    11. Bed by 9, lights out by 930
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Behind 82 JFT posts over my long weekend... have to catch up later.

JFT T 11/12 ~ Rest day
    1) Move hourly / pace during noon webinar / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Start PA-RM tests / chapter emails / catch up Inbox / draft request for work orders (f/u audit) / other?
    4) Evening to-do's: quick grocery stop on way home / activate debit card / schedule cc pmt / verify ML subscription / verify RedCard acct / wash dishes / wash towels (as soon as get home) / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:00 (treadmill W before work)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Get cart.
    3. Class 1: Grammar practice. Type "Laws" essay. Discussion tomorrow.
    4. Class 2-3: Class 2 - go over GR updates. NRI practice. Parallel structure practice. Type Machiavelli. Return work.
    5. Planning: PUT PAPERS AWAY. Adjust plans.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run. Dinner: Leftovers. Grade class 1 narratives and projects.
    8. Read 20 pages of Choice Theory. Update Goodreads. Prep celery. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. Revise Laws essay and read to group. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Thursday cart grammar test.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Gonna go for a run INSIDE today; one of the nice things about working at the school.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track! Keeping it simple, as its a busy day.
    Goals for today
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on WATER!! WHY is this so hard for me to drink water!
    3. mindful eating

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Trying to get back on track! Keeping it simple, as its a busy day.
    Goals for today
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on WATER!! WHY is this so hard for me to drink water!
    3. mindful eating

Joan I just wanted to say you looked so beautiful in the photo you posted! And a lovely happy family too!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mytime6630 I wanted to say how amazing you looked too!!!
    And DEFINITELY not old! You look younger than your age!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Aw .. you guys are so sweet. But have to say ... the lighting was very dim in the pictures, so that helps hide the wrinkles ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    This is off topic ...
    Here are a few pictures of our sons wedding ... and a picture with all our grandchildren now! (We gained 3 more step-grandchildren). Our son is VERY tall ... 6'5", of course, I am 5'11", and hubby is also tall, so no wonder!
    The other picture is of me, my husband, and our 2 biological grandchildren.

805xxo66395r.jpg
    l5ypjvdnrhjm.jpg
    b5mfbc8wwewy.jpg

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! You are a beautiful woman, Joan! And you have a beautiful family to boot! My oh my, your son is very tall indeed!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I am a food addict and binge eat still from time to time. I had a half of a half pint of ice cream today when I had envisioned not havi g sugar today. But I did a soulful yoga class and I sat with myself and I tried to offer up some understanding and reframing of my conscious choice to sabotage myself this afternoon.

Also, I want to say that today is my first day of accountability, and doing an aerobic exercise per day to remind myself that I can commit and be true. Cheers.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

J4T / Monday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly :)
    • Drink 80+ oz of water >:)Not even close!
    • 15+ minutes of cardio >:)
    • 10-15 minutes of strength training >:)
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set >:)
    • Research recipes for bean and rice dishes and look through Mediterranean cookbook. :)
    • Daily Bible Study: Lose Weight God's Way :smiley:Done!
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...). :)

Well.....as you can see I had a less than stellar day yesterday as far as goals go. I could make lots of excuses and say it was because my day at work was stressful and I was exhausted by the time I got home, which is true, but that is no excuse!!! I have to stop making excuses for eating crappy and not exercising! The real reason my day was not good was because I just plain made bad choices and didn't care enough to fight it. Today is going just as stressful at work but I will NOT go home tonight and just eat whatever I can find to shove in my mouth (ahem...chocolate chips???? Really, Tracie????).

I went to Fresh Thyme Market and made a salad for lunch, and had a nice cup of soup, so at least I didn't go for fast food today. I'm working on site at a clinic today training a new doctor so it's not as easy to pack a lunch since I'm in her office all day. I drank coffee until noon, so now I'm trying to make myself get some water in. I'm like you, @mytime6630 ---I struggle with this too!

Discard 5 lbs Challenge #5
    Name: Tracie
    SW: 184.4 lb
    CWL 184.4 lb 0 lb change
    GW: 179.4 lb

J4T / Tuesday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • 15+ minutes of cardio
    • 10-15 minutes of strength training
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set
    • Research recipes for bean and rice dishes. Look up some soup recipes. Look up nutritional info on which veggies have the most protein.
    • Daily Bible Study: Lose Weight God's Way :smiley:Done!
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...).

Word of 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!