JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Recap M 6/3 Brrr! Temp was 39F (3C) when dog and I left house this morning ~ wore lined jacket & gloves in June. But sky was beautiful blue with very few high clouds and we watched two deer run across road not 50 feet in front of us. :D
    1) Walked dog 3.46 mi 1:01:39 before work & stretched after = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,504 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! and 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged & have wiggle room / net calories zero / 14c water / log G/B/U = Net cals -158 :/ (hungry & needed evening snack), sodium -400, sugar green (yay), fiber ok, protein excellent, 14c water
    4) Don't dwell on multiple online issues with prof org & lack of timely online support ~ do what I can and wait for response from somebody ~ maybe check online access from home computer to see if issues are workplace related = All tech issues apparently stem from moving CLP Beta to live, plus related links now broken. Geez. And where is their communication???? >:)
    5) Update JFT monthly goals and weekly w-i and May/June step challenges = All updated :smiley:
    6) Evening: hair appt. :smile: / check bird feeders & refill :smile: / other?

Recap T 6/4 ~ Attended annual planning meeting for prof org from 8:30 - 4:30 and 1+ hour car time. Location was a farm guest house owned by a board member's company near the river. We watched deer & turkeys from inside.
    1) Continental breakfast, refreshments & lunch provided. Goal is eat sensibly & log best I can. = Ate breakfast before leaving home. Ate 1 scone at mid-morning break (yum!). Veggie salads with Asian twist & sourdough bread for lunch, followed by soft chocolate chip cookie. All made from scratch by chef on-site & delicious! Water in pitchers on table & I kept drinking. Guesstimated for food log (June challenge G/B/U) & ate lightly for supper at home. Net calories -129. :neutral:
    2) Didn't make time for workout before or after travel = rest day. Fitbit 4,461 steps, 250+ 5/14 & 15 floors. :(
    3) Remembered to make lunch for W (noon webinar)

JFT W 6/6
    1) Walked dog before work 3.74 mi 1:06:04 (humid from thunderstorms overnight) & stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace in office during webinar / 5 somethings
    3) Breakfast, snacks & lunch prelogged / look up recipe / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Follow-up tasks from meeting / contact chapter email back-up / pick up records / start testing GA-S
    5) Evening: pick up race bib/shirt for Sat. / grocery shop / prep guest room for youngest brother & SIL / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 5:40 alarm, bed & tv off 10:20

Today's Positive Thought: So happy I have a supportive co-worker & 2-3 prof org board members for when things go haywire.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @daneejela - How true about humans crossing the bridge when we are facing it. There are so many times and things in life where we say we couldn't or wouldn't and then if it happens we just keep going. What else can we do?

@ginnytez - I am so fortunate to have sisters in law that I really enjoy being around but like you live so far away. We used to be close, but not so much anymore. I just heard from my MIL that my husband's sister broke up with her partner of 13 years, I've talked to her twice since this happened and she hasn't said a word.

@maryrobinson40 - I love watching that ticker go down, and the streak go up. I am struggling to maintain my 25lb loss, I am up again. We can do this!

@Faebert - That assistant of yours sure misses a lot of work. Is she chronically ill or just catching all the bugs going around?

@Bex953172 - It's so nice to see you back on a daily basis.

@ZizzyBumble - I don't know if I would want to leave Skye, but it will nice to visit your parents I bet and isn't your husband home too?

@littleblackskirt - I used to have one of those shelves, they are so easy to change up! I also want to say that it's logging the bad and being honest that is the best thing about this site. It really opens our eyes and doesn't allow us to hide the bad. After a while the bad becomes less and less I think. (I'll let you know if I ever get there).

@korina75 - I usually walk fast running errands and I usually wander the whole store so that I can get extra steps in. Hubby hates shopping and was rushing me a bit yesterday so I didn't even get to do that. Today I am going to clean. It will at least give me activity to log today.

@aubyshortcake - Yay for meeting your goal! Doesn't that make you feel so good!

@nlmackey98 - You are doing it! Going to the gym and fighting through must be so rewarding. I love your positive thoughts. I would agree you are a great friend.

@clicketykeys - Are you almost done your courses? You just need a good break I think.

@azulvioleta6 - Happy Birthday!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    1. Happy birthday to me!
    2. Weigh in
    3. No social eating at work
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. 8C water

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Goals for Tuesday:
    • Journal every bite--the good, the bad & the ugly :)
    • HYDRATE :#
    • 30 minutes of activity--walk, Body Groove, Wii game or DVD of some kind 10 min so far walking in conference room :#
    • 5 svgs freggies: :)
    • Be mindful, eat slowly, put down my fork between bites, swallow before taking another bite. :(
    • Be kind to others and to myself. Walk away from negativity. Only positive self-talk. :)
    • 10 minute meditation :)
    • Listen to Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer podcasts today :)
    • Spend 15 minutes outside--water plants and flowers, weed flower beds, get bicycle out of spare garage :)
    • Lymphatic massage on right arm. This time I mean it! DO IT! :s
    • Unplug by 8:00 p.m. :)
    • Prep coffeemaker for morning, pack lunch bag & prelog, set out outfit for tomorrow :)
    • Gratitude Journal: 5 things I'm grateful for today :)
    • Readings: Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance :#
    • Lights out by 10:30 tonight :)

Hi everyone,

Hopping on during my lunch hour at work. Going to get my goals posted for now. This afternoon is full of meetings and I need to prepare, so I'll try to hop on later! Hoping to get in a walk for lunch break, even if it is only long enough to count as my 15-minute outdoor time.

Goals for Wednesday:
    • Journal every bite--the good, the bad & the ugly
    • HYDRATE
    • 30 minutes of activity--walk, Body Groove, Wii game or DVD of some kind 10 min so far walking in conference room
    • 5 svgs freggies:
    • Be mindful, eat slowly, put down my fork between bites, swallow before taking another bite.
    • Be kind to others and to myself. Walk away from negativity. Only positive self-talk.
    • 10 minute meditation
    • Listen to Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer podcasts today
    • Spend 15 minutes outside--water plants and flowers, weed flower beds, get bicycle out of spare garage
    • Lymphatic massage on right arm. This time I mean it! DO IT! You are only hurting yourself by not taking the time to do this!
    • Unplug by 8:00 p.m.
    • Prep coffeemaker for morning, pack lunch bag & prelog, set out outfit for tomorrow
    • Gratitude Journal: 5 things I'm grateful for today
    • Readings: Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance
    • Lights out by 10:30 tonight

Word for 2019: Tenacity / Tenacious

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB
    I have never made the time to write you response I had planned, but you were in my thoughts many times after I all read about those hard things on your shoulders (parents's illness, step daughter's depression). It's very hard to feel powerless when it comes to our closest people. I admire your strenght.
    I also hope that everything went well with the MRI..I am a bit claustrophobic too so I totally understand your fear. Although, we humans have this great capability to cross the brige once when we are in front of it, no matter how scary it looked a minute before. Sending you a big hug!

EDIT: I was writing this at the same time, I am glad to see that everything went well! Keeping fingers crossed for the results!

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share your insights with me. It truly is very hard to feel so powerless. I like to "fix" everything so it's been a difficult pill to swallow. It's so true that even though we don't know how we could possibly get through something, we always manage to do it...no matter what. Because ultimately, what other choice do we really have? I am trying to keep positive and have done a lot of meditating and praying over every one of these circumstances. Now, I have to let go of the reins and have faith that it will all be okay in the end, no matter what happens.

I'm sending you a big hug back! I hope you have a great day! :heart:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    JFT tues
    cook chicken YUP
    put away 15 things in office NO
    tomorrow prep SOME
    put away 15 things from dresser area NO
    call mom again TRIED
    cal <400 tonite NOT AT ALL

Unintended sleepin this morning, but it felt so good. Going to go to bed early tonite too. So distracted lately.
    JFT wed
    cook chicken - has no taste so do something with it
    put away 15 things in office
    tomorrow prep
    put away 15 things from dresser area
    call mom again
    cal <400 tonite
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Totally just realized I really screwed something up at work about a month ago. Things have been bad for the past month or 2, and this is kind of big. I know how to fix it, I just don't know how to fix it and not look like a fool. So, of course, I'm sitting here and became ravenously "hungry". Pretty sure it's just a stress reaction. I had a nectarine but the vending machine is still calling. Hopefully I can maintain control and not binge as I have in the past.

I don't tell you this for sympathy, I just need to see it and share it it hopes of preventing it. Anyway thanks for being here.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Totally just realized I really screwed something up at work about a month ago. Things have been bad for the past month or 2, and this is kind of big. I know how to fix it, I just don't know how to fix it and not look like a fool. So, of course, I'm sitting here and became ravenously "hungry". Pretty sure it's just a stress reaction. I had a nectarine but the vending machine is still calling. Hopefully I can maintain control and not binge as I have in the past.

I don't tell you this for sympathy, I just need to see it and share it it hopes of preventing it. Anyway thanks for being here.

Go drink some water and FILL UP!

Take a 5 min break and just breaaaaathe it out. And then (hopefully) with a clearer head you can figure out what you need to do!

Or own it! laugh off the c*ck up and just fix it! We all make mistakes! Is it something someone can penalise you for? I think aslong as you fix the problem no one can really complain then! After all it was a month ago and no one noticed in that time?

No snack from the vending machine will change any of this!

I know youve got this!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Casey just took her first steps! Literally just now lol!

Shes been cruising for what feels like a lifetime! And crawling mostly, then she did fhis weird thing where she crawled on her hands and feet (rather than knees) a bit like a monkey.
    And just now she took 2 steps randomly and crawled the rest lol!

AWWWWW!!! Give her a big hug from her Aunties!

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

We’ve all been there! Like Bex says, deep breath and stay calm. The only thing a binge will do is make you feel worse. We’re here if you need to vent some more or post again to keep your head in the game. Hugs x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Shes been cruising for what feels like a lifetime! And crawling mostly, then she did fhis weird thing where she crawled on her hands and feet (rather than knees) a bit like a monkey.

Yay! Go Casey!! X
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    JFT, Tues
    1. going to the dentist , so can't go to the gym. Go for walk instead in the evening if not raining :):/ -- Had bad storms again, so staying inside.
    2. help hubby :)
    3. concentrate on 8+ water :/
    4. mindful eating :)
    5. log all food - both here and WW site :)
    6. get back on here .. june challenge :)

Really late in the day ... so quick posting of what my goals today were:
    log all food :) mindful eating :) june challenge :)

Goals for thursday, June 6
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. 8+ water.... I STILL struggle with getting my water in!
    4. june challenge
    5. helping hubby ship again, so busy day. But get to the gym in the morning
    6. go get birthday present for our daughter, who's b-day is monday.

• mytime6630
    Options
    Tuesday!

- June Challenge
    - 5 cups of water
    - Gym!

Already done a 1hr15 walk with the pram. Im shattered lol!!

You are doing awesome Bex!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    A Great Start to a Great day!
    Thanks Sisters... That's what I'm talking about... I feel the love and I'm kicking butt today
    Already 3,500 steps, already 2-16.9oz. Water bottles down and counting.
    Putting away laundry and gonna read my Bible, do paper work.
    Exercise before bed
    Bed by 11p.m.

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING YOUR LOVE💕💕😅

Love your posts ... and I can tell by the tone of these ... that you are doing great!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes and the suggestions! I did good in the MRI today. I had one scan where I wiggled a tiny bit, but I have spring allergies and I was trying really hard not to cough! She said the other images were good so it was okay. I didn't panic as I thought I would, so that was really something else! I don't think I've ever been able to do a head MRI (I've had a few through the years) without being drugged. So, I'm quite proud of myself because it means I overcame a moment of anxiety and panic that I used to not be able to. Yea! You guys are the best cheerleaders ever!

Now, I will wait for my results. That's the hard part. Hurry up and wait.

I've had 2 MRIs done .. and have to say, that I rarely get anxiety, but I did with those. I guess its being in that big machine, and the noise. The worse for my though was the worse backache! I guess from lying still for so long, on that metal bed! But I am glad it is over for you, and praying the results are good ones.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    WEEEEEEEE 280 days straight logging. Oh yeah. I did it y'all. I went walking tonight and my youngest grown daughter went with me. We did arm exercises while walking and lunges and SQUEEZIN our butt cheeks while walking.
    Ahhh man I'm feeling it. It hurt so good.... LMBO😂😂😂. So much so I'm about to get up and go again.

I'm on a mission. That 25 pound goal has got to become a REALITY and not wishful thinking.
    I have been saying no to wrong things and not settling. I'd rather not eat than to mess up all the
    painful work I've put in... I'm Not telling anyone to not eat... I was just making my point is all...that
    little part was more for emphasis on how serious I am, but I AM EATING y'all. Just not stuffing my
    gut with fries, fried food, chips etc. Am I clear?

Anyway... That's all my posting for tonight. Going for that second walk now. Love you!!! Mean it!!

Just what I said earlier. .. you are doing great!!! Saying no is a hard thing to do .... but you are proving how its done! Those 25 pounds will come off.. but remember, they did not come on overnite, and they will not come off overnite. Its a journey! And my .. your second walk!! Great job Mary!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    4. Do some work in the garden. try to prevent crazy “master” gardener lady from pulling up my cucurbits :)

1. Happy birthday to me!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And ... what are cucurbits???? I love to garden also, but I only garden flowers since the deer eat anything else I plant (and they eat flowers to, but I just try and spray them).
    But I hope you had a wonderful Birthday!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Positive Thought: What I've learned from my past, but sometimes forget: I am capable of great things. I am stronger than I give myself credit for. I am more resilient than I thought possible. I am a forgiving person. I have friends I can count on. I can live a healthy lifestyle. I am creative. I am a good mother, daughter and wife. I defend my friends. I am a good employee, teacher and student. I am loved no matter my weight. Just to name a few ;)

This is a great positive thought!! You have so much to be proud of ... weight is not that important when we put it all in perspective as to what is truly important!
  • mytime6630
    Options

YAY!!!! Proud Auntie here :) She is such a little doll. And Bex ... I don't think you have to worry about getting your steps in during the day! You will be running all over the place just keeping up!