JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    French is all done now!

The afternoon was better than the morning. The listening exercise was quite hard, don't think I did super well on that but hopefully I picked up a few marks. But then the reading and writing were really quite easy (as far as I could tell anyway) so hopefully I did well on those and that will compensate for the others if I didn't do so well on those!

It feels good to be freeeeeeeeeee although I don't feel super well. In preparing for the exam I've got stressed, not got enough sleep and also eaten a lot of junk. So I feel rather tired and my insides just feel unsettled. I think I need lots of rest, relaxation, and good nutritious food to recover! (So it's a shame we are having pizza tonight really, hmm).

Results aren't till August, so for now just have to forget about what's passed and focus on the future!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Other than the screw up at work which really is a pretty big deal, yesterday was pretty good. I resisted the urge to stress eat. I think identifying it and tell y'all helped me. Today I have to go see the counselor and the psychiatrist. I never look forward to this, but I'm particularly anxious today. They are going to weigh me. I haven't been there is over a month and really don't want to see how far up that number on the scale has gone. Think I'm changing counselors. I really liked the guy I saw here. He gets me. We actually used to ride bikes together, and I thought that would make me uncomfortable, but it didn't. He was genuine, we connected well and I liked that he prayed with me at the end of the session. Although, I always feel odd when someone prays for me. It's like I'm just important enough to bother God.

This really struck a chord with me. I always feel kind of uncomfortable, almost like I Have to shift in my seat, when someone prays for me, with me. My mom does this more than anyone else, and it's really touching and meaningful, but I think I feel like I don't deserve it or something. Your new counselor sounds like a very kind and genuine human being and that is very important when trusting someone to be your therapist. (((HUGS)))
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Jacqui2494 - I don’t like a gym either, I have paid for a membership on two separate occasions and won’t ever again. How is the new baby and your daughter? Is the baby a boy or girl?

Zizzybumble - how long are you home for before you go back?

Littleblackskirt - wouldn’t it be nice if humans still answered phones? Calling any big corporation or government office is such a pain.

Bex953172 - oh no! Sorry about the dog. It really is disheartening when you clean and the kids wreck it. Do they have a separate area to play in, or just the main living area?

Wannabeskinnycat - love the Dr. Seuss.

Korina75 - almost done hang in there.

Aubyshortcake - 2-5 years down the road isn’t too bad, but if they knock a little off the price it would be even better.

Bookmeister86 - you are probably done everything now for your French exam I hope it went well for you. How long before you get results?

Lafayettenana - June challenge is to log everything accurately the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Well all their toys are in their room, so they can either play up there, we dont mind that getting messy really, they know how to put their toys away.

But down stairs they just run about, pulling the cushions off the sofa, cant as much as leave a sock anywhere without them getting their hands on it, theyre completely messy with their food, anything, even a tissue, soon as your backs turned, it will be ripped into pieces. Cups, spoons, wrappers.
    They will actually just throw it on the floor right infront of me. Obv i tell them to pick it up and bin or sink it but its just when im not watching.
    Clothes, if they take them off they just get dumped on the floor.. even though theres a washing basket permsnently infront of the washer in the kitchen.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Friday

- June Challenge
    - Gym/Exercise
    - 4 cups of water
    - Walk dog this evening.

@Bex953172 I love you Sis. I hope puppy gets to feeling better. Hope he hasn't accidentally gotten into something
    or worse, I hope nothing has gotten into him.
    Hugs for you💕
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Friday

- June Challenge
    - Gym/Exercise
    - 4 cups of water
    - Walk dog this evening.

@Bex953172 I love you Sis. I hope puppy gets to feeling better. Hope he hasn't accidentally gotten into something
    or worse, I hope nothing has gotten into him.
    Hugs for you💕

Hes been fine today, i didnt give him breakfast so hopefully his tummys settled, he does seem ready for his dinner, he keeps trying to eat mine!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    - Up early for the gym :( Didn't sleep well and just couldn't do it. So today became a rest day.
    - In to work early :smile: 6:50 instead of 8-8:30
    - Log everything, GBU
    - At least 1L of H2O before soda :smile:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smile:
    - Work on Ash Project :smile: Not finished, but I did work on it
    - Try to mitigate damage from the mistake that was presented yesterday... :smile: A little closer to making it ok
    - Healthy snack - fruit :smile: Nectarine
    - Half day today: Go talk to talk doc & med doc. :smile: I was so not in the mood for that.
    - Lunch or heavy snack after docs :smile: Had some popcorn
    - Bake/decorate the actual wedding cake (super anxious) :smile: :o:( That was a cluster
    - Clean my house and prepare for guests (family) tomorrow for dinner. :( Kids got a good start on it.
    - Set clothes out for the gym :( Didn't bother
    - Bed by 10:30 :( Ummm No

I'm late getting on today, ughhh 1:30 and no stated goals...

Yesterday was a series of mistakes and time consumption without value. I was anxious to start because I had a million thinks to do AND I had to go see the shrinks. That means 5 hours out of my busy day to drive to doc office (1.5 hr), see therapist (1 hr) and med doc (45 min), blood work (15 min), then drive back home (1.5 hr). At least they are in the same office. Its amazing I can get anything done on doc days!

I started baking the cake when I got home, but realized I only had 3 eggs and needed 6, grrrrr. Hubby got eggs and an extra thing of sour cream. I had extra batter so I made a few cupcakes, and ate a cupcake worth of batter). Not thinking of heat transfer and thermodynamics, I put the cupcakes on the rack beneath the cake and did NOT switch the oven to convection. While the cake was baking DH took V to do a little picture shoot with her friend that was in the hospital the last day of school. It was really sweet. Long story longer, the cake was raw inside when the time was up. I moved the cupcakes (they were done-ish) and let the cake finish baking. I ate a hot cupcake (it was good) while waiting for the cake to cook. I took it out, but I wasn't convinced it wouldn't be dry or rubbery with all of the extra bake time. While cake cooled I went to my in-laws to see family that came in. They left dinner out for me, so I ate. I ate too much, but I was okay with that, it was good. The more I thought about it the more I convinced myself to make another cake. DH and I stopped at WM on the way home to get stuff for our cookout tonight, and stuff for me to bake another cake. While getting stuff to bake the cake I realized I had put twice the amount of sour cream called for in the last cake. Damn. Definitely baking another cake. It was 10:43 when I started making the 2nd cake of the day. I set it out to cool over night. I got up at 4:00 this morning, leveled, crumb coated (took a 20 nap while it cooled), iced the cake and decorated the cake. Unfortunately, it just doesn't look good. I called the bride and told her I wasn't happy with it and would remake it tonight to deliver in the morning. So tonight after the cookout for which I'm not really prepared (kids are cleaning the house, DH is grilling tonight) I will make my 4th cake for this wedding. One practice cake that looked great, one cake with the wrong ingredients, and one cake that was just ugly. Lord help me! Did i mention I couldn't finish decorating the cake because I was out of piping bags...

JFT Friday

- Up at 4:00. Decorate cake. :/ See above
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:10
    - 1L of H2O before soda :( Honestly had a diet Mt Dew at 4:30 AM...
    - Log every bite, GBU
    - Protein Bar for breakfast :( Well, I ate a bit of the cake that I took off leveling with icing smeared on it at 4:30 with
    my DMD. It's like a protein bar???
    - Answer 19,000,000 emails
    - Work on GLobal Lab stuff :smile:
    - Protein bar and fruit for lunch :)
    - Buy Sierra's nightstand from Wayfair
    - Have a meeting with lab personnel about changes in the Ash method.
    - Home by 5:00. Prep, fruit, veggies, etc.
    - People start showing up 5:00-5:30
    - Visit and pretend to be calm and put together.
    - Say goodbye and bake a *kitten*!n& cake
    - Set aside my no alcohol rule.
    - Decorate the cake
    - Go to bed

Then there is tomorrow... dut dut daaaaa

Positive thought: If I fail to meet expectations, it is rarely for lack of trying. Being a perfectionist often benefits others.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Jacqui2494 - I don’t like a gym either, I have paid for a membership on two separate occasions and won’t ever again. How is the new baby and your daughter? Is the baby a boy or girl?

Zizzybumble - how long are you home for before you go back?

Littleblackskirt - wouldn’t it be nice if humans still answered phones? Calling any big corporation or government office is such a pain.

Bex953172 - oh no! Sorry about the dog. It really is disheartening when you clean and the kids wreck it. Do they have a separate area to play in, or just the main living area?

Wannabeskinnycat - love the Dr. Seuss.

Korina75 - almost done hang in there.

Aubyshortcake - 2-5 years down the road isn’t too bad, but if they knock a little off the price it would be even better.

Bookmeister86 - you are probably done everything now for your French exam I hope it went well for you. How long before you get results?

Lafayettenana - June challenge is to log everything accurately the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I am only here for 2 weeks. The garden has turned into a jungle but it was raining all day so I will be eating dinner and looking at the weeds!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 7th June

Stay under maintenance I think so. Ate a few jaffa cakes. Do you have jaffa cakes in the US? they are yum
    Back exercises no, must do better!
    Make physio appointment read the stuff from the docs, and decided I need to make appointment at surgery
    Visit parents yes
    Make phone calls, hate doing this! ("Your call is important to us...") yes
    Garden before it rains yes
    Prep for work tomorrow yes

Don't really feel like much today, but will push on and get things done. I know I'll feel better by the evening if I've got a lot done. Been busy all day, so did get a lot done, got my shelves put up too :)

I'm not going to post goals for tomorrow as I'll be away all day working, and won't eat until I get home again.
    No, I should have one - drink more! I never drink enough when I'm away, always come home dehydrated.

• Bex953172
    Options
    Friday

- June Challenge 🙂
    - Gym/Exercise🙂
    - 4 cups of water 🙂
    - Walk dog this evening.❌

Everythings logged!
    Exercise is done!

Had 5 cups of water, been trying to reach 5 or 6 last few days and not making it, but reducing the amount on the goal has made it more managable and now ive exceeded it!

Kinda forgot about the dog!.. oops!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 7 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg. :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge >:) it was raining and I decided against getting wet!
    April challenge :) Kind neighbours have kept the front garden tidy
    May challenge :)
    June challenge :)

I didn't post goals yesterday as I knew I'd not meet them but today I will buckle down and start the process of loosing to get back into my maintenance range. I will also unpack and Put it all away (I'm not good at that), go shopping for food and start on the 6 weeks accumulation of post and associated tasks.

It rained all day so I didn't tackle the jungle that used to be a back garden but I did unpack, start on the finances and buy food.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Late in the day to post, but here I am. Had a super crappy day at work due to my Asst. Mgr. again, and no time for anything else. In fact, late afternoon I realized I'm behind in my water, and tomorrow morning I am walking in a 10k race. Drinking water right now!

Did my x-train (weights/circuit) before work & SAD dog. Logged all my food to this point, and when youngest brother and his wife arrive in less than 30 minutes, we will go to the pre-race spaghetti feed and vendor expo. I won't overdo & will guesstimate later. Then I will give them a tour of the corral and post-race areas so we can figure out our plans to meet after, and I will show them the entire course. Soooo looking forward to this!

I'll catch up JFT later. Hugs to everyone!!! <3
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/7
    Drink lots of water 😁
    2 glasses of wine at dinner only😁
    Deep breathing meditation as needed😩
    30 minutes exercise😁

Breathe.... almost done....
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Friday, June 7, 2019
    Log Accurately :)
    60 Minutes intentional walking :)
    Be attentive at Synod Assembly :)

Assembly was interesting. We held elections for our Synod Bishop. It is a somewhat complicated process that can take up to six votes over the two days. Our current Bishop was reelected overwhelming on first ballot (which almost never happens). Because of that, the schedule is changed up so we will be done after lunch tomorrow.

Ended up getting in a decent amount of walking. Walked from our church (which is across street from university where Assembly is held this year) so got a good walk in up the hill. At lunch I was able to get two loops of the main driveway (involves that very decent hill again). Didn't eat any of the candy they had sitting around, so pleased with myself.

Aubyshortcake -congrats on being approved for loan. The loan company may say something about the roof, and you may be able to negotiate price down a bit with it being that old,

Snowflake1968 -good job on swimming and dive. While I can keep myself afloat, I never learned swimming properly. Might have to look into that.

Bookmeister86 -at least you made it through the exams—that’s all you can do for now. Hopefully your hard work pays off.

Saturday, June 8, 2019
    Log accurately
    60 minutes intentional walking
    Be attentive at Synod assembly
    Try to find new capris at Kohls (old ones too big)
    Grocery shop
    Laundry

Good luck to all for Saturday.

Ginny in Ohio
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Im proud to announce that the yoga mat has been unwrapped and rolled out LOL

And i just nearly died on it doing the Sweaty Betty workout!!

@Bex953172 😂😂😂 YOU'RE TOO FUNNY... I love it!
  • iSalemBZ
    iSalemBZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i just look upon my boobs and i see them getting bigger daily
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 8 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge

It's not supposed to rain all of today so I will get into the garden and deal with some of the weeds. Plenty of indoor tasks to do if it does rain!

Hope you all have a good day