JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    I am a food addict and binge eat still from time to time. I had a half of a half pint of ice cream today when I had envisioned not havi g sugar today. But I did a soulful yoga class and I sat with myself and I tried to offer up some understanding and reframing of my conscious choice to sabotage myself this afternoon.

Also, I want to say that today is my first day of accountability, and doing an aerobic exercise per day to remind myself that I can commit and be true. Cheers.

I have days where I just eat chocolate biscuits and stuff, that's it, until dinner anyway. I don't know why I do it lol! I guess I find it comforting? Did the soulful yoga help? I might give it a go!
    Although to be fair I haven't exercised in AGES!

I'm having trouble with the commitment part ATM, some days I'll do fine and I'll drink water eat well and log and then I'll just, stop. And revert right back, and for no reason!!

I hope you're enjoying you're aerobic exercise :) I like doing dance cardio! Glad to have you with us! Hopefully we can keep you going with your accountability!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    JFT Tues!

- weigh in for challenge! ✅
    - Get a shower✅
    - Tidy house (mainly kitchen ✅and Saskias room❌)
    - Get 8 waters in❌❌❌
    - Eat the best I can and try log it (it's dead hard on my phone tbh cause I don't have the app) but I'll try❌

Okay, so I did SOME things. I have weighed in but I got 2 different readings, so gonna do it again tomorrow and see what it's saying!
    Got quite a bit of tidying today actually, polished all the windows, cleaned the sofas, tidied the kitchen and mopped up! And got all the rubbish out the house and general clutter.
    Didn't get my waters in, kinda forgot about that!
    And I've not logged, again.

Hmm, but I guess the good thing is that I've posted goals, achieved some. And I'm gonna do the same tomorrow and try remember them!

Don't really know how to get motivated again. It's an understatement to say I've gotten lazy about my health goals. And I think lazy is the worst thing you can be on a journey like this!
    Any ideas to be anti-lazy haha
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    I am a food addict and binge eat still from time to time. I had a half of a half pint of ice cream today when I had envisioned not havi g sugar today. But I did a soulful yoga class and I sat with myself and I tried to offer up some understanding and reframing of my conscious choice to sabotage myself this afternoon.

Also, I want to say that today is my first day of accountability, and doing an aerobic exercise per day to remind myself that I can commit and be true. Cheers.

Welcome! I also struggle with binging ... mostly when I am under stress. It is so easy to eat without even thinking of what I am eating. What I am trying is to keep fruit handy ... and I try to grab that instead. Its hard to binge on apples. But this agin, like you said is a conscious choice, and, at least for me, binge eating is not a conscious choice.
    Being accountable is the thing that helps so much ... and we are happy to have you join us. Aerobic exercise is a good reminder that you can do this!
  • MancLass
    MancLass Posts: 33 Member
    Just for today I stuck to my 3 commitments - so I'm feeling positive. Hoping I can make the last 7 weeks of the year balance out my rocky year. No weigh in today because I'm working away from home and in a hotel - but that's probably a good thing - it's nice to be away from the tyranny of the scales!

1. Eat 3 meals, no snacks
    2. Complete MFP diary
    3. Walk 8,000 steps
  • Bex953172
    MancLass wrote: »
    Just for today I stuck to my 3 commitments - so I'm feeling positive. Hoping I can make the last 7 weeks of the year balance out my rocky year. No weigh in today because I'm working away from home and in a hotel - but that's probably a good thing - it's nice to be away from the tyranny of the scales!

1. Eat 3 meals, no snacks
    2. Complete MFP diary
    3. Walk 8,000 steps

Do you live in the uk? In Manchester? Just read your username x
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    12/11: CW: 151.2: - 0.6

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Tue 12 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10.30 am: Patchwork Group ✅
    • after lunch: Sort out dining room and finish accounts Went out for a walk with DH instead, then read a little

JFT: Wed 13 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Am: Grocery shopping
    • After lunch: chores
    • 7pm: Crochet Group

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    I forgot to post goals this morning and update.

I won’t bother with goals now but my weight today for the challenge was 188.6

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Pretty bad day yesterday, overindulged at free lunch and again in the evening when going out for dinner.

Oh well, onwards and upwards! If I'm good for the rest of the week I can still maintain rather than gain...Maybe lose a little if I don't eat back any exercise calories....

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stay within maintenance >:) Hahahaha, not even close
    - 3 bottles water :|2.5

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite >:)
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts >:)
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 30+ minute lunch break :neutral:
    - Finish work at 6pm :smile:
    - Do 1+ thing in French :smile:
    - Read something for application:/ Didn't manage to do this, really need to start prioritising it
    - Train home by 22.15 :smile:
    - Prep for running :neutral: Accidentally took my laptop home which meant I couldn't run today

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - No alcohol
    - 3 bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Do 1+ thing in French
    - Read something for job application
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    JFT Tuesday 12th Nov

Back exercises yes
    Drink enough yes
    Stay under maintenance doubt it
    Do not buy chocolate none bought
    Prep for trip tomorrow yes
    Lift the big bag forgot

I ate badly yesterday, must do better! Today will be unusual in that I'm away from home for the day. Hoping for half a day working and the rest to spend with a friend, relaxing. I'm worried about my brother and his wife, they live in the part of Australia affected by the bush fires. Yesterday their house was in the path of one of the fires but they didn't leave, stayed to protect the house. Luckily the fire by-passed them, but I just wish they were somewhere else!

JFT Wednesday 13th Nov

Back exercises
    Drink enough
    Gratitude
    Walk

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 180
  • Bex953172
    edited November 2019
    DISCARD 5LB CHALLENGE!

Round 5:
    SW: 180.0
    GW: 175.0
    CW: 180.0 (-0.0)
  • Bex953172
    JFT Weds
    Okay so my weight took me by surprise
    Yesterday I got weights of 185 and 182. So I was unsure
    Weighing today left me with 180 and I weighed like 3 times in different areas and it's still 180!

So sticking with that and feeling good I'm gonna try smash these goals today!

- 6 waters
    - Log EVERYTHING even if it puts me in the red! I just want to get used to logging and get over the fact it's hard on my phone! Remind myself it won't take long to do!
    - Walk dog (weather permitting)
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Fast until at least 11:00👍 Got wrapped up in some meetings and realized I never ate lunch
    2. Gym👍
    3. Log all food 👍
    4. Drink 100oz water👍
    5. Stop eating by 7:00👎 7:30
    6. Don’t eat any unhealthy snacks👍 managed to avoid the work candy bucket

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Fast until 11:00
    4. Workout at home
    5. Stop eating by 7:00
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 12 November

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) way over partly due to a large scone with clotted cream and jam!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    WATER :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - be below maintenance >:) scales still going in the wrong direction.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 13 November

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy scale trend - eat below maintenance.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    I'm so late today, so just popping in to say hi and wish everyone a good day!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Started the day with a walk in this freezing weather and then did an hour of yoga. Hoping to stay focused on healthy portions today and some self-compassion. Also, to get some writing done.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap T 11/12 ~ Rest day
    1) Move hourly / pace during noon webinar / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,131 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 34 floors :)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water = Altered plan when I rec'd my caramel apple order (fund-raiser for co-worker's kid)... absolutely HUGE apples. Ate 1 & holy cow was that filling! I weighed it & guesstimated amount of caramel & chocolate drizzled on for food log. :# Net cals -304 :/ , sodium green :) , sugar -37 :p not a surprise, fiber & protein good & 12c water
    3) Start PA-RM tests :) / chapter emails :) so glad Ben is now EMT administrator & I can pass member issues off to him :smiley: / catch up Inbox :neutral: / draft request for work orders (f/u audit) :) / other? filed "missing" DVD (positive ASSt. mgr had it... how else did it mysteriously appear in my office?) in folder :D
    4) Evening to-do's: quick grocery stop on way home :) / activate debit card :) / schedule cc pmt :) / verify ML subscription :) / verify RedCard acct look up password / wash dishes too tired / wash towels (as soon as get home) :) / other? updated budget s/s, filled Mountain of Food bag for church Thanksgiving :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :p 9:05 b/c I HAD to catch up w/ JFT posts / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:00 :mrgreen: (treadmill W before work)

JFT W 11/13
    1) Walked treadmill before work 2.6 mi 44:30 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks while at work / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 12c water
    4) Evening: boil eggs / make winter fruit salad for office food day R / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20 (x-train before work R)

Today I leave work early to attend 4:00 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour & am so excited. Have seen TSO at least 3 times before & love them. Truly feels like winter (very early this year even for Green Bay) with cold temps & snow falling today. We will get 2-4" of the light fluffy stuff, and wind is whipping so should be interesting driving later. May shovel tonight, or may leave snow for hubby to clear. :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member

Today I leave work early to attend 4:00 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Winter Tour & am so excited. Have seen TSO at least 3 times before & love them. Truly feels like winter (very early this year even for Green Bay) with cold temps & snow falling today. We will get 2-4" of the light fluffy stuff, and wind is whipping so should be interesting driving later. May shovel tonight, or may leave snow for hubby to clear. :wink:

HAVE A GREAT TIME! They put on such a fantastic show! I am not going to make it this year but last year was my 3rd time attending and every single show is just awesome!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Waters ✔
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Empty dishwasher ✔
    6. Put away load of laundry ✔
    7. Practice 2 daily essentials; cat cow stretch and inversion ✔
    8. Pay PayPal ✔
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay short term disability insurance, pay tolls bill, pay cable, hospital tour on Friday, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, give mom final shower addresses.
    10. QT with DH 👎
    11. Bed by 9, lights out by 930 ✔

DH stopped at a friends on his way home, and had to fill out an application after dinner so no real QT, but he was a good listener at dinner which i appreciated very much after feeling yet again disrespected as a woman at work :neutral: I managed to let it go a lot better last night though. I did a little stretching and quiet time which definitely helped. This morning I had a craving for an iced coffee and breakfast sandwich but I deliberately took a different way to work to physically avoid it. Hooray!

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home
    4. Do Atleast 2 daily essentials, inversion, cat cow, and bonus if time
    5. Run dishwasher, wash Dutch oven
    6. Empty fridge of leftovers
    7. Make 2 days of lunches
    8. Snuffle box for dog
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, pay cable, hospital tour on Friday, thanksgiving farm order, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, order cord wood (DH), replace kitchen light bulbs (DH)
    10. Go to mountain to buy season pass for DH. MUST DO TODAY IS DEADLINE!!!
    11. Bed by 830, lights out by 930.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    @Bex953172 and @AJB1014 I'm not a mother but I love reading all your posts about motherhood & pending. Sometimes I grin just reading. Hugs to you both!

@mytime6630 Joan, wonderful photos of your family and you look fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

@littleblackskirt Hugs to you, dear friend! Caring for elderly parents is hard work. Before we were married, hubby cared for his dad who'd had a stroke. After he passed, hubby (youngest of six kids, 5 living) cared for his aging mother. When hubby and I married in 2004, we bought a big house so she could live with us, and his sisters could stay occasionally. His mom Esta was 88 years old then. She and I were never close, but we got along. Hubby stayed at home full time because she otherwise would need to live in assisted living or a nursing home. I worked my corporate job then, long hours & sometimes weekends, but I managed food & meals, mostly. Esta had advancing dementia, and at times living with her was very difficult, but I would never ask hubby to move her out. We could never leave her on her own in the last years, some family member (she would balk at anyone else) had to be in our house if hubby and I went out together. Esta lived to be 99 years 10 months, and passed away in her room at our home in 2016. Hubby cared for her 24/7 with bi-weekly 24 hour stays from his youngest sister and frequent visits from his other sister (2 brothers & their wives visited infrequently and never helped out with care). I know how tough that was on hubby. But we are both so happy he was able to care for her in our home. You will not regret taking care of your parents.