Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019
    Log accurately :)
    60 minutes intentional walking :)
    Make it through all afternoon meeting without getting too cranky :)
    Pick up donations for disaster relief :)

Had good visit and dinner with SIL Monday. It is too bad we live so far apart--I think we would get along very well. Meeting today wasn't too hateful, got a couple of ideas but lasted about 1 1/2 longer than it needed to. Drive wasn't too bad. Wasn't able to have a lunch hour, so I took some healthier snacks and protein shake to have in the car.

I'm a bit bummed that MFP and Fitbit are having communication problems. I let my steps go over to MFP and it determines any extra calories. Guess I'll just eat my straight allocation and know there are some extras in the bank.

Glad some are finding their way back on track. It is hard to do, but worth it. Even if we are struggling, staying involved here reminds us of the path we need to get back to.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019
    Log Accurately
    60 Minutes intentional walking
    Make it through two meetings without getting too cranky
    Finish ironing

Ginny in Ohio
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Last night (Monday) I was planning on taking a walk and the wind picked up blowing dirt and debris all over so I went to take a bath instead. Came out of the tub and it was nice enough to go for a walk.

Tonight (Tuesday) I was planning on taking a walk and it was raining and cold with wind. Went to take a bath, came out and the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

Ugh!!!!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    1. Eat in my window 11:00-7:00 - Almost finshed my dinner around 7:30ish
    2. no sweet tea!! Only water or unsweet tea- nope had a coke with my dinner
    3. stay within my calorie count, log everything before eating it! - I stayed close, but did not log until tonight.
    4. get in my 10,000 or more steps- Did it :smile: 10,180 as of now
    5. Walk at least 3,000 of those steps before eating - did it :smile:
    6. Be productive! Knock off the things on the to do list, nope not really, tomorrow is always a new day
    7. Eat veggie and fruit with both lunch and dinner- yes except no fruit with dinner

Wednesday
    1. Eat in my window 11:00-7:00
    2. no sweet tea!! Only water or unsweet tea
    3. stay within my calorie count, log everything before eating it!
    4. get in my 10,000 or more steps
    5. Walk at least 3,000 of those steps before eating
    6. Be productive! Knock off the things on the to do list,
    7. Eat veggie and fruit with both lunch and dinner
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, looks like lots of us are having an ok start to the month. I’m doing alright - assistant is signed off sick AGAIN for two weeks so I’m stressed at work but hanging in. So far the June challenge is working well for me. Could def have caved last night but I remembered I had to log it all (ugly included) and it paused me just long enough for the urge to pass!

Going to quickly post goals and dash but thinking of you all and will try and get on here again later x

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 10k (once, not the six or more times my Garmin synced at!!)
    - pack snacks ✅
    - proofread reports if time on arrival😕 started them but...
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - sort out digital resilience lesson files❎
    - meeting after school (leave by 5:30)✅
    - kids piano practice❎
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - June challenge - G, B & U!
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - pack snacks
    - early to work (staff choir and planning cover handover)
    - planning time (planned 1x snack only)
    - digital resilience work and report proofing
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 5
    - new gym registration
    - cash for piano teacher
    - pack gym stuff ready for the morning
    - bed by 9:30

Happy hump day! X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Tuesday!

- June Challenge
    - 5 cups of water
    - Gym!

Already done a 1hr15 walk with the pram. Im shattered lol!!

So yesterday i completed the June challenge! Just need to add a couple of snacks i had last night! (I was good gor it though so still in green, just wasnt healthy snacks!)

Only got 3 cups of water in, got pretty bad heartburn which kinda put me off, didnt want to feel more sick

And i did go gym! So all done!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Wednesday!

- June Challenge!
    - 6 cups of water
    - (depending on soreness) exercise
    - walk the dog.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It looks as if I forgot to post yesterday's goals. They would have been the same as usual and I met most of them. I did read posts but did not get time to respond. Well done to those of you who overcame various challenges.

Wednesday 5 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

Today is my last day on Skye for a couple of weeks and I wish I was not heading south but it will be good to see my parents and the garden at our home in the south will have become overgrown. I will be gardening and decluttering for the next few weeks.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I read all the posts and get to the end and I've forgotten the replies I wanted to write, this is a very busy thread!

However, I did remember some,

@Faebert, so glad you are feeling better, that fall sounded really nasty.

@Jacqui, welcome to the new baby :D Is this your first grandchild?

@korina75 , I hope your visit goes okay. My father-in-law was a terrible one for commenting on my weight, always negatively. Thing was, back then I wasn't even overweight!

@Snowflake1968, shelves are great :) I'm planning to have 2, both picture shelves. The ones with a little lip on the front so pictures don't slide off. Well, I've got a new grandson and lots of photos lol. Means I can change them around regularly without putting nails in the walls.

@maryrobinson40 , have another great day today, you are doing so well!

I am writing yesterday off as a bad job, a trip out, babysitting and an aching back meant I couldn't be bothered to cook a meal, so we had chips and cake. I shouldn't be allowed on this website, admitting that!!!

So today will be better

JFT 5th June

Log everything
    Keep it under control
    Mark the shelves!
    Do some back stretches
    Housework, washing
    Huge pile of ironing (This is not my own, it's ironing for a business, so lots of it and has to be perfect)
    Gardening if it dries up

I'm a little anxious today as I'm going into town tonight to sell my fathers car. I hope all the extra paperwork I've gathered is enough (to sell it without him present), and that I get a good price for him. He no longer goes out and I have to do his financial stuff for him.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/5

30 minutes intentional exercise
    30 minutes walking
    5 minutes meditation
    drink 8 c water
    5 servings veggies/fruits
    Prep guest room

Keeping it simple again today. I need to spend some time focusing in, getting stuff done around the house but mindfully being present in my day so I can figure some stuff out. Goal for this month is slow progress and thoughtful reflection.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water 👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner 👍
    5. Bed by 9👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
    5. Meditate
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt Hope all goes well selling your Dad's car. Sorry you also had someone who felt they could comment on your weight! It's so demeaning. We are more than how much or how little we weigh. Much much more.

@Faebert Sorry to hear about your assistant, that is such a long stretch! I'd be so stressed too. Great job letting the urge pass! I always log, good, bad, or ugly and sometimes it helps me make better decisions-although not always! ;) Yay for you!

@Snowflake1968 Fickle weather! LOL! Walking is such a great exercise. I can't believe all those years when I didn't give it it's due. Now I do it all the time. And even a ten minute walk or walking fast between errands helps. :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Yet again I am being schedule, so I'll have to write about my day later, but I FINALLY stayed within my calories yesterday!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 6/4:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😁
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!😞
    6. Workout after work😁
    7. Do laundry😁

JFT 6/5:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!
    6. Buy groceries
    7. Put away laundry
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday

- Get up early and go to the gym for the first time in over a month. :smiley: So kept trying to talk myself out of this.
    - Get ready and try to look decent for work. No ball cap today. :smile: I tried & I did fix my hair.
    - Protein Bar for breakfast when workers finish in my office :smile:
    - Check in on MFP folks :smile:
    - Work on East End capabilities chart :smile:
    - Lunch 300-400cal :smile:
    - 2 mile walk at work :( Only got a little over a mile when I remembered I had a meeting, oops!
    - PPE Matrix if EE is complete :smile:
    - Home by 5:00 :smile: Well left work by 5:00 and had to pick up kiddo so I was home by 5:30. The point was to be out of work by 5:00 so YAY!
    - Actually go walk this evening :( Nope went shopping with the family.
    - Actually do laundry this evening :| One measly load. It is overflowing the hampers... ugh
    - Dinner within limits :)
    - Lay out clothes for gym :)
    - Bed by 11:00 :)

JFT Wednesday

- Up early to go to the gym :smile: Hard sell this morning
    - 20 Cardio on the arc trainer, Legs & Abs :/ Yes, Yes, No.
    - Stop at grocery on the way home and buy fruit to take to work :smile: Pears & Nectarines
    - Protein bar for breakfast. :smile:
    - Log everything, GBU
    - At least 1L H2O before soda :smile:
    - Work e-mails :smile:
    - Check-in on MFP :smile:
    - PPE Matrix yet again
    - Lunch 350 - 450 cal
    - Walk at work if not raining
    - Home by 5:30
    - Laundry
    - Dinner within calorie allotment
    - Skip church to do laundry, not ideal
    - Maybe get a walk in laundry & weather permitting or ride the trainer (ugh. I hate the trainer)
    - Lay out clothes for the gym
    - Bed by 11:00

Yesterday was pretty good I hit all of my goals except laundry. I can live with that. Particularly proud of dinner. The fam and I were out shopping and decided to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings. Not a place filled with healthy choices. There are a few, but I wanted boneless wings, buffalo chips & cheese curds. I skipped the cheese curds, but I ordered what I wanted. I ordered a small serving of wings than normal, and only ate half. I did eat a little more than half of the chips ~2/3. It wasn't the healthiest meal, but it all fit within my plan for the day and I didn't feel deprived. I was hungry a couple hours later. There was noting in the house that I was willing to spend the calories on, so I went to bed. Big win.

Reluctantly got up this morning to go to the gym. Really tough as I didn't sleep well and my bed was all cozy. I decided that today I would do the arc trainer for cardio. The machine that intimidated me yesterday. I did do it at a lower level than I'd like, but I did it for the full planned 20 min. My legs were a little jello-y from the AT, but it was leg day so off I went. Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Hip Abduction, Hip Adduction and Glutes, phew! Unfortunately, the effort and low calorie (not so nutritious) eating yesterday left me in bad shape. Shaky and dizzy. Just blood sugar, but I had no snacks with me. Had to skip abs. Sigh. Still better than no workout.

Positive Thought: What I've learned from my past, but sometimes forget: I am capable of great things. I am stronger than I give myself credit for. I am more resilient than I thought possible. I am a forgiving person. I have friends I can count on. I can live a healthy lifestyle. I am creative. I am a good mother, daughter and wife. I defend my friends. I am a good employee, teacher and student. I am loved no matter my weight. Just to name a few ;)

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 Great job on the 280 days AND the 25 POUNDS!!!!

@Snowflake1968 I've missed my walks the last 2 days for no real reason... You are doing great and you'll be back out there soon!

@Bex953172 Fab job getting to the gym! I hope it is contagious & lasting.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run - 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting. Change clothes.
    3. Movie 12:45. Draft project. Quiz.
    4. Take S to library; pick up new book. Birthday for A.
    5. Discussion post 2. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Build saag.
    6. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Quiz. Download articles to review for essay. Pack lunch and log it. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Review articles and take notes on break. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. Note - June 22 (Sat) arrive late; can work first week of July as needed.
    3. Write reflective essay. Prep cheese. Build saag.
    4. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Next Thursday is lunch with A. Check on lunch with B for tomorrow.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: Not feeling particularly positive. :( Weight still trending up. Got my lowest quiz score in a long time and I'm not happy with the questions. Just... ugh. At least these stupid quizzes aren't worth a lot. Which means I need to make sure I don't muck up the essay.

Pouting.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good day today. No headache at work until late in the day, thank God. Tomorrow morning is the brain MRI, which I'm seriously nervous about...not because I'm afraid of the results, but because I'm claustrophobic and they are going to put a cage over my head so I can't move. That scares the bejeezus out of me. I'll be fine, but it's making me nauseous to think about it.

Between seizures, a ruptured brain aneurysm and a tumor, I've been through a bunch of these. For me, the worst part is not the cage, it is the noise. Those things are LOUD. The best course of action is to not think about it beforehand and once you are in there, practice going to your happy place. Also, remember to breathe!

You can get through it, the imaging doesn't take very long...an MRA is a bit longer if you are having contrast.

Oh my gosh, I had forgotten you had the ruptured brain aneurysm. I did okay in the MRI (MRA?). It was with and without contrast and took about 40 minutes. I had them turn the music up, and they now have a type of camera and mirror set up inside the face/head cage that points straight at the radiology staff who are doing the test so it was like watching them or watching TV or something while listening to music. I didn't feel as trapped since I was able to see everyone in the office room. I'm really relieved to have it done and over with! Now the wait for the results.

I'm glad to hear your colonoscopy went well! :) I have one scheduled at the end of the month but am probably going to reschedule until we figure this whole double vision thing out!

Good job! 40 minutes is a long time to be in one of those! I hope that you get some answers soon.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Tuesday:
    1. Do grocery shopping :)
    2. Food prep for the rest of the week :neutral: eh...made progress
    3. 10,000 steps :( 8861
    4. Do some work in the garden. try to prevent crazy “master” gardener lady from pulling up my cucurbits :)
    5. 8C water :)

1. Happy birthday to me!
    2. Weigh in
    3. No social eating at work
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. 8C water
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday June 4 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :/
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - >:) / :)
    Walk 1 Mile - >:)
    Squats - 20
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - >:)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :/

JFT - Wednesday June 5 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

Yesterday I had grand plans to get back into the swing of things and was just lazy all day until Rodger got home from work. He wanted to go to Costco which he never does, then afterwards he said OK to eating out, also which he never does. I agreed to it all because he never does. Needless to say, I enjoyed my time with him but then we came home and did nothing except sit on the couch.

Today I need to clean my house and get it ready to start crafting again. I can't spend all of my morning on social media like I did yesterday.