• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Drink water 👎
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Mom and MIL over at 1; names and addresses for shower, cupcake ideas, favor ideas. Soup for lunch, send some home for stepdad ✔
    4. Rest without guilt ✔
    5. One load of DH laundry 👎
    6. Pack lunches for two days ✔
    7. Bed by 830, lights out by 930 👎
    8. Snuffle box enrichment for dog 👎

Had a really nice family day so not sweating the goals I did not meet. I do need to get back into enrichment games for the dog since outside time is minimal. I have a few habits id liken to incorporate and refresh, that being one, and also breathing and stretching techniques. Im going to purchase a video called "spinning babies" which is designed specifically to get baby into a good laboring position and ready mom for a comfortable birth. My only real birth plan right now is to be as ready and healthy as possible for a natural birth, but also be open to any interventions and pain management needed. DH is working til 5 now, long days 6am-5pm but that gives me 30 minutes of alone time to focus on exercises and meditation.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Order Spinning Babies Daily Essentials
    6. Practice Daily Essentials
    7. Snuffle box for dog
    8. Fill hot tub to level (find hose)
    9. Load of DHs laundry
    10. Bed by 9. Lights out by 930

I think that is the best birth plan ever. Honestly, I think it's good to have an idea for one but just remember it's probably not going to go as planned lol!
    Ive seen where women have planned it to every detail and when it's gone completely off their ideal plan it's upset them in a way? Which I get, but there's kind of no planning for it, there's no knowing what could happen apart from the fact that one way or another, a baby is coming out lol!
    So being open to interventions and pain reliefs is good, kind of a go-with-the-flow birth plan! Which sounds like you have!

I hope you don't mind me talking about it too much, I just love babies haha

No way, i dont mind at all! I love and appreciate your insights and opinions! Its nice to have someone to talk to about it. I was working with one lady who has a 3 year old but shes been since been laid off and youre my only other mom friend my age really!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll join in the next challenge

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 11/11 180

I sometimes wonder why I'm still coming onto MFP, as I'm really not making the effort. I hope it is keeping weight in my mind so I don't go up. For the first half of this year I was concentrating on achieving less back and leg pain, and being happy and grateful. Now, with all the problems with parents, I just feel as if all the joy has been sucked out of my life. I get up in the morning and my heart sinks knowing what the day will hold. Don't get me wrong, I want my parents cared for and I'm doing everything I need to. I just don't always want to do it, it's relentless, every day. When I need to take the occasional day away for my business I feel guilty. I miss doing the things I used to. And there's no happy ending on the horizon, I know it will get worse. Ugh, so sorry for moaning, it's not something you can really discuss in real life.

So, JFT Monday 11th November

Parents - visits, laundry, errands
    Drink enough
    Stay under maintenance
    Bags to charity shop

I think it's great that you're still coming on here, with everything you have going on. It's very easy to gain when life gets tough - I imagine checking in here will be helping you avoid that, just by making you think about it regular.

I'm so sorry you are having such a rubbish time at the moment. I totally understand that it's hard work and that you don't want to do it every day. I don't think anyone would and I am full of admiration for your resilience in keeping doing it.

You mentioned having a day away for your business, but it sounds to me like sometimes you might need a break for yourself? It's important to take time to look after yourself as well, whether that be self-care or spending time with loved ones who can boost you a little bit. Or doing something fun! I guess it's difficult when you are busy but to me a quick phone call/ quick soak in the tub/ quick cat video can work wonders.

Take care and never feel guilty for moaning. We all moan occasionally and you have more reason to than most! Xx
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    5'11"
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

I am SO ready for another challenge. With being sick for 2 weeks, I've been drinking a lot of orange juice, plus we just got back from seeing our son for his wedding reception .. so too much food, alcohol, and my weight is up. So time to really buckle down!

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11
    5'11"
    SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 5)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6
    CW: 183.6 (current weight today)

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today, Monday, Nov 11
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
    5. get back on track logging all food

How is the situation with your son now? Is this the same son who had a divorce and got with someone new but you were unsure about? Is everything going good for them now? X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT
    1. Drink water 👎
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Mom and MIL over at 1; names and addresses for shower, cupcake ideas, favor ideas. Soup for lunch, send some home for stepdad ✔
    4. Rest without guilt ✔
    5. One load of DH laundry 👎
    6. Pack lunches for two days ✔
    7. Bed by 830, lights out by 930 👎
    8. Snuffle box enrichment for dog 👎

Had a really nice family day so not sweating the goals I did not meet. I do need to get back into enrichment games for the dog since outside time is minimal. I have a few habits id liken to incorporate and refresh, that being one, and also breathing and stretching techniques. Im going to purchase a video called "spinning babies" which is designed specifically to get baby into a good laboring position and ready mom for a comfortable birth. My only real birth plan right now is to be as ready and healthy as possible for a natural birth, but also be open to any interventions and pain management needed. DH is working til 5 now, long days 6am-5pm but that gives me 30 minutes of alone time to focus on exercises and meditation.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Order Spinning Babies Daily Essentials
    6. Practice Daily Essentials
    7. Snuffle box for dog
    8. Fill hot tub to level (find hose)
    9. Load of DHs laundry
    10. Bed by 9. Lights out by 930

I think that is the best birth plan ever. Honestly, I think it's good to have an idea for one but just remember it's probably not going to go as planned lol!
    Ive seen where women have planned it to every detail and when it's gone completely off their ideal plan it's upset them in a way? Which I get, but there's kind of no planning for it, there's no knowing what could happen apart from the fact that one way or another, a baby is coming out lol!
    So being open to interventions and pain reliefs is good, kind of a go-with-the-flow birth plan! Which sounds like you have!

I hope you don't mind me talking about it too much, I just love babies haha

No way, i dont mind at all! I love and appreciate your insights and opinions! Its nice to have someone to talk to about it. I was working with one lady who has a 3 year old but shes been since been laid off and youre my only other mom friend my age really!

Oo goodie!
    My 3 year old Marley is an absolute devil child ATM.
    I went in with the go with the flow attitude and everything that happened I wouldn't have even thought of! In every pregnancy. So I'm glad o didn't have a plan lol!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    J4T / Sunday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly :smile:
    • Drink 80+ oz of water :# Almost! Better than normal, so it's kind of a win?
    • 15 minutes of cardio :)
    • 15 minutes of strength training :)
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunchbag packed / Binder updated for new provider tomorrow :)
    • UNPLUGGED SUNDAY except MFP :s
    • Bed early with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...). :) Most of it. Still haven't picked out a new book to read yet though.

I feel bad we have to start the Discard 5 lb challenge over, because I did go back up 2 lbs. I had a feeling it was water weight that would come back on when I ate crappy at the Tailgate party we had at work. Sorry!

I'm working with a new provider at a clinic all day today and probably tomorrow also. It throws off my eating habits so it's been a bit of a challenge. I usually pack a lunch and eat at my desk. Today I had to run out, so instead of going for fast food, I ran home and grabbed a few things out of the fridge and chuffed those down. Malt o Meal hot cereal; carrot and celery with hummus, and mixed nuts. Grabbed an apple that I sliced up and threw in a baggy for a snack later.

I watched a documentary on Netflix this weekend that was really interesting. It was about the effects of eating meat for protein versus eating plant based foods to get nutrients. I cannot think of the name of it, but wondered if anyone else saw it and what your thoughts were if you did... Do we have anyone on here who doesn't eat meat? I don't know how a person could possibly get enough protein without eating meat but it intrigued me enough (the results) that I'm curious to learn more now.

Hoping to get outside tonight with Maddie for a nice evening walk. I don't like walking in the dark, but I bought some accessories to hang on her collar and put on my shoes and jacket that light up and blink so cars can see us and my husband is getting me a head lamp to wear over my hat so I can see, so we'll see.

Anyhow, JFT Goals are:

Discard 5 lbs Challenge #5
    Name: Tracie
    SW: 184.4 lb
    GW: 179.4 lb

J4T / Monday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • 15+ minutes of cardio
    • 10-15 minutes of strength training
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set
    • Research recipes for bean and rice dishes and look through Mediterranean cookbook.
    • Daily Bible Study: Lose Weight God's Way :smiley:Done!
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...).

Word of 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

• Bex953172
    Options
    J4T / Sunday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly :smile:
    • Drink 80+ oz of water :# Almost! Better than normal, so it's kind of a win?
    • 15 minutes of cardio :)
    • 15 minutes of strength training :)
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunchbag packed / Binder updated for new provider tomorrow :)
    • UNPLUGGED SUNDAY except MFP :s
    • Bed early with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...). :) Most of it. Still haven't picked out a new book to read yet though.

I feel bad we have to start the Discard 5 lb challenge over, because I did go back up 2 lbs. I had a feeling it was water weight that would come back on when I ate crappy at the Tailgate party we had at work. Sorry!

I'm working with a new provider at a clinic all day today and probably tomorrow also. It throws off my eating habits so it's been a bit of a challenge. I usually pack a lunch and eat at my desk. Today I had to run out, so instead of going for fast food, I ran home and grabbed a few things out of the fridge and chuffed those down. Malt o Meal hot cereal; carrot and celery with hummus, and mixed nuts. Grabbed an apple that I sliced up and threw in a baggy for a snack later.

I watched a documentary on Netflix this weekend that was really interesting. It was about the effects of eating meat for protein versus eating plant based foods to get nutrients. I cannot think of the name of it, but wondered if anyone else saw it and what your thoughts were if you did... Do we have anyone on here who doesn't eat meat? I don't know how a person could possibly get enough protein without eating meat but it intrigued me enough (the results) that I'm curious to learn more now.

Hoping to get outside tonight with Maddie for a nice evening walk. I don't like walking in the dark, but I bought some accessories to hang on her collar and put on my shoes and jacket that light up and blink so cars can see us and my husband is getting me a head lamp to wear over my hat so I can see, so we'll see.

Anyhow, JFT Goals are:

Discard 5 lbs Challenge #5
    Name: Tracie
    SW: 184.4 lb
    GW: 179.4 lb

J4T / Monday
    • Journal every bite - good, bad & ugly
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • 15+ minutes of cardio
    • 10-15 minutes of strength training
    • Prep for tomorrow: clothing / lunch bag packed / coffeemaker set
    • Research recipes for bean and rice dishes and look through Mediterranean cookbook.
    • Daily Bible Study: Lose Weight God's Way :smiley:Done!
    • Early bedtime with evening routine: Skin care / Gratitude journal / DO reading / JM podcast / SA daily reading / pick a book to read (still haven't found a new book to read yet...).

Word of 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

Don't be silly! I know the rules aren't perfect but there's no other way to do it really!!
    And plus I feel like it's got everyone motivated now that's it's starting again!
    You won it fair and square :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, late checking in but I did set goals first thing this morning and have met most of them. Heading for an early night now so I can face my 6:30am Warrior class tomorrow. Lots of love to you all x

Sunday goals recap:
    - finish housework and laundry ✅
    - string mirror and rehang ✅
    - Organise and clean fridge ✅
    - Sweep steps/ clear leaves ✅
    - Sort car insurance ✅
    - Tanning ✅
    - Wash girls’ hair ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎

Monday goals:
    morning workout and weigh-in ✅
    Pack snacks and schoolbag ✅
    Certificate on arrival at school ✅
    Call breast nursing team at breaktime ✅
    Check parents eve appointment schedule ✅
    Online grocery shop ✅
    Get kids to do Christmas lists ❎
    Pack gym bag✅
    Bed by 9:30❎
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 151.2 (11/11)
    GW: 146.2
    11/11: CW: 151.2:

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Mon 11 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Laundry ✅
    • Prep for afternoon session ✅
    • 2pm: Monday Painters ✅

JFT: Tue 12 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10.30 am: Patchwork Group
    • after lunch: Sort out dining room and finish accounts
    Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

RIP: Robert Morrow, VC (Great Uncle)

jwhecd20ju7s.jpg
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Be in the green >:)Had a binge on the way home, then some wine, which tipped me over. It's a shame as I thought I'd cracked the binging, but never mind - I'll eat better the rest of the week
    - 3 bottles water >:)2.5

- No eating whilst standing >:)
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :|
    - Stay positive >:)

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Finish work at 6.30pm :smile:
    - Do 1+ thing in French >:) forgot
    - Survey re insurance >:) lacked time
    - Laundry :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :neutral: not too long after

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 3 bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Do 1+ thing in French
    - Read something for interview
    - Train home by 22.15
    - Prep for running

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @bookmeister86 and @Bex953172 , thank you for your kind words.

@mytime6630 , lovely photos, thanks for sharing. By the way, you definitely do NOT look old!!!

So, JFT Monday 11th November

Parents - visits, laundry, errands yes
    Drink enough yes
    Stay under maintenance ummm, debatable. That's why I should be logging!
    Bags to charity shop yes

JFT Tuesday 12th Nov

Back exercises
    Drink enough
    Stay under maintenance
    Do not buy chocolate
    Prep for trip tomorrow
    Lift the big bag

I've been trying to encourage myself and think ahead. I lose weight quite slowly probably due to the limited exercise I can manage. So if I want to be wearing my smaller clothes by the time it gets warmer next year, I have around 6 months. It's not so long and I'm sure it will go by quickly. So telling myself to focus on next summer!

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 12/11 180

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 , yes tell yourself the day can only get better :)

Apologies if this is insensitive, I don't know your family's back story. Does Ash not help you with the children? Why would he phone you instead of seeing to Casey himself?
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, jumping on quickly while the class is in assembly! Had a great start to the day at Warrior class this morning. Tough but I really enjoyed it. Feeling motivated! Hope it continues x

Tuesday goals
    warrior class 6:30am ✅
    Weigh in ✅
    Pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    Check on workshop on arrival ✅
    Agree afternoon lesson schedule ✅
    Prep handwriting resource ✅
    Call nurses again
    Make parents evening schedule list
    General classroom tidy
    Leave by 5
    P parents evening 5:30pm
    Bed by 9:30pm

Have a great day all x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    @littleblackskirt I agree with what the others have already said. Looking after aging parents can be very difficult. The emotions you are feeling are entirely natural, so please do not add guilt to your burden. Vent here if you need to let off steam. Coming here is a positive step as it can focus your mind on keeping fit and healthy. As for weight loss, slow is good, as the weight loss is more likely to be sustainable.

@PackerFanInGB What Bex said. Our rules say first past the post. Lol! 🥇🏆 🎉🍾🥂 Congratulations 🏆🥇🥂🍾🎉 on losing the 5lbs fair and square. What happens after is irrelevant. 😂 Weight bounces up and down all the time. You are doing so well. 😍 that you ran home for healthy food! And great idea about the lights for night walking. I have been amazed the last couple of weeks at how difficult it is to see people when driving, especially in all the heavy rain we have been getting. Roughly whereabouts in GB are you? I'm just outside Belfast in NI

@mytime6630 Lovely photos. Best wishes to son and his new wife.

I'm so impressed with the way people keep coming back here day after day. Kudos for taking such a positive step.
    I think you all deserve 🌟⭐️🌟 Superstar 🌟⭐️🌟 Status for tenacity.

It's a dull grey day. Looking forward to my Patchwork Group this morning.

I love the 5 lb Challenge. It has helped me lose over 15lbs in 3 months!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 11 November

Log accurately :|
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:) doubt it, did not log it though
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - eat below maintenance >:) not according to the scales

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 12 November

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    WATER
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy scale trend - be below maintenance
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Fast until at least 11:00
    2. Gym
    3. Log all food
    4. Drink 100oz water
    5. Stop eating by 7:00
    6. Don’t eat any unhealthy snacks.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 , yes tell yourself the day can only get better :)

Apologies if this is insensitive, I don't know your family's back story. Does Ash not help you with the children? Why would he phone you instead of seeing to Casey himself?

Not in the morning, tbh it's best to let her cry it out in the morning because she always goes sleep. I just can't leave her on her own downstairs when I take the girls to school. It's not so bad when markets there too.
    Cause of his disorders, he just needs to get rest and then he'll be fine for the day, but if he has to get up he'll be in a foul mood all day so we agreed that I would do it every morning. Sounds weird but I'd rather him be able to help me through the day than not at all.
    I can get up early, I might be grumpy because I am NOT a morning person but I can deal with it lol!